Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 03:14 PM

332 posts, read 220,935 times

Advertisements

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

You must deny yourself and let Christ work through you. Get out of the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2021, 03:30 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,329,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithfullizhe View Post
Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Best advise I've seen on this forum!

We must humble ourselves and deny our abilities to do and let Him work through us having His will.

Paul calls it walking in the Spirit.

Old 01-12-2021, 03:35 PM

63,907 posts, read 40,187,366 times
Quote:
It is more about letting His agape love flow through you and let it guide and drive your behavior and attitudes. As long s you are acting out of agape love, you cannot do anything wrong.

Old 01-12-2021, 04:31 PM

11,903 posts, read 3,726,315 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Best advise I've seen on this forum!

We must humble ourselves and deny our abilities to do and let Him work through us having His will.

Paul calls it walking in the Spirit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is more about letting His agape love flow through you and let it guide and drive your behavior and attitudes. As long s you are acting out of agape love, you cannot do anything wrong.
Yep, and to a certain extent we need to get out of each other’s way too

Not just keep harping on or pushing our own point or perspective

Old 01-12-2021, 05:08 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,940,039 times
Jesus can't say "well done thou good and faithful servant", if what you lived you life doing, is your own thing, or what was right in your own eyes, no matter how noble it may have seemed.
Jesus said, Not every one that says to me Lord, Lord shall enter the kingdom of heaven but he that does the will of my Father. Matthew 7;21,22,23,
Jesus provided the Holy Spirit to teach His own, the will of the Father.
This is what is unique bout this relationship because God enjoys the opportunity to guide and intervene on our behalf being both a blessing to Him in obedience, and a blessing to others. Through this, miracles occur.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto thine own understanding, and in all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will direct thy path. (David)

Old 01-12-2021, 05:17 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,329,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Jesus can't say "well done thou good and faithful servant", if what you lived you life doing, is your own thing, or what was right in your own eyes, no matter how noble it may have seemed.
Jesus said, Not every one that says to me Lord, Lord shall enter the kingdom of heaven but he that does the will of my Father. Matthew 7;21,22,23,
Jesus provided the Holy Spirit to teach His own, the will of the Father.
This is what is unique bout this relationship because God enjoys the opportunity to guide and intervene on our behalf being both a blessing to Him in obedience, and a blessing to others. Through this, miracles occur.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto thine own understanding, and in all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will direct thy path. (David)
I'm Charlie24 and I approve this message.

Old 01-12-2021, 05:22 PM

11,903 posts, read 3,726,315 times
Gal 5:22**And the fruit of the Spirit is: love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23**meekness, [and] self-control. Against such there is no law;
Gal 5:24**and those who are of Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with the affections and the desires;
Gal 5:25**if we may live in the Spirit, we may also walk in the Spirit;
Gal 5:26**let us not become vainglorious—provoking one another, envying one another!

Old 01-12-2021, 06:36 PM

3,220 posts, read 928,674 times
Quote:

Something like that!

Jeremiah 31:33

But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Old 01-14-2021, 10:47 PM

Location: Check out > Mission Printing.US (Click on Publications for bible answers)
304 posts, read 83,387 times
How does the Lord work through certain individuals.

How does the Lord guide men?

It is done with instructive "words" according to (Acts 11:14).

Act 11:14* Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.*

The spirit does not lead men in any other way today.

Paul was instructed by the Lord "do certain things" in (Acts 9).

Notice how the Lord instructed Paul with "words".

Act 9:6*... Lord, what wilt thou have me to "do"?

And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou "must do".*

Act 9:11* And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight,

and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus:...*

Paul is about to learn how to be forgiven of his sins. (Acts 22:16)

1.*arise,

2. and be baptized,

3. and wash away thy sins,

4. calling on the name of the Lord.*

Did Paul come to baptism thinking his sins had already been forgiven?

OR

Did Paul come to baptism thinking he needed to have his sins forgiven?

Thanks

Old 01-15-2021, 06:45 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,011,085 times
Quote:

It has been said, we are our own worst enemy Faith. There is a great deal of truth in that for sure. But only we as individuals can truly do anything about it, all have the invitation to walk with God, but so very few accept. Any idea why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity