Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2020, 08:14 PM

952 posts, read 323,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
On another forum someone said this today...is this a common belief?

So..... Job
the criminal promised Paradise---all dead to God anyway
until after Pentecost?
There were many dead to God before Pentecost , and many more dead to God post-Pentecost.
They can all be identified by their common inability to say with Job :

" For I know that my redeemer liveth and that He shall stand at the latter day
upon the earth . "
( Job 19:25 )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2020, 08:48 PM

23,144 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfailing presence View Post
There were many dead to God before Pentecost , and many more dead to God post-Pentecost.
They can all be identified by their common inability to say with Job :

" For I know that my redeemer liveth and that He shall stand at the latter day
upon the earth . "
( Job 19:25 )
What I keep saying is that 3000 people died at the first Pentecost, 3000 people were saved at the second, and so the rain teaches death to life.

But understand that there are two rains and Pentecost concludes Passover and so the light rain is given.

But the rain of the fall second season is a flood promised to be TWICE THE POWER OF PENTECOST, A FLOOD

Jesus speaks of this appointed flood to be just as in the days of Noah.

Noah's flood WAS the flood of the fall which came before the rain of Pentecost, and so where we saw death on the fist Shemini Atzeret, I believe we see life in the second flood, my opinions.

I can show this flood taking place in the prophets and show great hope after it has swepted by.

Old 02-15-2020, 10:17 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,963,384 times
Quote:
On another forum someone said this today...is this a common belief?
So Jacob, Enoch, David, Jeremiah, Mary Magdalene, Hosea, Abraham, Job, John, Peter,
the criminal promised Paradise---all dead to God anyway
until after Pentecost?....................
ALL who died before Jesus died (John 3:13 ) are still asleep in the grave including people like David - Acts 2:34.
No one who died before Jesus died was promised a ' heavenly ' resurrection but an earthly resurrection - Acts 24:15.
They can have a future earthly resurrection when under Christ Earth will become a beautiful paradise as Eden originally was.
Starting with the people like those of Luke 22:28-30 (Daniel 7:18) Rev. 20:6; 2:10; 5:9-10 they are offered: Heaven.
So, the majority of mankind will live on Earth, a beautiful paradisical Earth under Christ's 1,000-year reign over Earth.

Old 02-16-2020, 12:58 AM

23,144 posts, read 10,445,085 times
There are 3 sections of heaven, 3 types of resurrection Matthew can teach from Hebrews 8, tell them what is says about Moses in Hebrew 8 Matt, love that name btw, my Grandfather's name.

Old 02-16-2020, 04:53 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,006,629 times
No maam. As you pointed out God had many friends, however on Pentecost of 33 a new covenant went into effect. The pouring out of holy spirit on those disciples gathered that day was the birth of the Christian faith.

Old 02-16-2020, 07:20 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
No ma'am. As you pointed out God had many friends...
If I stop there...that is what I believe. Hard to change...He loved Enoch so much
He swept him up and away... He helped and personally counseled Hosea...''dead to God''? (or asleep?)
I admit, I'm a very simple person...no scholar with big words, no PhD after my name.
Some things just don't mesh to me.

Enoch "walked with God: and he was no more; for God took him" (Gen 5:21–24),
which some Christians interpret as Enoch's entering Heaven alive.
(found online to be sure)
Elijah, too?

Thank you all for posting. I might not understand it all...but thanks. Carry on.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 02-16-2020 at 07:40 AM..

Old 02-19-2020, 02:02 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,696,783 times
Quote:
If I stop there...that is what I believe. Hard to change...He loved Enoch so much
He swept him up and away... He helped and personally counseled Hosea...''dead to God''? (or asleep?)
I admit, I'm a very simple person...no scholar with big words, no PhD after my name.

Elijah, too?

Thank you all for posting. I might not understand it all...but thanks. Carry on.
I’m a simple person too

I don’t think the focus of any of the scriptures is to tell us literal, historical, miraculous, improbable things

The early church fathers understood this because they were rational people who were writing intellectual, theological things about the writings that they had inherited, and the terms they used were also symbolic and their focus was about interpreting scriptures and also writing their own prophecy, instructions by the Spirit they felt

There is a lot of stuff recorded about the Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, Hebrews that is not actually historical .... we have a merging of fact and myth and I believe we are at the stage where “the books” ie writings are being opened and we are to use our intelligence to separate the mythical from the facts

Old 02-19-2020, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
There are 3 sections of heaven, 3 types of resurrection Matthew can teach from Hebrews 8, tell them what is says about Moses in Hebrew 8 Matt, love that name btw, my Grandfather's name.
I am wondering how you arrived at the conclusion there are 3 sections of Heaven and 3 types of resurrection _________
I find Hebrews chapter 8 is about the tabernacle having heavenly significance at Hebrews 8:1-6.
Verse 5 corresponds to Exodus 25:9,40; Exodus 26:30 besides Numbers 8:4.
Whereas, Hebrews 8:7-13 deals with contrasting the old and new covenants .

Old 02-19-2020, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Elijah, too?..................
So, the question is to which heavens did Elijah ascend - 2 Kings 2:11
In Scripture Heaven can be (1) God's home of 1 Kings 8:39,49, (2) can be the universal heavens - Deut. 4:19, (3) and the mid-heavens where the birds fly and the wind blows - Psalm 78:26; Matthew 6:26.
Since Elijah was still alive on Earth years later writing a letter - 2nd Chronicles 21:1,12 then Elijah did Not ascend to God's home but was transferred from one spot on Earth to another location. That is why we find Elijah still alive years later.
Besides the way to Heaven (John 3:13) was Not opened up until Christ ascended to Heaven - John 14:2-3; Hebrews 9:24; Hebrews 10:19-20.

As far as Enoch, God simply did Not let enemies kill Enoch.
Enoch's life was cut short by God to spare him an awful death and God disposed of his body as God did with Moses' body.
- Hebrews 11:5,13; Deut. 34:5-6; Jude verse 9.
So, Enoch and Elijah, and even King David (Acts 2:34), are in still sleeping in the grave awaiting a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection back to live life on Earth again when Jesus begins his 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth.

Old 02-19-2020, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
There is a lot of stuff recorded about the Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, Hebrews that is not actually historical .... we have a merging of fact and myth and I believe we are at the stage where “the books” ie writings are being opened and we are to use our intelligence to separate the mythical from the facts
What I find historical is the Non-Biblical reference to Israel as found in the Egyptian National Museum, Cairo, Egypt.
The granite Merneptah Stela mentions 'Israel' as real history.
In Scripture, both Pharaoh and Moses used the word ' Israel ' when referring to descendants of Jacob at Exodus 5:1-2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity