Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2020, 03:54 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Definitely NOT automatic. Totally up to us how obedient we are, and we will be judged accordingly - but yet still in the family of God.
The action is indicative. Nowhere is it subjunctive, or that of being contingent or probable, nor imperative on the subject’s response. Neither is it Optative, as in being unlikely or wishful thinking that mankind might come to this salvation and knowledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2020, 03:59 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Default? You do know that this does not come from the HOLY SPIRIT of GOD?
Do your own investigation and you will find it..........the one man below is Adam and you inherited the sin just like the rest of us.........

Rom 5:12 Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned—

Rom 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Old 07-02-2020, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
I’m with ya - all the way.
One last question - after being saved and He enters your life: the part about “wants” change - going forward does it require any effort on your part if your saved, or does everything fall into place automatically as you proceed in your life forward is it impossible for you to keep on sinning old sins and habits, or does God just not care anymore if you don’t change and keep sinning old sins and habits?
CCC the Holy Spirit for me is a still small voice sometimes, or a gentle force urging you to holiness. He is also God so He will never steer you towards sin, but gently lead you to discard the old useless habits and bring in more helpful ones. One sure way to know it is the Spirit is HE WILL ALWAYS AGREE WITH THE WORD......so rest in your eternal salvation and spread the gospel of grace to anyone who will listen..........and be looking up! for the rapture...........

Old 07-02-2020, 09:16 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,963,384 times
Quote:
One last question - after being saved and He enters your life: the part about “wants” change - going forward does it require any effort on your part if your saved, or does everything fall into place automatically as you proceed in your life forward is it impossible for you to keep on sinning old sins and habits, or does God just not care anymore if you don’t change and keep sinning old sins and habits?
I am wondering what you think of Jesus' words at Matthew 24:13 _________
I notice Jesus says the one who endures to the end is the saved one.
So, literal salvation comes at the end: The end of one's faithful life, or at the end of this world of badness for the living.
We have the opportunity Now to ' repent ' if we do Not want to ' perish ' ( be destroyed ) - 2nd Peter 3:9
To me, God does care when we repent and put forth the effort to be upright or righteous people.
Though we fall short, Jesus' ransom covers ' many ' as per Matthew 20:28.

'Habits' can be either the best of servants or the worst of masters.
So, our bad habits, or weaknesses always need work to overcome in any degree.
Thus, we will Not be destroyed by the executional words from Jesus' mouth at the time of Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-16.
Then, we can be part of the ' great crowd ' of saved people of Revelation 7:14,9 who come through the great tribulation.

Old 07-03-2020, 03:24 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,382,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
CCC the Holy Spirit for me is a still small voice sometimes, or a gentle force urging you to holiness. He is also God so He will never steer you towards sin, but gently lead you to discard the old useless habits and bring in more helpful ones. One sure way to know it is the Spirit is HE WILL ALWAYS AGREE WITH THE WORD......so rest in your eternal salvation and spread the gospel of grace to anyone who will listen..........and be looking up! for the rapture...........
Thank you Vf6 for your reply. I may never get to meet you in person here, but I'm confident we will stand eye-to-eye, before Him, someday, and I look forward to that!

Old 07-03-2020, 03:34 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,382,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I am wondering what you think of Jesus' words at Matthew 24:13 _________
I notice Jesus says the one who endures to the end is the saved one.
So, literal salvation comes at the end: The end of one's faithful life, or at the end of this world of badness for the living.
We have the opportunity Now to ' repent ' if we do Not want to ' perish ' ( be destroyed ) - 2nd Peter 3:9
To me, God does care when we repent and put forth the effort to be upright or righteous people.
Though we fall short, Jesus' ransom covers ' many ' as per Matthew 20:28.

'Habits' can be either the best of servants or the worst of masters.
So, our bad habits, or weaknesses always need work to overcome in any degree.
Thus, we will Not be destroyed by the executional words from Jesus' mouth at the time of Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-16.
Then, we can be part of the ' great crowd ' of saved people of Revelation 7:14,9 who come through the great tribulation.
Mat24:13 certainly speaks to me with my 54 years - some life-long bad habits only recently being overcome despite many long years pushing hard on a rock that never moved!
I'm excited to see what comes next!

Old 07-03-2020, 05:00 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,963,384 times
Quote:
Mat24:13 certainly speaks to me with my 54 years - some life-long bad habits only recently being overcome despite many long years pushing hard on a rock that never moved!
I'm excited to see what comes next!
Ah, age 50's is the youth of old age !
What comes next is recorded for us at 1st Thess. 5:2-3.
Before the out break of the great tribulation of Rev. 7:14,9 the powers that be will be saying, " Peace and Security...."
But that 'signal' is what will prove to be the precursor to the coming great tribulation before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will be the one who will usher in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.

Old 07-04-2020, 02:21 AM

Quote:
At the end of the day salvation is a simple concept.........if just ONE person gets curious and finds the Lord from one of these posts I will be doing cartwheels all afternoon. It is not necessary for mental gymnastics proving yourself worthy, NONE of us are worthy of heaven. It is a gift that can't be earned. There is NO sin that couldn't have been paid for by the shed blood of Jesus, the King of Kings and the Creator of the universe and everything in it. Jesus plainly says HE wants ALL to come to know HIM.........He is waiting for you to hear the word and be drawn to Him by the Holy Spirit...........

While Jesus wants all to come to Him I'm sure it's a surprise for some of you (maybe most of you) that by default you are NOT set for heaven, far from it. We come into this world with the inherited sin of Adam and cannot please God in any way as we are separated from Him. We must actively make a freewill choice and choose to accept Him and trust Him forever. He gives us the Holy Spirit to ensure we all make it who want Him as their Savior..............the Spirit runs very quietly in the background, (HE is God as well as God the Father and God the Son) you get all the wisdom you ask for........we are all equal in the body of Christ and we all receive wisdom.
Quote:
Default? You do know that this does not come from the HOLY SPIRIT of GOD?
Quote:
Do your own investigation and you will find it..........the one man below is Adam and you inherited the sin just like the rest of us.........
I have done my own investigating and that of experiencing life itself through that of living it.
What I have found is that much of what is believed by many has nothing to do with wisdom.

Old 07-05-2020, 08:55 PM

Quote:
I have done my own investigating and that of experiencing life itself through that of living it.
What I have found is that much of what is believed by many has nothing to do with wisdom.

2 Corinthians 4:4
"In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them."

Old 07-05-2020, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Quote:
2 Corinthians 4:4
"In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them."
I am not into blind faith and have found that much of what is believed by man has nothing to do with wisdom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity