Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2020, 12:03 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Again, this is not born out in Act. Ananais as well is attributed to being visited by the Lord and told to accept and embrace Paul as the Lord's "chosen instrument".

In a court of law, this would be considered corroborating eyewitness testimony. You make it wound like the bible describes Paul showing up out of the blue making wild claims. The Lord told others about Paul, so it is false to say the bible reflects Paul appointing himself. That is patently untrue. "Acts" clearly states that the Lord CHOSE Paul. The bible is crystal clear that Paul was not self-appointed. You have misinterpreted that or fogotten what took place after Paul was blinded on the road.
Who wrote Acts?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2020, 12:13 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
That is not what is written in the New Testament Acts.

But the Lord said to Ananias, 'Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel. I will show him how much he must suffer for my name."

Then Ananias went to the house and entered it. Placing his hands on Saul, he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord—Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you were coming here—has sent me so that you may see again and be filled with the Holy Spirit.”
Act 15:7**and there having been much disputing, Peter having risen up said unto them, 'Men, brethren, ye know that from former days, God among us did make choice, through my mouth, for the nations to hear the word of the good news, and to believe;

So, who was chosen by G-d to take the gospel to the nations, Paul or Peter?...

Old 12-03-2020, 02:43 AM

335 posts, read 166,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Another verse I don't see often if ever. All over people are trying to walk in the footsteps of Jesus until He
gets to the sea, then it gets difficult. Most of us can't walk on water or do what He did. He came in His earthly ministry on a mission to the Jews and the cross. He was the author of the law and taught the law. The body of Christ is not under the law today, being under grace now we have the Holy Spirit to guide and help us, plus the fact Jesus returned to heaven in the AD30's. Paul under the inspiration of the Spirit offers himself as an example we can follow as he follows Christ.............maybe something to consider..............

1Co 11:1 Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ.

1Co 4:15 For though you have countless guides in Christ, you do not have many fathers. For I became your father in Christ Jesus through the gospel.
1Co 4:16 I urge you, then, be imitators of me.
1Co 4:17 That is why I sent you Timothy, my beloved and faithful child in the Lord, to remind you of my ways in Christ, as I teach them everywhere in every church.
Follow the word of God aka the truth, aka scripture. Don''t cherry pick what to follow, just heed 100% of scripture as truth. The entire counsel of GOD

Last edited by mensaguy; 12-03-2020 at 07:06 AM.. Reason: Fixed quote tag

Old 12-03-2020, 05:22 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,006,629 times
Quote:
There is a huge contradiction in their teachings but they were BOTH correct.........Jesus came by promise to the whole house of ISRAEL......HE taught under the LAW to JEWS only........temple worship and the dietary laws separated the Jews from the rest of the world. The four gospels were for JEWS not Gentiles, and in fact the Jews hated the Gentiles with a passion. Jews would not walk through a Gentile city, and if they did they were unclean and had to offer a temple sacrifice.

Paul was an anomaly a JEW and a GENTILE........his father was a Roman citizen his mother a Jew. Paul was a Pharisee and was passionately so.....HE thought Jesus and His followers were imposters but on the road to Damascus he found out differently. HE WAS PERSONALLY SENT TO THE GENTILES WITH A DIFFERENT MESSAGE OF GRACE by the RISEN JESUS.........it was the Lords message he was commanded to give but humanity has punished him for it ever since. Grace has always existed but Jesus gave Paul the codified version that HE wanted. For centuries now the clergy has just thrown all the New Testament into a blender and resulted in the mass confusion we see today.

The four gospels are all JEWISH under the law and should be considered as just an extension of the Old Testament under the law to the Jews. Jesus was born under the law and taught under the law but our present day preachers either can't figure it out or choose to ignore it.

Paul 's writings are too the GENTILES under GRACE.......inspired by Jesus and given to Paul. Totally different dispensation and economy. The messages are totally different.

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.

JESUS HAD PAUL write this under inspiration from the Spirit, but Jesus would have never said it during the earthly ministry because it wasn't true THEN. It's true TODAY..........you will never understand the book until you figure out these differences.

Act 9:15 But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel.
Act 9:16 For I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name."

There you have it sir, you say they contradict, I say they don't. Think about it however, if the Bible contradicts itself, what hope do you have.

Old 12-03-2020, 05:25 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,006,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Jesus taught a different way to salvation than Paul.

“No one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and spirit.”

Paul never said that even though Jesus gave His followers the words given to Him. So Paul you see never could have been a follower of Jesus.

The Bible states those born of spirit will depart the earth sir. The vast majority of humans who receive everlasting life remain here on earth. Only 144, 000 are chosen to reside in heaven.

Old 12-03-2020, 05:05 PM

3,061 posts, read 914,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
So, Enoch saw G-d face to face?...
Nope! But he did see face to face, the Most High to have developed within the creation, which is the only eternal God made manifest, the Logos, through whom, by whom, and for whom all things were created.

The eternal energy, that has neither beginning or end, which has evolved to become this boundless cosmos.

Although it depends on which of the many gods you are referring too, Psalms 82: 1; "God presides in the heavenly council;
in the assembly of the gods he gives his decision:"

Which of the many gods, Apart from the Logos, who is all that exists and is in all that exists, do you follow Richard?

Old 12-03-2020, 05:40 PM

Quote:
There is a huge contradiction in their teachings but they were BOTH correct.........Jesus came by promise to the whole house of ISRAEL......HE taught under the LAW to JEWS only........temple worship and the dietary laws separated the Jews from the rest of the world. The four gospels were for JEWS not Gentiles, and in fact the Jews hated the Gentiles with a passion. Jews would not walk through a Gentile city, and if they did they were unclean and had to offer a temple sacrifice.

Paul was an anomaly a JEW and a GENTILE........his father was a Roman citizen his mother a Jew. Paul was a Pharisee and was passionately so.....HE thought Jesus and His followers were imposters but on the road to Damascus he found out differently. HE WAS PERSONALLY SENT TO THE GENTILES WITH A DIFFERENT MESSAGE OF GRACE by the RISEN JESUS.........it was the Lords message he was commanded to give but humanity has punished him for it ever since. Grace has always existed but Jesus gave Paul the codified version that HE wanted. For centuries now the clergy has just thrown all the New Testament into a blender and resulted in the mass confusion we see today.

The four gospels are all JEWISH under the law and should be considered as just an extension of the Old Testament under the law to the Jews. Jesus was born under the law and taught under the law but our present day preachers either can't figure it out or choose to ignore it.

Paul 's writings are too the GENTILES under GRACE.......inspired by Jesus and given to Paul. Totally different dispensation and economy. The messages are totally different.

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.

JESUS HAD PAUL write this under inspiration from the Spirit, but Jesus would have never said it during the earthly ministry because it wasn't true THEN. It's true TODAY..........you will never understand the book until you figure out these differences.

Act 9:15 But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel.
Act 9:16 For I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name."
Vf6cruiser wrote...... his father was a Roman citizen his mother a Jew. Which is back to front, as His father was a Jew, a member of the tribe of Benjamin, and yet he and Pauls mother were Roman citizens.

Last edited by The Anointed; 12-03-2020 at 06:29 PM..

Old 12-03-2020, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Who wrote Acts?...
The Acts of the Apostles is said to be a continuation of the Gospel according to Luke, the companion of Paul.

Last edited by The Anointed; 12-03-2020 at 06:50 PM..

Old 12-03-2020, 06:54 PM

3,220 posts, read 925,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
The Bible states those born of spirit will depart the earth sir. The vast majority of humans who receive everlasting life remain here on earth. Only 144, 000 are chosen to reside in heaven.
You must be confused about eternal life and being born of water and spirit.

Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and it will be given to you.

Old 12-03-2020, 06:58 PM

3,220 posts, read 925,152 times
Those who keep the word of the Lord and His commandments follow the son of man into the light.

Those who rely on the cross follow Paul into darkness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity