Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2020, 09:01 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
You don't have a clue what you're talking about.
I just read what it says, and the beginning of 53 is talking about what the gentile nations will say....

Quote:
You don't understand the Hebrew Scriptures nearly as well as you pretend to.

I understand them better than you do...So, yea, your comment is weak...

Quote:
And having been shown that there were Jewish rabbis that say that Isaiah 53 is about the Messiah, you simply disregard it.

Yea, and you were wrong, I supplied the real facts behind that...Rabbinic Satire, is what you actually think is differences of opinion....

Quote:
As always it's a complete waste of time with you. So once again, we're done.
The only reason that you think that it is a waste of time is that if anyone rebuts your ridiculous claims, you run away because your arguments fall apart in light of real facts...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2020, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Jews will deny that Isaiah 53 refers to the Messiah and not to Israel because they will not accept that Jesus is the Messiah. But Jesus himself applied Isaiah 53 to himself. Jews are in denial, including you, Richard.
I apply Isaiah 53 to myself, so, I must be the Mashiach...So, get down on your knees and kiss my feet...

Old 12-15-2020, 09:06 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,333,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I apply Isaiah 53 to myself, so, I must be the Mashiach...So, get down on your knees and kiss my feet...
Whew!

Old 12-15-2020, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Without knowing it, you just admitted that Isaiah 53 refers to the Messiah since Sanhedrin 98b is about the Messiah and mentions Isaiah 53 in the course of discussing who the Messiah is.
Proves nothing...You’re grasping for straws...This is why it is dangerous for Gentiles to attempt to understand Sanhedrin 98b, because they fail to take it as the satire that it was meant to be and instead take it literal...

Old 12-15-2020, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Whew!
Like that, huh?...

Old 12-15-2020, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Jews will deny that Isaiah 53 refers to the Messiah and not to Israel because they will not accept that Jesus is the Messiah. But Jesus himself applied Isaiah 53 to himself. Jews are in denial, including you, Richard.
You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?

Old 12-16-2020, 05:21 AM

537 posts, read 457,238 times
Originally Posted by Michael Way Jews will deny that Isaiah 53 refers to the Messiah and not to Israel because they will not accept that Jesus is the Messiah. But Jesus himself applied Isaiah 53 to himself. Jews are in denial, including you, Richard.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
************************************************** *************************************

Michael, one of the biggest issues here is the fact that Richard simply refuses to accept all of the New Testament corroboration regarding all of the Old Testament prophecies attributed to Christ. For someone, particularly a Jewish person, to discredit that (I believe) is simply to have an agenda not to acknowledge Jesus as the one to whom all this has pointed, and in whom all this has been fulfilled.

How can a present-day Jew feel that he/she is a greater authority than even the Jews in the Bible who acknowledged these truths as finding their fulfillment in Christ. I believe that you have correctly stated that to truly know the New Testament would also entail seeing a Christian fulfillment of that which had been prophesied.

What constitutes the difference between Jews who have come to believe on Christ as that promised Messiah and those who don't? If I am a Jew who is strongly bent on rejecting Jesus at any cost, regardless of what Jewish scholars who have confessed Christ have concluded, why am I the more credible, and why should I simply reject the other folks as being foolish? To me it is an important question. There is just so much in the New Testament that very specifically states otherwise, and many a Jew have seen this, and have come to believe on Jesus Christ. May it be that God will still change hearts and draw many more to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

Old 12-16-2020, 10:42 AM

63,833 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
" We will. We will, Rock You!" Adamar.

Old 12-16-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
I love that movie.

Old 12-16-2020, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
" We will. We will, Rock You!" Adamar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRD0ghlFSgk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity