Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2021, 06:30 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,005,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
People cannot respond to what you put in another persons quote, it doesn't matter how much easier it is for you, it makes it next to impossible to extract what you stated in their post? And respond, to you directly? Please, put some common-sense into the equation! It's not all about you.

I think I understand it fully now sir, but send me a partial out of mine and I will see if I can respond to it

I will make a few statements here for you to split, please comment on your day here, and I will see if I can respond to just this part of your comment

Hope you are having a nice day Jerwade, we are about ready to come out of the cold stretch here hitting near 50 next week

Isn't life great sir, I thank Jehovah every day for the life He has given me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2021, 06:06 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
People cannot respond to what you put in another persons quote, it doesn't matter how much easier it is for you, it makes it next to impossible to extract what you stated in their post? And respond, to you directly? Please, put some common-sense into the equation! It's not all about you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
I think I understand it fully now sir, but send me a partial out of mine and I will see if I can respond to it
No, you don't ...it's not about marking it 1, 2, 3 ...

Quote:
I will make a few statements here for you to split, please comment on your day here, and I will see if I can respond to just this part of your comment
No need to put so many spaces...deleted some of them...

Quote:
Hope you are having a nice day Jerwade, we are about ready to come out of the cold stretch here hitting near 50 next week
It's always a good day, if you think about it...

Quote:
Isn't life great sir, I thank Jehovah every day for the life He has given me.
And I would thank my parents, but they are no longer above ground.

Old 02-23-2021, 06:59 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,958,189 times
Quote:
...................And I would thank my parents, but they are no longer above ground.
.....and if we think about it, according to Scripture your parents trace back to father Adam and mother Eve.
Just think, because God sent Jesus to Earth to be a ransom for us - Matthew 20:28 - you can thankfully welcome your sleeping-in-death parents back on ' Above Ground Day ' aka Resurrection Day meaning Jesus' Millennium-Long Day of governing over Earth.
In the meantime, your parents are getting a probably much needed nap - Revelation 1:18

Old 02-24-2021, 03:12 AM

6,792 posts, read 2,900,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade
...And I would thank my parents, but they are no longer above ground.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
.....and if we think about it, according to Scripture your parents trace back to father Adam and mother Eve.

Just think, because God sent Jesus to Earth to be a ransom for us - Matthew 20:28 - you can thankfully welcome your sleeping-in-death parents back on ' Above Ground Day ' aka Resurrection Day meaning Jesus' Millennium-Long Day of governing over Earth.
Whatever one's personal belief is in 'the state of the dead' ^^^ sounds so right!

Quote:
In the meantime, your parents are getting a probably much needed nap - Revelation 1:18
And ^^^ sounds so comforting for those who have lost loved ones. It ALSO sounds so right!

Old 02-28-2021, 04:14 PM

176 posts, read 95,688 times
The Holy Spirit works with all, not just those of us that heard of Jesus.

All will be judged in simple manner, according to if we/they did what was right, or wrong in every moment.

Something in the bible comes to mind. I need to look it up again as i haven't read it in a long time. Something about knowing or not knowing and being lost with or without it.

Jesus is Spirit with us and it's Him silently knocking on our hearts' doors. As He knocks, He isn't knocking to insist we realize it's Him and His name. He is knocking for us to invite His urgings of right and wrong inside our souls by us obeying what we know is right.

What if a soul obeys their conscience very well but at that time their intellect is not aware that it is JESUS that they were obeying in those many moments? They did indeed obey Him.

They're safe is so.

Old 02-28-2021, 05:21 PM

Quote:
I would thank my parents, but they are no longer above ground.
Quote:
I don't believe in Adam or Eve the way you do, nor much of the rest of your particular beliefs.

Old 02-28-2021, 05:25 PM

23,139 posts, read 10,434,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
This question is for those who are not Universalists, but who believe as I do that the Bible teaches that there are those who will be forever separated from God. Are those who die without ever having heard of Jesus condemned to an existence apart from the presence of God forever?

Until recently I believed the answer was 'yes.' And I based that belief on God's foreknowledge of future events, human volition, and that God steers human history toward positive volition. In other words, God knew that some person, or some community - think of a tribe in deepest, darkest 17th century Africa or the middle of the Amazon rain forest in whatever century, etc. - would when he came to wonder if perhaps some higher power, some divine being, some god, might exist express an interest in knowing about this god. God would then direct human history in such a way as to get a missionary into the area to give the Gospel of Jesus so that they could hear it and either accept it or reject it. I still think that view is plausible, but I am now open to another possibility.

I'm not dogmatic about this but having reflected on it, I now think it is very possible that those who have died without ever hearing of Jesus may be given an opportunity after they die to hear the Gospel so that they can decide. Nothing in the Bible disallows that possibility.

Now, Hebrews 9:27 says - ''And just as it is destined for people to die once, and after this comes judgment,''

But judgment can go two ways - guilty or not guilty, for or against. In the case of those who have died without ever having an opportunity to hear the Gospel concerning Jesus, who is to say that they can't be given a chance to hear the Gospel after they leave this life and accept it. Judgment would be favorable toward those who do accept it.

I can't be dogmatic about either of the two views I mentioned but am open to both. Either view in my opinion upholds the justice and integrity of God.

So, for discussion, for those who, as I do, believe that the Bible does teach that there are those who will have an existence in which they are forever separated from God, do you agree or disagree that it is possible that those who die never having heard of Jesus will be given a chance to hear the Gospel after they die?
You dont believe the bible, you try and act as if you are different than universalists, but once you reject God's ways and his worship system, you have converted to whatever religion your hands practice and your hands teach of a Babylonian messiah.

It's ok for you but not for Universalists?

How convenient.

Old 03-03-2021, 09:44 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,958,189 times
Quote:
I don't believe in Adam or Eve the way you do, nor much of the rest of your particular beliefs.
Many think as you do, but I am merely posting as to what I believe the Bible really teaches.
...and what we can learn from the Bible.

Perhaps it would be good to think about those of us alive who have heard of Jesus.
Those of us who will be alive on Earth at Jesus' coming 'glory time' as found at Matthew 25:31-33.

Old 03-04-2021, 11:53 AM

23,139 posts, read 10,434,069 times
Quote:
Many think as you do, but I am merely posting as to what I believe the Bible really teaches.

Perhaps it would be good to think about those of us alive who have heard of Jesus.
Those of us who will be alive on Earth at Jesus' coming 'glory time' as found at Matthew 25:31-33.
You are quoting parables that are built in the knowledge of idioms concerning the feasts, the law, and the history of the two kingdoms of Israel except that you dont know the history of the two kingdoms, and you wont study the feasts to learn parables.

You cant take anything in a parable to show the truth because you dont know the language, and there is no guessing with parables. If you dont know what every single word means, you will never guess right, and until you learn the language of feasts, there is no chance pf understanding.

Unless of course, unless you can explain a whole parable.

Mathew 25

1Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. 2And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: 4But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 5While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. 6And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. 7Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. 8And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. 9But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. 10And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. 11Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. 12But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. 13Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

" Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened to""

What has just happened that Matthew 25 begins, " Then."
What is the date?

Those wise virgins, you know what they did?

They went and somehow found themselves an extra vessel, and then they went out and found oil to buy so as to fill that extra vessel.

So tell us, what is the vessel, or AT LEAST, WHAT IS THE OIL?

THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTIONS ANYONE WILL EVER ASK YOU.

I know that you cant answer my questions because I know you dont know the language.

My point is, why are you quoting things you dont understand, and if you think you understand, then tell everyone that the most important thing they could do is to find an extra vessel and to purchase oil to fill that vessel.

There is nothing more important to do, to know.

What is a vessel, what is the oil, and tell me where I can
FIND both that I not end up with the foolish.

What is oil?

Old 03-04-2021, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I am not overly concerned about what you believe it teaches, nor what you have been taught to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity