Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2020, 07:49 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,963,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDABaptist View Post
Where in Scripture does it say Jesus Drank wine? He made wine for the wedding. He refused wine when he hung on the cross.
Me thinks you are funning with us.
How do you get 'wine ' ( a drinking wine ) out of Luke 23:36 in fulfillment of Psalm 69:21 ___________________
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2020, 08:22 PM

3,825 posts, read 1,382,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
so what about the topic of the thread Mike555; is there anything for you that Jesus has done personally in YOUR relationship with Him??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
He paid the penalty for my sins, and provided eternal life for me, and He intercedes on my behalf with the Father.
ok Mike555, so nothing personal for you, just what 'the book says' ?

Old 02-07-2020, 08:23 PM

Quote:
so what about the topic of the thread Mike555; is there anything for you that Jesus has done personally in YOUR relationship with Him??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
He paid the penalty for my sins, and provided eternal life for me, and He intercedes on my behalf with the Father.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Same here.
and you too Jimme, nothing personal for you, just what 'the book says' ?

Old 02-08-2020, 03:23 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
This personal Jesus is God’s new creation through Jesus for believers, as Jesus Holy Spirit will comfort and lead His believers in His gifts, and even do ministry through them, were the believer's participation is required. God’s Holy Spirit is with His, night and day throughout their lives and beyond............... People in Jesus day would drink the grape wine as the water could make people sick, as it would have waste water mixed in it, sweet fresh water was not available

Old 02-08-2020, 06:48 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,668,595 times
Quote:
Your suppose to treat your body like the temple of the Holy Spirit and alcohol is poison. So yes I would say it is more Christ like. Unless your a goat and enjoy drinking.
There is nothing wrong with enjoying drinking. As a matter of fact, there are distinct benefits. The first that comes to mind is that red wine provides benefits to heart and cardiovascular health. Obviously, moderation is crucial.

Quote:
Do you know for a fact that this was alcoholic wine? There are many varieties of non alcoholic wine. The Bible gives many warnings regarding alcohol. All the warnings are against it, not for it.
Non-alcoholic wine is a very recent invention, as in the past 200 years. Alcohol, used appropriately, has probably saved billions of lives for the simple reason that the process of making beer or wine destroys the harmful bacteria that exist in drinking water supplies all over the world. Using alcohol was the safe way to put water into a human body before reliable methods of purifying water were developed. As recently as the 18th century, people generally did not drink water. It simply wasn't safe to do so.

None of that suggests drinking to become intoxicated is a good idea.

Now, back to the topic of this thread. Your personal Jesus.

Old 02-09-2020, 07:29 AM

88,575 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
There is nothing wrong with enjoying drinking. As a matter of fact, there are distinct benefits. The first that comes to mind is that red wine provides benefits to heart and cardiovascular health. Obviously, moderation is crucial.

Non-alcoholic wine is a very recent invention, as in the past 200 years. Alcohol, used appropriately, has probably saved billions of lives for the simple reason that the process of making beer or wine destroys the harmful bacteria that exist in drinking water supplies all over the world. Using alcohol was the safe way to put water into a human body before reliable methods of purifying water were developed. As recently as the 18th century, people generally did not drink water. It simply wasn't safe to do so.

None of that suggests drinking to become intoxicated is a good idea.

Now, back to the topic of this thread. Your personal Jesus.
Since it seems this sentence was disregarded because it wasn't in red--now it is. Start a new thread if you want to talk about the pros and cons of alcohol.

Old 02-09-2020, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
HE spectacularly saved my life on a several occasions.......was wild how they happened......only Jesus or an angel could have pulled it off......
The Jesus of the Bible is alive today and wants to welcome you into the family through simple faith.......not one person who has believed has regretted the decision........
Sounds incredible - Vf6.
Have you discovered anything since, that He had for you to do in this world, that He saved you for?

Old 02-10-2020, 06:54 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
and you too Jimmie, nothing personal for you, just what 'the book says' ?
He gave me specific talents and gifts to use in His service.

Old 02-10-2020, 09:51 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
What are those talents and gifts? That no other person would have, specifically?

Old 02-10-2020, 05:28 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What are those talents and gifts? That no other person would have, specifically?
Again, what are those "specific" talents and gifts? What makes them different from 7 billion others?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity