Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2020, 05:28 PM

1,183 posts, read 536,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I believe God's word to be inspired, I just don't believe it was inspired to counter the natural order of the universe.

I also don't care that you believe the opposite. That is your problem. My problem with your position is that it is driving young people away from considering the miracles that God can create in their own lives. In that respect you are very dangerous for the spread of Christianity and in league with those who would deny God's power through natural order and evolution.

I don't care if you believe the earth is flat as did your predecessors, except to the extent that it hindered exploration of our planet for a few centuries. And some still do believe it is flat. There are hundreds of members of the flat earth society:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/16/us/fl...ntl/index.html

They don't like to be thought of a kooks either. But they are---just like creationists.
I am not going To lie in order to appeal to people. That is what heretics and liars do

i think I got this right about your faith. you believe the Bible was inspired but really not so much? You call it truth but say not really because they are made up stories? how convenient. You can think and do whatever you think is ok? Did I get your religion correct?

Easy for anyone to make up a collection of morals when they don’t believe in God’s Word. Not saying you of course. That is against the TOS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2020, 05:37 PM

63,795 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
I am not going To lie in order to appeal to people. That is what heretics and liars do

i think I got this right about your faith. you believe the Bible was inspired but really not so much? You call it truth but say not really because they are made up stories? how convenient. You can think and do whatever you think is ok? Did I get your religion correct?

Easy for anyone to make up a collection of morals when they don’t believe in God’s Word. Not saying you of course. That is against the TOS
You did NOT describe or understand Warden's faith correctly and you seem not to have a clue about the errors in your own faith. Nothing we humans touch or try to understand is inerrant or infallible, not even inspirations from God. We simply are and remain imperfect in everything we touch. You seem not to understand that unalterable truth.

Old 02-16-2020, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You did NOT describe or understand Warden's faith correctly and you seem not to have a clue about the errors in your own faith. Nothing we humans touch or try to understand is inerrant or infallible, not even inspirations from God. We simply are and remain imperfect in everything we touch. You seem not to understand that unalterable truth.
Sure, right. And we all know where this leads to. Be declaring Bible is inaccurate or mistranslated opens the door to say that sin is not really a sin. Do you honestly think that ploy is going to work when God asks you to explain yourself?

Old 02-17-2020, 08:03 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,916,184 times
Quote:
Sure, right. And we all know where this leads to. Be declaring Bible is inaccurate or mistranslated opens the door to say that sin is not really a sin. Do you honestly think that ploy is going to work when God asks you to explain yourself?
Probably better than the other excuse used by war criminals after WW II, "I was just following orders."

Old 02-17-2020, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Probably better than the other excuse used by war criminals after WW II, "I was just following orders."
If you are referring to my faith in the Lord and I am just following orders, well then, thank you for the nice compliment. Unfortunately, I am a pretty big sinner so ...

Old 02-17-2020, 07:15 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,176,355 times
Quote:
If you are referring to my faith in the Lord and I am just following orders, well then, thank you for the nice compliment. Unfortunately, I am a pretty big sinner so ...
Your biggest sin is embracing ignorance as a virtue.

Old 02-17-2020, 09:42 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,710,915 times
Quote:

Sure. Drive them away and refute Paul's stand:
Quote:
For though I am free from all, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win more of them. To the Jews I became as a Jew, in order to win Jews. To those under the law I became as one under the law (though not being myself under the law) that I might win those under the law. To those outside the law I became as one outside the law (not being outside the law of God but under the law of Christ) that I might win those outside the law. To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all people, that by all means I might save some. I do it all for the sake of the gospel, that I may share with them in its blessings.
I Cor. 9:19-23

Seems to me YOU are the one not practicing what your Bible preaches. That's what hypocrites and Pharisees do. I rebuke your kind the same way Jesus did the Pharisees of His day. They are the ONLY people to whom Jesus spoke harshly.

Your Bible isn't something you follow---you slap people in the face with it. You discourage them while despising them. No wonder young people want nothing to do with the ugly religion you exude. And I thank God you ARE the way you are. It gives real Jesus followers an opportunity to win people who are driven from your religion. I worshiped with a group of them Sunday. GLBTQ folks who have been driven from their conservative churches. Two used to be Southern Baptist like me. And they are far kinder to YOU than you have or ever will be to them. They actually dismissed their previous pastor because he was too militant against conservatives. One of them said to me, "We want to worship in our own way and don't want to do it on the bones of others. That's what it was like for us."

You may be a "christian" but you are no follower of Jesus---and all of them at that church ARE. And you spit on Paul's grave, wherever that may be.

Notice I don't have the same kindness toward you that those gay Christ followers have. I speak as harshly to today's Pharisees as Jesus did to those in His day.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 02-17-2020 at 09:51 PM..

Old 02-18-2020, 11:52 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,136,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Donkeys do not naturally talk and are not physiologically equipped to do so. But as I said, God can produce miracles. But then again, it may simply have been a story.

I told you that I don't believe the sun stopped in the sky.

What's not to understand about the fact that it has been scientifically proven that the Genesis creation and flood accounts are not literal?

If God can produce miracles like making a Donkey talk, why cant he then stop the sun in the sky or flood the entire earth, or create everything in 6 days?

Old 02-18-2020, 11:57 AM

33,227 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
If God can produce miracles like making a Donkey talk, why cant he then stop the sun in the sky or flood the entire earth, or create everything in 6 days?
It's not a matter of whether God could have, but whether he did. And the geological evidence is simply against a young earth created in six days. As for the sun stopping in the sky, that literally would have meant the earth stopping its rotation. And I just don't think that happened.

Old 02-18-2020, 12:15 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,176,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity