Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2022, 02:57 AM

344 posts, read 144,563 times

Advertisements

It is just beginning , can you feel it?

The Book of Luke-read it

Luke 12:49* I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?*

Luke 21:25-upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity

Division is here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2022, 04:08 AM

923 posts, read 238,879 times
I believe Revelation 20 provides a view dating from Christ's birth leading up to the time of His return. I think Satan, having been bound by the gospel from deceiving the nations (the expanse of Christianity) for most of these years is now loosed, and out deceiving the nations again. And as Gog and Magog are now raging Armegeddon's war against the church. This signals that Christ's return is now at hand. Unless you realize that Revelation is a book of symbols, not taken literally, you will never understand it. Most people wait for the symbol to appear instead of watching what the symbol represents developing in front of our eyes.

Old 08-11-2022, 06:13 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,267,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1689dave View Post
I believe Revelation 20 provides a view dating from Christ's birth leading up to the time of His return. I think Satan, having been bound by the gospel from deceiving the nations (the expanse of Christianity) for most of these years is now loosed, and out deceiving the nations again. And as Gog and Magog are now raging Armegeddon's war against the church. This signals that Christ's return is now at hand. Unless you realize that Revelation is a book of symbols, not taken literally, you will never understand it. Most people wait for the symbol to appear instead of watching what the symbol represents developing in front of our eyes.
Excellent post Dave!

Old 08-11-2022, 02:17 PM

11,077 posts, read 7,146,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaEnd View Post
It is just beginning , can you feel it?

The Book of Luke-read it

Luke 12:49* I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?*

Luke 21:25-upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity

Division is here.
Nothing new, man. Look for the continuity of man's foolishness throughout time, and then rise above it. Quit wasting your time with your nose in scripture, guessing and counterguessing. Make a difference with everyday's breath of air and heart beating, before you become worm food.

Old 08-11-2022, 02:39 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,692,177 times
Thoreau I don’t think it is a waste of time

Every Christian has a different responsibility in different areas by design

It’s not up to us to be judging each other and telling each other what to do or believe

This is a discussion forum and just because people are interested and aware of meaning in Scripture and are comparing with each other with what they see in the ‘world’, that does not mean that they also personally do not contribute to others personal needs as parents, friends, neighbours, etc as well

Old 08-11-2022, 02:47 PM

11,077 posts, read 7,146,060 times
It's less about judging, and more about pointing out things that are usually ignored or not even considered. I've certainly lived the gamut of non-belief, hardcore belief, heavy church influence, to no church-influence, to easily spot ruts that people can get into. Much of modern Christianity is locked up in just a few priorities, which mostly miss what Jesus worked hard to convey. Yeah, it's a discussion forum, and if we're not careful, we'll just be parroting the same old stagnant thoughts and actions that don't get us anywhere.

Old 08-11-2022, 03:43 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,692,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
It's less about judging, and more about pointing out things that are usually ignored or not even considered. I've certainly lived the gamut of non-belief, hardcore belief, heavy church influence, to no church-influence, to easily spot ruts that people can get into. Much of modern Christianity is locked up in just a few priorities, which mostly miss what Jesus worked hard to convey. Yeah, it's a discussion forum, and if we're not careful, we'll just be parroting the same old stagnant thoughts and actions that don't get us anywhere.
I do know what you mean, and it is frustrating seeing/witnessing the ‘parroting’ and the ‘confusion’ that happens here, but how I see/perceive/understand that is they are only offering their bit/piece/word/work which others are to compare and judge how it relates

There is a lot happening across the threads on this forum, but it happens slowly as people are able to accept a different opinion, a different view, a different perspective

The Scriptures are documents that are to be discussed, but there is also other ‘works’ that went into them and also that were developed from them - and individuals are brought up on those things, and that is their ‘inheritance’ ‘part’

Rev 20:12**And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Mat 12:36**But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
Mat 12:37**For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Gal 3:22**But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Everyone only sees a ‘part’ by design and will ‘parrot’ that until their piece is recognised

The Roman Catholic, the JW, the baptist, the Methodist, the Pentecostal, the universalist, as well as the Muslim, the Jew, the Buddhist, etc - all ‘religious’ types have a different upbringing with a different perspective by design

But that design is to be reformed in the new ‘heaven’ and ‘earth’ which is above/beyond/greater than the individual/personal level

A problem that has always been is the confusion between the individual level and the allegiance to the systems/traditions tending to get out of balance and the need for reformation

Last edited by Meerkat2; 08-11-2022 at 03:57 PM..

Old 08-11-2022, 04:48 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,012,828 times
You see that there are two parties of government split down the middle divided as people could ever be as the devil is in both side of the table and there is nothing people can do, Where through Jesus said No to divisions, and Jesus people are refined of who is in fear and who in complacent and hides problems and who leans on the Lord ............ Who resist and fights the beast in the spirit and who will not fight the devil and His ideas ....... The world does show that the time of antichrist who will rule in the world will come when the leaders are weak and probably in apostasy So Jesus will come with little faith

Old 08-12-2022, 12:52 AM

720 posts, read 705,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
Excellent post Dave!
I respectfully could not disagree more. So much of your statement is not scriptural and the context is a mixture of traditional thought that has no bases of truth. More reading and studying seems to be in order. I commend you for at least trying and I mean no disrespect.

Old 08-12-2022, 05:33 AM

923 posts, read 238,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistoftime View Post
I respectfully could not disagree more. So much of your statement is not scriptural and the context is a mixture of traditional thought that has no bases of truth. More reading and studying seems to be in order. I commend you for at least trying and I mean no disrespect.
What are some of your favorite books on the matter? What do you recommend?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity