Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2021, 03:20 PM

33,220 posts, read 26,412,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The only judgment will be our own based on reaping what we have sown, period. That is not remotely Christian of you, Michael.
I don't care about your opinions or your periods. I'll take what the Bible says over you 24/7.

You'd be surprised how unchristian I can be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2021, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Hey mike, what do you make of John saying now is the time for judgement

Joh 12:30**Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes.
Joh 12:31**Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
Joh 12:32**And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
Joh 12:33**This he said, signifying what death he should die.

Different times, different judgements?
That was Jesus who said that, not John. Jesus didn't go to the cross only to judge our sins in his own body but to also begin to take back the world from Satan and the other fallen angels. The cross broke the back of Satan so to speak. While Satan still has influence in the world he is on borrowed time.

About a week before going to the cross Jesus took his disciples to Caesarea Philippi at the base of Mount Hermon. The area was a place of great spiritual significance where all manner of gods were worshiped. There, Jesus declared war on the spiritual dark forces and declared that he would build his church and the gates of Hades would not prevail against it.

The gates of Hades was the name of a cave at the bottom of a great rock wall which was believed to be an entrance to the underworld. Children were sacrificed there.

Anyway, shortly after declaring war on the dark spiritual forces Jesus went to the cross and completed his mission. Afterwards, perhaps after his resurrection, he went to Tartarus and declared victory over those fallen angels who were imprisoned there.

Old 02-16-2021, 03:54 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
I don't care about your opinions or your periods. I'll take what the Bible says over you 24/7.
You'd be surprised how unchristian I can be.
And you think Jesus approves???? Talk about missing the whole point of the Gospel of love and reconciliation!

Old 02-16-2021, 04:05 PM

Quote:
And you think Jesus approves???? Talk about missing the whole point of the Gospel of love and reconciliation!
Don't preach to me. Mind your own business.

Old 02-16-2021, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Don't preach to me. Mind your own business.
As the victim and perpetrator of rudeness and nastiness in the forum, I am trying to mitigate it, NOT preach. There is o need to be rude to those we disagree with. That would seem to apply particularly so to avowed Christians. If the defense of your beliefs about Christ requires rudeness, there is something wrong with your understanding of Christ, IMO.

Old 02-16-2021, 04:31 PM

Quote:
As the victim and perpetrator of rudeness and nastiness in the forum, I am trying to mitigate it, NOT preach. There is o need to be rude to those we disagree with. That would seem to apply particularly so to avowed Christians. If the defense of your beliefs about Christ requires rudeness, there is something wrong with your understanding of Christ, IMO.
You just do it behind people's backs in a third person sort of way with your 'they' comments. But you sure were rude over on the religion forum a few posts back when you implied that Transponder was a ''inveterate pathological liar or just a liar for atheism.''

Post 292 https://www.city-data.com/forum/reli...eliefs-30.html

And you just now falsely accused me of believing that rudeness was required to defend my beliefs. So just mind your business.

Last edited by Michael Way; 02-16-2021 at 05:08 PM..

Old 02-16-2021, 04:59 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,174,594 times
Quote:
That phrase ''Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.'' is not in the earliest and better Greek manuscripts, and if you will look at the newer English translations, they don't include the phrase.

The different English translations of Luke 9:55-56 can be compared here.
https://biblehub.com/luke/9-55.htm
Then wasn't the time for judgment. That will come in the future.
imo, 'spirit' fits very nicely and consistent with v.56 and mercy message.

Old 02-16-2021, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD;60417750[B
]As the victim and perpetrator of rudeness and nastiness in the forum, I am trying to mitigate it[/b], NOT preach. There is o need to be rude to those we disagree with. That would seem to apply particularly so to avowed Christians. If the defense of your beliefs about Christ requires rudeness, there is something wrong with your understanding of Christ, IMO.
Quote:
You just do it behind people's backs in a third-person sort of way with your 'they' comments. But you sure were rude over on the religion forum a few posts back when you implied that Transponder was a ''inveterate pathological liar or just a liar for atheism.''

Post 292 https://www.city-data.com/forum/reli...eliefs-30.html

And you just now falsely accused me of believing that rudeness was required to defend my beliefs. So just mind your business.
I admitted to my participation in the rudeness, Micahel. I am trying to mend my ways and discourage it in others, especially those who claim to follow Christ as I do.

Old 02-16-2021, 09:44 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Quote:
I admitted to my participation in the rudeness, Micahel. I am trying to mend my ways and discourage it in others, especially those who claim to follow Christ as I do.
Actions speak louder than words mystic

Old 02-16-2021, 10:02 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Do you know what manner of spirit you are of?

Yes.

Air, water, fire, earth and assorted star-stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity