U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 11:54 AM

2,886 posts, read 7,995,283 times

Advertisements

I took a course yesterday, and it dawned on me just how crucial
my speaking was, I have spoken negative things before, but my awakening
was after this seminar.
A couple of scripture passages are the following:
in the book of Proverbs it states that" death and life is in the power of the tongue'
"Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks"
Deuteronomy 30:19 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
19 This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live
As a Christian; what do you speak out your mouth into your life and the life of those around you on a daily basis?The words that we speak will give us (curses) death/ destruction .
or (Blessings) Life and liberty; [I]" for whom the Son makes free is free indeed"[/i]These are the steps we were taught to break free, from the bondage
Confess it- ( to God that you have spoken things out of His will)
repent- (stop doing it, turn away from this behavior)
renounce( to give up by formal declaration )
break rebuke it's power over your life
bless- (start speaking the word of God over your life and the life of others over this particular area that you have spoken death over.
This also apply to
Things that someone else has spoken over your life.
"You'll never amount to anything, or you're just like your no good father" etc.
These words can have a negative impact on our lives
most of the time we do not realize that we are speaking
negative, until someone else calls it our attention.
This was a well deserved teaching, I know it will take a lot of work, I'm looking forward to freedom in this area, especially when I am in a situation that tend to provoke negative responses, ie: road ragers, etc
What is your take on this and what can you add?
Who have cursed or blessed lately?

Last edited by yhwhshalomjr; 04-28-2008 at 12:14 PM.. Reason: added text and scripture
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 12:58 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,454,955 times
my grandmother (grandma) had a big effect on my whole familys outlook on this while I was growing up not to go around speaking negative things over money, or anything else. If you said "im broke" around her, you could guarntee you would hear.."you will have what you say. " at that time i didnt really understand what all she was trying to say or get us to think, but alot of it is about attitude also, about being thankful for what you have and having a postive outlook and trusting in God vs trusting in the situation. We would also here..we arent poor, our Father (God) owns the cattle on a thousand hills.

Psalms 50
10 For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.

11 I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine.

Old 04-28-2008, 01:35 PM

You are indeed blessed to have a grandmother that taught you and spoke positive confessions over your lives, most of us have had someone who spoke negative into our lives, maybe saying most is not the best thing, but I sincerely believe that it will be at least 75-80% that were cursed, by parents, siblings, peers, etc. even teachers and former pastors (you won't find a better church than we have) especially when we were young. not that they intended to hurt us; most of the spoken words were probably said out of ignorance, hurt and just got perpetuated over generations.
A father-in-law to be may meet his to be son for the first time and say something like "you're not good enough for my daughter". Or a wife may say to her husband or child when she's frustrated.."you make me sick, I'm tired of you, I wish you'd go somewhere"..even though she is ranting at the time, she is cursing too.
Or a husband that says to his wife, "I wish you were more like my mother, you can't cook or do anything right".......................................... you get the point..
the reason that I suspect this, is that there a lot of people that are having problems now that they are adults, and we have what we say, and we believe what we were taught in the natural. an analogy is a scenario where we are in our car and on the way home,"say from work, or on a trip, we have drove at least 5 miles and can't remember doing it" like our brain was suspended for a short period. Habit, we speak mainly out of habit. certain phrases etc. until our minds are renewed into the image of Christ, i imagine that a lot of bad things can come out of it (our flesh).

Last edited by yhwhshalomjr; 04-28-2008 at 02:08 PM..

Old 04-28-2008, 01:47 PM

I have saw alot of children that were cursed or put down by their parents that still, even after 5, 10, 15 years are still looking for acceptance because they didnt get it at home, I think thats another all too important reason to show the love of Christ. God is indeed a father of the fatherless.

Old 04-28-2008, 01:54 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,187,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
my grandmother (grandma) had a big effect on my whole familys outlook on this while I was growing up not to go around speaking negative things over money, or anything else. If you said "im broke" around her, you could guarntee you would hear.."you will have what you say. " at that time i didnt really understand what all she was trying to say or get us to think, but alot of it is about attitude also, about being thankful for what you have and having a postive outlook and trusting in God vs trusting in the situation. We would also here..we arent poor, our Father (God) owns the cattle on a thousand hills.

Psalms 50
10 For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.

11 I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine.
Amen!! So believe this...... and you sound like you have a wonderful grandmother!! What a blessing just in that!
Thanks you for sharing such a beautiful and gracious testamony.
Our Lord Jesus promised He would give us a life abundantly and He is faithful!!

Blessings to you and your's!

Old 04-28-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
I have saw alot of children that were cursed or put down by their parents that still, even after 5, 10, 15 years are still looking for acceptance because they didnt get it at home, I think thats another all too important reason to show the love of Christ. God is indeed a father of the fatherless.
Amen arguy1973:
This makes for a good discussion though;
I'm interested on the impact that it had or still has on the lives of people that may have walked away from God, as a result, or have resentment and bitterness
because key person in Leadership may have done this to them, or an usher/greeter; ( they're not always pleasant ya know) esp.when no one is looking ..
Yikes!!!!! I'm speaking the truth in LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE
Seriously though..... Ahem.......this can lead to rejection, 5,10,15 sometimes it can take a lifetime of getting over for someone who has not started overcoming the natural old nature( man/creation) yet.
God Bless
.................................................. .................................................. ................

Last edited by yhwhshalomjr; 04-28-2008 at 02:09 PM..

Old 04-28-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
Amen arguy1973:
This makes for a good discussion though;
I'm interested in what impact have it had on the lives of people that may have walked away from God, as a result, or have resentment and bitterness
because key person in Leadership may have done this to them, or an usher/greeter; ( they're not always pleasant ya know) esp. no one is looking ..
Yikes!!!!! I'm speaking the truth in LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE
God Bless
I am one that walked away from the ministry because of bitterness, its a sad but true fact, now I think I am all the more persuaded that God allows things to happen in our lives to be able to help others that are in the same situation that we were once in, its hard to help someone sometimes when you cant identify with what they are going thru.

Old 04-28-2008, 02:26 PM

Do you think that the church is suffering because of this type of past behavior?
I think it is grieving the Holy Spirit, because a lot of it is the reason why so many people that are weak in the faith have and will think about walking away, I know I did..
God Bless You for being transparent , this will help many to know that they are not alone or isolated, and they are not crazy.like somer would want them to appear.
I pray the Holy Spirit will fall down on every reader, that they may recover from the lies and illusion, deceptive ways that the enemy has used those in the church to destroy His most cherished prized posessions, His sheep, Forgive us Father in Jesus Name if we have this blood on our hands; we confess this_____ and repent and forsake it today, and we apply the Blood of Jesus to every heart that has been wounded, and we choose Father to forgive those who have offended us and we forgive ourselves, and surrender all of this to you Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ of Nazareth..
Thank-you for the victory at the cross
In Jesus Name We Pray Amen
For it is written"that whom the son makes free is free indeed"
Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God" It is also written
"So shall be my word that goes forth from my mouth, it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish the thing in which I sent it"

Old 04-28-2008, 02:28 PM

3,673 posts, read 10,193,172 times
Imagine! The power of positive thinking introduced in the bible of all places. How with the new age practitioners ever get over this?

Old 04-28-2008, 03:05 PM

12,157 posts, read 15,578,555 times
Quote:
This also apply to
Things that someone else has spoken over your life.
"You'll never amount to anything, or you're just like your no good father" etc.
These words can have a negative impact on our lives
most of the time we do not realize that we are speaking
negative, until someone else calls it our attention.
This was a well deserved teaching, I know it will take a lot of work, I'm looking forward to freedom in this area, especially when I am in a situation that tend to provoke negative responses, ie: road ragers, etc
What is your take on this and what can you add?
Who have cursed or blessed lately?
Thanks for sharing. It took me a long time before I realized how much negative self talk had poisoned my thoughts, outlook, being, ect. I cursed others but most of all I cursed myself. I had internalized so much of it as a child that this type of negativity seemed normal. I had to learn to see myself as God saw me and rebuke, negate all of the negative self talk with scriptures, prayer, songs, and visualizations of Jesus healing me. It was killing me. For example, when I would be really down, I would imagine Jesus standing above me speaking to me, pouring healing balm on me and around me and this was also a protection against those negative thoughts which had permeated my life. It has been a journey and a battle but God has healed me in so many ways and continues to heal me of this. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity