Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2021, 09:56 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,342,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
You holier than thou go about to teach the people and are in need of being taught.

You teach a salvation that comes from the Law and no longer in force.

A one way ticket to hell is what it is hiway.
News Flash: You ain't any better, for you are in need that one teach you again. As it doesn't appear that you have learned much in 25 years, other than parroting or repeating what someone else has said (written or spoken) without entirely understanding it. An example is that of your version of HELL, which does not exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2021, 04:07 PM

23,124 posts, read 10,422,897 times
Quote:
You're not being persecuted hiway, one must have the truth for that to happen.

Several here have been trying to show you the error of your ways.

Both from the biblical and moral standards.

So don't go run and tell your JW friends, I'm being persecuted online, you're not!

You holier that thou go about to teach the people and are in need of being taught.

He ain't going no place you and I ain't going.

The outer court of Gentiles is the least of 3 kingdoms, and the least IS HELL.

Me, you, Highway, the Atheist, Muslim, we are all standing in the same place. We are taught that the 3 sections of the temple are there to show us the 3 kingdoms.

You have obviously set your goal to make it to the least in the kingdom, HEY, just like me.

Brother

Old 02-04-2021, 07:45 PM

15,840 posts, read 6,306,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
It is true that I am disfellowshipped for that. Jesus also was, but the facts is that neither I nor Jesus allowed men to keep us from serving Jehovah. You are in fact an apostate, I am a very dedicated servant of Jehovah. If you see me not observing my faith, please correct me, but with my conduct, not others comments.
I'm not even Dfed. I left in 1987 at age 19 and didn't even understand what I was exposed to until 2014 and the denial broke when my mom shunned me. For 27 years I worked around her beliefs and let her talk to me like I had done something wrong by getting myself free.

I know I hit a trigger point when I pointed out to you that the Watchtower removed The Holy Spirit from the baptism dedication. I know because you doubled down on that. I also know that the Watchtower having been a Non-Governmental Organization member of the UN from 1992 until 2001 (when the story in The Guardian outed them) was a deal-breaker because you dismissed that one of out hand. They claimed it was so they could access the library. The lightening up on their rhetoric toward the UN as well. Newer converts don't understand what a big deal that is.

As far as the Watchtower's problems with child abuse you can watch The Australian Royal Commissions' review of their practices. The Watchtower is case 29. Although I'm not sure you'd understand the problem. You stated that a baptized 10-year old who has sexual activity with a 30-year-old would be guilty of fornication. The only difference between a baptized 10-year-old and an unbaptized one is how accountable they are for sin. Children as young as 7 and 8 are being baptized.

I was baptized in 1981 at the age of 13. Before 1985 we were baptized with The Holy Spirit. Even by baptism at such a young age can't tie me to the Watchtower as they have done to people for the past 35 years. I'm not a believer but if I were the last place I'd want to be is a Kingdom Hall.

Any of the facts I stated are easily verifiable. It's up to you if you want to know them or if you don't.

Old 02-04-2021, 07:48 PM

15,840 posts, read 6,306,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
News Flash: You ain't any better, for you are in need that one teach you again. As it doesn't appear that you have learned much in 25 years, other than parroting or repeating what someone else has said (written or spoken) without entirely understanding it. An example is that of your version of HELL, which does not exist.
That's the trouble with Neos: there are just so dang many of them.

Old 02-04-2021, 09:11 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,165,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
That's the trouble with Neos: there are just so dang many of them.
And they can't think outside their programming.

Old 02-05-2021, 05:53 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,005,137 times
Quote:
Hogwash! Any persecution comes from your own ideologies, behaviour and/or repressed emotions which cause conflict with others. Perhaps, you should try dancing, jumping, or running, it may help your disposition. And enjoy an extra chocolate cupcake while celebrating a child's birth? Life is precious, so don't forget to have some fun along the way.

Why do you think Jehovah's witnesses have no fun? I have lived your world as well as Jehovah's, believe me I am much happier serving Jehovah. All of us think it is the best life possible, just ask any of us.

Old 02-05-2021, 05:54 AM

Quote:
No such animal, other than that which resides in the human nature.

If that is true, then there likely is no God, and you might as well do as ye please, for tomorrow we die.

Old 02-05-2021, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Interesting objective. But will you do that through genealogy or Scripture?? If the latter, what will you do about Scripture that declares 'we are sons/daughters of God through faith in Christ Jesus' ? ... a few:

John 3:6: "...no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit."

Hosea 1:10: "Yet the number of the sons of Israel Will be like the sand of the sea, Which cannot be measured or numbered; And in the place Where it is said to them, “You are not My people,” It will be said to them, “You are the sons of the living God.”

Luke 20:34-36: "Jesus said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage, but those who are considered worthy to attain to that age and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; for they cannot even die anymore, because they are like angels, and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection."

John 1:12-13: "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God."

You are a bit ahead, have you any disagreements so far?

Old 02-05-2021, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Palestine is the name the British came up with and now some people claim to live in a strip of land they like to call Palestine but it is still Israel. The league of nation gave Israel back to the Jews and since that time, the Jews have traded 90 percent of that land for peace. The Malfour declaration gave Israel the land God gave Israel, and that is pretty much all the land between the Nile and the Euphrates. To say God gave Palestine to Israel would be offensive to the people God gave Israel to.

Here is the description Biblically sir: (Genesis 15:18-21) . . .On that day Jehovah made with Aʹbram a covenant, saying: “To your offspring I will give this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the river Eu·phraʹtes: 19 the land of the Kenʹites, the Kenʹiz·zites, the Kadʹmon·ites, 20 the Hitʹtites, the Perʹiz·zites, the Rephʹa·im, 21 the Amʹor·ites, the Caʹnaan·ites, the Girʹga·****es, and the Jebʹu·sites.”

Old 02-05-2021, 06:03 AM

Quote:
You're not being persecuted hiway, one must have the truth for that to happen.

Several here have been trying to show you the error of your ways.

Both from the biblical and moral standards.

So don't go run and tell your JW friends, I'm being persecuted online, you're not!

You holier that thou go about to teach the people and are in need of being taught.

Everyone who dies goes there Charlie. It is likely I will, but if I am alive when Jesus returns, it is very likely I will be preserved and may never have to die. Rev 7:14
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity