Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2020, 05:31 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,668,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
That is exactly what he is saying, but I wouldn't expect him to admit it. Integrity is not his strong suit, nor is that of protecting abused children. Supposedly because of some twisted two-witness rule. In reality, he is more concerned with the name Jehovah and the Organization?
There is a program called "The Witnesses" that deals with the Jehovah's Witnesses and child sex abuse. It's running this morning on the Oxygen network on cable TV, from 6:00 AM until 10:00 AM, Eastern time.

Look it up, watch it, and see what you think.

Old 07-01-2020, 08:22 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
When you have an Organization that isolates itself from the outside world, while demonizing the world, it’s the perfect place for a pedophile; and those who want control over women.

Old 07-01-2020, 09:10 AM

3,825 posts, read 1,382,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
Great question Michael, The Bible leaves no room for doubt sir. Although not all of the identification, this should easily identify it for you:
10 ways to identify the one faith
One faith Eph 4:5
//snip //
Where does the count of '10' ways come from?
How can you be sure it wasn't supposed to be 11 ways, or 12 ways.
What if YOU missed one or two?
Where does bible state there are TEN ways, and only 10, and not 11, or 12??
a serious question. reply?

Last edited by CCCyou; 07-01-2020 at 09:18 AM..

Old 07-01-2020, 09:54 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
How many sects of Christianity are there?
Does any of them reject the notion that you are saved if you accept Jesus as your saviour, and lost if not?
Does any of them believe the resurrection as a metaphor rather than historical fact?
Does any of them worship Mary as the blessed chosen one?
There is exactly ONE sect of christianity and that is known as "the body of Christ".........there is no perfect denomination.

Mary is another human who needed to be saved by her Son.......she has no magical qualities.......just a really unique experience.........

You either accept salvation as a free gift from Jesus and have heaven later or reject Him and accept Satan as your father and you go to be with him at the end of your life.

Old 07-01-2020, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
You either accept salvation as a free gift from Jesus and have heaven later or reject Him and accept Satan as your father and you go to be with him at the end of your life.
Now you automatically have people accepting an entity called Satan that doesn't exist?
If someone does not accept the notion of a free gift? Talk about religious nonsense.

Old 07-01-2020, 02:58 PM

1,161 posts, read 466,636 times
Quote:
yes, i prefer to know what people who practice the religion actually think, not “authoritative “ answers on the internet.
If you want to know what people who practice the religion actually think, why would you post fairly technical questions on a forum that has only a comparative handful of regular participants where and anyone who claims the label of Christian must be regarded as one? Your response makes no sense and strongly suggests an ulterior motive. An hour of Googling would have provided you with far more meaningful answers than you are going to get at a forum such as this. Moreover, there are at least two very, very large Christian sites where the same questions would have provided you with many more Christian perspectives.

Old 07-01-2020, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Great question Michael, The Bible leaves no room for doubt sir. Although not all of the identification, this should easily identify it for you:

1. The one faith would worship the God Jehovah exclusively. (Matthew 4:10) Jesus said to him: “Go away, Satan! For it is written: ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to Him alone you must render sacred service.’” (It was written at Deut 6:13).
I highly doubt that he meant EXCUSIVELY to that of ONLY your Organization?

Quote:
2. The one faith will not participate in war. Paul stated: (2 Corinthians 10:3) .*.*. For though we walk in the flesh, we do not wage warfare according to what we are in the flesh.*.*.
I wouldn't want you protecting my children, even though YOU are more than flesh and blood?

Quote:
3. The one faith approaches Jehovah through Jesus, Paul said:
(1 Timothy 2:5) .*.*. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus.*.*. Jesus said: (John 14:6) .*.*. Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.*.*.
Yet, you claim that it is through your Organization, and its adherents?

Quote:
4. Jesus said the one faith would be known by the love of its adherents:
(John 13:34, 35) .*.*. I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, you also love one another. 35* By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves.*.*.

It’s adherents would imitate Jesus, Peter said: (1 Peter 2:21) .*.*. to this course you were called, because even Christ suffered for you, leaving a model for you to follow his steps closely.*.*.
So, there is nothing about loving your neighbor, outside of your worldly Organization and its adherents (among yourselves)? And your children cannot associate with mine on the playground?

Quote:
5. The one faith will preach the good news of the Kingdom of God, as mankind’s only hope, not a worldly government, Jesus stated:

(John 18:36) .*.*.“My Kingdom is no part of this world. .*.*. He told us to: (Matthew 6:33) 33*“Keep on, then, seeking first the Kingdom and his righteousness, and all these other things will be added to you.

Jesus stated the main reason he came to earth: (Luke 4:43) .*.*.“I must also declare the good news of the Kingdom of God to other cities, because for this I was sent.”

He assigned his followers to: (Matthew 28:19) .*.*.Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations,.*.*., 20*teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you.
He said that he was not of this world, yet you keep trying to build a one world government according to your own understanding?

Quote:
6. The one faith accepts the Bible as the inspired message of God, Paul said:
(2 Timothy 3:16) .*.*. All Scripture is inspired of God.*.*.
For correction and teaching, not self-exaltation or that of being self-righteous.

Quote:
7. The one faith would appear to be formed in the last days, it’s adherents would be highly educated through instruction, and would live the teachings in their lives: Isaiah wrote: (Isaiah 2:2, 3) .*.*. In the final part of the days, The mountain of the house of Jehovah Will become firmly established . . .And to it all the nations will stream. *3*And many peoples will go and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, To the house of the God of Jacob. He will instruct us about his ways, And we will walk in his paths.
If building that house on sand works for you?

Quote:
8. The one faith would not set men on high, with religious titles, Jesus said: (Matthew 23:8-10) 8*But you, do not you be called Rabbi, for one is your Teacher, and all of you are brothers. 9*Moreover, do not call anyone your father on earth, for one is your Father, the heavenly One. 10*Neither be called leaders, for your Leader is one, the Christ.
But you lift that of yourself up on a continuous basis?

Quote:
9. The one faith does not allow unrepentant sinners to remain among them, Paul stated: (1 Corinthians 5:11-13) .*.*.I am writing you to stop keeping company with anyone called a brother who is sexually immoral or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man. . .“Remove the wicked person from among yourselves.”
And your Organization shuns the victim (child), after they have been sexually abused?

Quote:
10. The one faith does not practice interfaith with other “Christian” faiths. All teach the same thing, and have the same line of thought: (2 Cor 6:14) For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have?

(Phil 2:2) make my joy full by being of the same mind and having the same love, being completely united, having the one thought in mind.

(1 Corinthians 1:10) Now I urge you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you should all speak in agreement and that there should be no divisions among you, but that you may be completely united in the same mind and in the same line of thought.

Jesus said: (John 17:20) .*.*.“I make request, not concerning these only, but also concerning those putting faith in me through their word.*.*. in order that they may be one just as we are one.
My mind and thoughts are way above yours. He did not call us into isolation. Nor to treat a woman as less-than based on your male dominant attitude.

Last edited by Jerwade; 07-01-2020 at 06:28 PM.. Reason: removed extra quotation mark

Old 07-01-2020, 06:13 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:
The Bible mentions there is but one faith God accepts CB. Sects formed when disciples apostatized and left. Paul spoke about it at: (Acts 20:29, 30) 29 I know that after my going away oppressive wolves will enter in among you and will not treat the flock with tenderness, 30 and from among you yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things to draw away the disciples after themselves.

Since then many sects have formed, yet there is only one group of them that God accepts, but take heart God identifies His people very clearly in scripture.
Quote:

1. The one faith would worship the God Jehovah exclusively. (Matthew 4:10) Jesus said to him: “Go away, Satan! For it is written: ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to Him alone you must render sacred service.’” (It was written at Deut 6:13).

2. The one faith will not participate in war. Paul stated: (2 Corinthians 10:3) .*.*.For though we walk in the flesh, we do not wage warfare according to what we are in the flesh.*.*.

3. The one faith approaches Jehovah through Jesus, Paul said:
(1 Timothy 2:5) .*.*.For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus.*.*.Jesus said: (John 14:6) .*.*.Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.*.*.

4. Jesus said the one faith would be known by the love of its adherents:
(John 13:34, 35) .*.*.I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, you also love one another. 35*By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves.*.*.
It’s adherents would imitate Jesus,
Peter said: (1 Peter 2:21) .*.*.to this course you were called, because even Christ suffered for you, leaving a model for you to follow his steps closely.*.*.

5. The one faith will preach the good news of the Kingdom of God, as mankind’s only hope, not a worldly government, Jesus stated:
(John 18:36) .*.*.“My Kingdom is no part of this world. .*.*.
He told us to: (Matthew 6:33) 33*“Keep on, then, seeking first the Kingdom and his righteousness, and all these other things will be added to you.
Jesus stated the main reason he came to earth: (Luke 4:43) .*.*.“I must also declare the good news of the Kingdom of God to other cities, because for this I was sent.”
He assigned his followers to: (Matthew 28:19) .*.*.Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations,.*.*., 20*teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you.

6. The one faith accepts the Bible as the inspired message of God, Paul said:
(2 Timothy 3:16) .*.*.All Scripture is inspired of God.*.*.

7. The one faith would appear to be formed in the last days, it’s adherents would be highly educated through instruction, and would live the teachings in their lives: Isaiah wrote: (Isaiah 2:2, 3) .*.*.In the final part of the days, The mountain of the house of Jehovah Will become firmly established . . .And to it all the nations will stream. *3*And many peoples will go and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, To the house of the God of Jacob. He will instruct us about his ways, And we will walk in his paths.

8. The one faith would not set men on high, with religious titles, Jesus said: (Matthew 23:8-10) 8*But you, do not you be called Rabbi, for one is your Teacher, and all of you are brothers. 9*Moreover, do not call anyone your father on earth, for one is your Father, the heavenly One. 10*Neither be called leaders, for your Leader is one, the Christ.

9. The one faith does not allow unrepentant sinners to remain among them,
Paul stated: (1 Corinthians 5:11-13) .*.*.I am writing you to stop keeping company with anyone called a brother who is sexually immoral or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man. . .“Remove the wicked person from among yourselves.”

10. The one faith does not practice interfaith with other “Christian” faiths. All teach the same thing, and have the same line of thought: (2 Cor 6:14) For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have?
(Phil 2:2) make my joy full by being of the same mind and having the same love, being completely united, having the one thought in mind.
(1 Corinthians 1:10) Now I urge you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you should all speak in agreement and that there should be no divisions among you, but that you may be completely united in the same mind and in the same line of thought.
Jesus said: (John 17:20) .*.*.“I make request, not concerning these only, but also concerning those putting faith in me through their word.*.*.in order that they may be one just as we are one.
I guess I'll have to be more direct. Do you as a Jehovah's Witness claim that the Jehovah's Witness's are the only group that God accepts?

Old 07-01-2020, 09:38 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,963,384 times
Why else would a person belong to a religion unless they believed it was the right one __________
- www.jw.org

Old 07-01-2020, 09:56 PM

2,962 posts, read 863,828 times
Quote:
yes, i prefer to know what people who practice the religion actually think, not “authoritative “ answers on the internet.
So your motivations for asking those questions was more of a sociological or psychological interest, rather than genuinely seeking the answers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity