Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2020, 06:04 AM

1,750 posts, read 752,952 times

Advertisements

Hi, I hope everyone had a great Valentines Day!

I found this tidbit on Saint Valentine from a Catholic website.

Quote:
St. Valentine is the Patron Saint of affianced couples, bee keepers, engaged couples, epilepsy, fainting, greetings, happy marriages, love, lovers, plague, travellers, and young people. He is represented in pictures with birds and roses and his feast day is celebrated on February 14.
The records are spotty, but he was executed by the Romans for refusing to denounce Christianity and secretly marrying Christian couples.

It is claimed that he healed a blind child's eyes....perhaps that is why he is the patron saint of epilepsy?

https://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=159
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2020, 06:28 AM

998 posts, read 436,394 times
There is some truth in what the OP says, according to the spirit of Ama.

Old 02-15-2020, 06:53 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
Hi, I hope everyone had a great Valentines Day!

I found this tidbit on Saint Valentine from a Catholic website.

The records are spotty, but he was executed by the Romans for refusing to denounce Christianity and secretly marrying Christian couples.

It is claimed that he healed a blind child's eyes....perhaps that is why he is the patron saint of epilepsy?

https://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=159
I don't get the connection between a blind child and epilepsy.

Old 02-15-2020, 08:23 AM

1,750 posts, read 752,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't get the connection between a blind child and epilepsy.
I guess it was a bad connection on my part. I was thinking that epilepsy is sometimes started by flashing lights like in those anime cartoons. So I was connecting it to seeing.

Old 02-15-2020, 08:30 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
I guess it was a bad connection on my part. I was thinking that epilepsy is sometimes started by flashing lights like in those anime cartoons. So I was connecting it to seeing.
Oh, lol.

Yes, a seizure can be set off by flashing lights, but it doesn't really have anything to do with sight.

I have a great-niece with epilepsy. She is six years old. At our family party a few weeks I was taking some pictures in the house, and my niece (her mother) ran over to warn me not to use the flash when photographing her daughter because it could set off a seizure. I would have felt awful had I done so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity