Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 10:43 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
As you can see - it took 7 posts before contention rose up from a thread where you simply said hello.

Navigate carefully during your time here.

Good to hear you are doing work to spread the word of God.
The contention as you put it had nothing to do with the original poster.
And I will not apologize for something that you cannot see for yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2020, 02:14 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
Quote:
As you can see - it took 7 posts before contention rose up from a thread where you simply said hello.

Navigate carefully during your time here. Both believers and unbelievers post regularly.

This forum is about Christianity, not for Christians to exclude others who are not of their particular denomination, creed etc so yep everyone is able to post within the forum guidelines

Old 06-29-2020, 03:06 PM

45,577 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The contention as you put it had nothing to do with the original poster.
And I will not apologize for something that you cannot see for yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
This forum is about Christianity, not for Christians to exclude others who are not of their particular denomination, creed etc so yep everyone is able to post within the forum guidelines
Both of you are reading things into my post that simply aren't there.

There is no mention of contention involving anyone. It was a general statement.

I didn't ask anyone to apologize.

I did not suggest excluding anyone.

It was posted strictly for the OP's information.

It is interesting what the conscience brings forth...

Old 06-29-2020, 04:03 PM

13 posts, read 3,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
Welcome to the forum sir. So fantastic you are conscious of your spiritual need. Mat 5:3 So many today do not care. May I ask what is the good news that Jesus came to earth to declare is? I certainly know that is a lot to ask, so let me ask what is the most important Good news that Christ declared?
Hello my friend.
Christ came to fulfill the promise, to free the captives, the afflicted and the distressed, and to take us to his kingdom, the New Jerusalem.
(Revelation 21 and 22)

Old 06-29-2020, 04:03 PM

Quote:

Navigate carefully during your time here. Both believers and unbelievers post regularly.

Quote:
Both of you are reading things into my post that simply aren't there.

There is no mention of contention involving anyone. It was a general statement.

I didn't ask anyone to apologize.

I did not suggest excluding anyone.

It was posted strictly for the OP's information.

It is interesting what the conscience brings forth...
I didn’t say anything about apologies but the very nature of Christianity is about divisions

I know you are against Jerwade and those you believe are “unbelievers”

I know Jerwade is against Jehovah witnesses and religious control and indoctrination in general

I know highway is an adherent of the Jehovah witnesses and he is looking for a way to “convert” anyone to his beliefs

There is a lot of contention on this forum, because it is people that contend with each other, you can not separate the person from their views and from their reactions to each other

So at post 7 we obviously do get contenders discussing/airing their deep seated contentions with each other

That’s all I was meaning, the contentions will happen because we all have different beliefs, viewpoints about Christianity and each other

Old 06-29-2020, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPost1 View Post
Hello my friend.
Christ came to fulfill the promise, to free the captives, the afflicted and the distressed, and to take us to his kingdom, the New Jerusalem.
(Revelation 21 and 22)
There are a lot of different viewpoints on this forum about a lot of things, but I do think that is the essence of what Christ came to achieve in His Body of believers, welcome!

Old 06-29-2020, 04:12 PM

13 posts, read 3,840 times
Quote:

No problem, my friend.

Old 06-29-2020, 04:52 PM

45,577 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I didn’t say anything about apologies but the very nature of Christianity is about divisions

I know you are against Jerwade and those you believe are “unbelievers”

I know Jerwade is against Jehovah witnesses and religious control and indoctrination in general

I know highway is an adherent of the Jehovah witnesses and he is looking for a way to “convert” anyone to his beliefs

There is a lot of contention on this forum, because it is people that contend with each other, you can not separate the person from their views and from their reactions to each other

So at post 7 we obviously do get contenders discussing/airing their deep seated contentions with each other

That’s all I was meaning, the contentions will happen because we all have different beliefs, viewpoints about Christianity and each other
I trust the OP understood what I meant.

Old 06-29-2020, 05:00 PM

Quote:
I trust the OP understood what I meant.
I trust others know what I meant too

I’m pretty sure the OP is very aware of the contentious nature of this forum

Everyone is pretty upfront about their varying opinions

Old 06-29-2020, 08:44 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,961,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPost1 View Post
Hello my friend.
Christ came to fulfill the promise, to free the captives, the afflicted and the distressed, and to take us to his kingdom, the New Jerusalem. (Revelation 21 and 22)
Yes, New Jerusalem is heavenly Jerusalem (Galatians 4:26)
Heavenly Jerusalem is Now the seat of government of God's kingdom (Daniel 2:44)
I see at Revelation 21:2,10 that New Jerusalem comes down..... so that God is with MEN (verse 3) .
Jesus did Not teach us to pray to be ' taken away ' to God's kingdom, nor pray to the ' taken up ' to God's kingdom.
Rather, Jesus taught us to pray for God's kingdom to come ( thy kingdom come ...)
Come so that God's will (His purpose) for Heaven will also be done here on Earth as it is done in Heaven.
In Heaven there is: No crime, No war, No pollution, No hunger, No sickness, No death,......
So, we are praying for those same healthy conditions to come to Earth.
This is why we are ALL invited to pray the invitation at Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come !
Come and undo all the damage Satan and Adam brought upon mankind.
Come and bring ' healing ' to earth's nations as per Rev. 22:2.
Come and bring ' healing ' to the point that No one will say, " I am sick..." - Isaiah 33:24
Come and bring ' healing ' to Earth and its people as described in the 35th chapter of Isaiah.
Come and bring ' healing ' to Earth to the point that even ' enemy death ' will be No more on Earth - 1st Cor. 15:26; Isaiah 25:8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity