Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2021, 10:20 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times

Advertisements

and given the ability to interact with and influence our world?

If God was so wrathful at Satans rebellion, could he not have cast them 'somewhere else', (like a distant planet, or dimension, where there is NO LIVING SOUL?)

It seems odd to me, that the supposed reason for Satans rebellion was because Satan did not agree with humans being more important than angels...why then, would God cast them to earth, AMONG US? LOL

**If Gods reason for doing this was to 'test' mankind, or for us to have true free will...that would mean, Satan did not rebel at all, and it was Gods plan that he did this. ( this has some very serious implications)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2021, 10:23 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
It's a story.

Satan does not exist.

You may now come out from under your blankies.

Old 02-04-2021, 10:27 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
It's a story.

Satan does not exist.

You may now come out from under your blankies.
Its a 'story' that Christianity as a whole is based on though!

Old 02-04-2021, 10:44 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,321,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
and given the ability to interact with and influence our world?

If God was so wrathful at Satans rebellion, could he not have cast them 'somewhere else', (like a distant planet, or dimension, where there is NO LIVING SOUL?)

It seems odd to me, that the supposed reason for Satans rebellion was because Satan did not agree with humans being more important than angels...why then, would God cast them to earth, AMONG US? LOL

**If Gods reason for doing this was to 'test' mankind, or for us to have true free will...that would mean, Satan did not rebel at all, and it was Gods plan that he did this. ( this has some very serious implications)
You have to understand that Satan has earned the right to do what he does.

God made rules in the beginning that He abides by and holds Satan to.

I created a thread on those rules.

When Satan enticed Adam and Eve to sin against God, he legally became the possessor of man's soul.

He is the possessor of man's soul today until they are set free by Christ.

Old 02-04-2021, 10:57 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post

When Satan enticed Adam and Eve to sin against God, he legally became the possessor of man's soul.

He is the possessor of man's soul today until they are set free by Christ.
I'd love to see your proof texts for that.

Old 02-04-2021, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I'd love to see your proof texts for that.
The proof is Satan holding the redeemed captive in Paradise until Christ defeated Satan by His death and resurrection.

Christ defeated sin and death, thereby defeating Satan, allowing man to be delivered from the power of Satan and go to heaven to be with God.

He took from Satan the keys that held man captive, even though he was saved, and set him free from bondage!

Old 02-04-2021, 11:07 AM

Quote:
The proof is Satan holding the redeemed captive in Paradise until Christ defeated Satan by His death and resurrection.
What verse shows that?
Quote:
Christ defeated sin and death, thereby defeating Satan, allowing man to be delivered from the power of Satan and go to heaven to be with God.

He took from Satan the keys that held man captive, even though he was saved, and set him free from bondage!
Again...what verse actually says that? I don't mean to give you a hard time, but it's just not something I've ever seen in Scripture.

Old 02-04-2021, 11:34 AM

Quote:
What verse shows that?

Again...what verse actually says that? I don't mean to give you a hard time, but it's just not something I've ever seen in Scripture.
Let's take the first one first.

I'm sure you remember the rich man and Lazarus in Luke 16. When the rich man died and lifted his eyes in hell, he was tormented by the flames. He looked over and saw Lazarus in Abraham's bosom, but there was a great gulf that divided the rich man from Lazarus.

The rich man was in the burning side of hell, Lazarus was in Paradise, and there was a great gulf that separated them.

Jesus told the thief on the cross, today you will be with me in Paradise. The thief believed in Christ and was saved on the cross, he didn't go to heaven when he died, he went to Paradise where all the saved were held captive by Satan.

Eph.4:7-10

But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

(Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

While Christ's body was in the tomb His spirit went down to Paradise and set the captives free from Satan.

Rev. 1:18

I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Christ took those keys from Satan that day, praise God, He has defeated Satan and set man free, that is, those who take Christ at His Word.

Old 02-04-2021, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Let's take the first one first.

I'm sure you remember the rich man and Lazarus in Luke 16. When the rich man died and lifted his eyes in hell, he was tormented by the flames. He looked over and saw Lazarus in Abraham's bosom, but there was a great gulf that divided the rich man from Lazarus.

The rich man was in the burning side of hell, Lazarus was in Paradise, and there was a great gulf that separated them.

Jesus told the thief on the cross, today you will be with me in Paradise. The thief believed in Christ and was saved on the cross, he didn't go to heaven when he died, he went to Paradise where all the saved were held captive by Satan.

Eph.4:7-10

But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

(Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

While Christ's body was in the tomb His spirit went down to Paradise and set the captives free from Satan.

Rev. 1:18

I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Christ took those keys from Satan that day, praise God, He has defeated Satan and set man free, that is, those who take Christ at His Word.
I think that's reading into things a bit. None of those mention Satan as owning our souls.

Old 02-04-2021, 11:46 AM

Quote:
I think that's reading into things a bit. None of those mention Satan as owning our souls.
It's self evident that Satan owned the souls of all those in Paradise he held captive.

It took a sinless Christ dying on the cross to defeat sin and Him rising from the dead to defeat death, in order to take legal control of what Satan owned.

There is now no need for Paradise that Christ has accomplished His mission.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity