Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2020, 10:01 PM

33,227 posts, read 26,434,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Why else would a person belong to a religion unless they believed it was the right one __________
- www.jw.org
So you're saying the Jehovah's Witness's are the only true Christians.

Old 07-02-2020, 05:33 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,006,182 times
Default Number of ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Where does the count of '10' ways come from?
How can you be sure it wasn't supposed to be 11 ways, or 12 ways.
What if YOU missed one or two?
Where does bible state there are TEN ways, and only 10, and not 11, or 12??
a serious question. reply?
There are more scriptures that identify the people of God CCC. You will find there are only 2 or three faiths that meet the first two I gave. Only one faith meets all of those 10 identifying passages

Old 07-02-2020, 05:43 AM

Default Jehovah's witness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
I guess I'll have to be more direct. Do you as a Jehovah's Witness claim that the Jehovah's Witnesses are the only group that God accepts?
You will have to determine that for yourself Mike. Do we? Do we exclusively serve and worship Jehovah? Do we participate in carnal warfare? Do we approach Jehovah through Jesus? Are we noted for the love we have among ourselves? Do we teach the Kingdom of God as mankind's only hope? Do we accept the Bible as God's inspired word? Did we seemingly form during the last days? Do we place our leaders on high, placing them above God? Do we allow unrepentant serious sinners to remain in good standing in the congregation? Do you see us joining with other faiths in activities, whatever they are?

If you are honest, you will see that we, and only we, meet those qualifications. I would like to know however if you are aware of any other faith that does.

Old 07-02-2020, 05:47 AM

Default Believe it or not

Quote:
Why else would a person belong to a religion unless they believed it was the right one __________
- www.jw.org
I have asked others why they chose their faith, you should try that. Most people think God accepts all faiths, so most choose the faith that meets their beliefs best. Most do not even know what God wants.

I will say however, God identified the faith, I have posted enough to identify it beyond any reasonable doubt. All will either be preserved or destroyed by their choice, as sure as God exists

Old 07-02-2020, 06:05 AM

88,560 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
So you're saying the Jehovah's Witness's are the only true Christians.
No, he's not saying that, because that would be against the rules of this forum.

Old 07-02-2020, 06:06 AM

88,560 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
- www.jw.org
Some of us do not believe there is any "right one". There is the "right one" for you and the right one for someone else, and that might even change over time as life changes.

Old 07-02-2020, 07:52 AM

33,227 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
You will have to determine that for yourself Mike. Do we? Do we exclusively serve and worship Jehovah? Do we participate in carnal warfare? Do we approach Jehovah through Jesus? Are we noted for the love we have among ourselves? Do we teach the Kingdom of God as mankind's only hope? Do we accept the Bible as God's inspired word? Did we seemingly form during the last days? Do we place our leaders on high, placing them above God? Do we allow unrepentant serious sinners to remain in good standing in the congregation? Do you see us joining with other faiths in activities, whatever they are?

If you are honest, you will see that we, and only we, meet those qualifications. I would like to know however if you are aware of any other faith that does.
I've got news for you. Everyone . . .Everyone who places their faith in Jesus Christ is acceptable to God because God credits the perfect righteousness of Jesus to all who believe in him. Don't believe me? Well, being a JW you won't believe Paul either, but he says exactly that in Romans chapters 3-5.

As for the JW's,

Spoiler

Old 07-02-2020, 08:26 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
- www.jw.org
Those at the Jonestown settlement thought the same thing?

Old 07-02-2020, 08:47 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,013,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Those at the Jonestown settlement thought the same thing?
And let's be honest. You believe you have it correct, so you're here daily to edumucate us ignorant dolts into how we're wrong, and you're right. You're not better, or no different from anyone else. This is an internet discussion forum, and everyone believes they have it figured out.

Old 07-02-2020, 08:59 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
And let's be honest. You believe you have it correct, so you're here daily to edumucate us ignorant dolts into how we're wrong, and you're right. You're not better, or no different from anyone else. This is an internet discussion forum, and everyone believes they have it figured out.
Even you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity