Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2021, 05:12 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
I am happy to see that you can see my kind can find favor with God.
We all can, my friend!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2021, 06:17 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,006,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Sheep & Goats (Dr. Wm. Barclay)

This is one of the most vivid parables Jesus ever spoke, and the lesson is crystal clear—that God will judge us in accordance with our reaction to human need. His judgment does not depend on the knowledge we have amassed, or the fame that we have acquired, or the fortune that we have gained, but on the help that we have given. And there are certain things which this parable teaches us about the help which we must give.

https://stjohnoneone.com/2017/06/12/...lliam-barclay/

Questions ?

1. Why not sheep and pigs (1 clean 1 unclean)?

2.Why are pure virgins in the narrative (5 wise 5 unwise)?

3. What are the foundations of "everlasting punishment"?

You:1. Why not sheep and pigs (1 clean 1 unclean)?
Me: They were the animals most familiar to God's people at the time Jesus gave the illustration.

You: 2.Why are pure virgins in the narrative (5 wise 5 unwise)?
Me: That illustration showed the importance of remaining alert to the signs, so they would not be lost

You: 3. What are the foundations of "everlasting punishment"?
Me: The foundation is sin, death resulted from sin, life will be regained through Jesus' sacrifice.
Perhaps you misunderstand what everlasting punishment means, it is eternal death Rev 21:8 This means the second (permanent) death.

Old 02-23-2021, 07:30 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,963,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
It was His plan for us to live forever? Wow! Can you even conceive of the population problem it would be for 108 billion people to be trying to all live on this earth?
But will there be 108 billion ( etc.) people on Earth_______________
When Adam and Eve (and their descendants) were to reproduce we read there is a cut-off point at Genesis 1:28.
People were only to reproduce until Earth was ' full ' meaning populated, Not over-populated, Not over full.
In other words, reproduction on Earth would cease when Earth was full or populated.

So, yes, God's purpose is for humans to live forever on Earth, a beautiful paradisical Earth as Eden was a sample.

Old 02-23-2021, 07:37 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,963,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Have you read in scripture where in the end and all those who will be resurrected from the beginning of time will be on earth. God makes room by removing the seas on earth.
I read that all the righteous blood traces back to Abel according to Jesus at Matthew 23:35.
So, there will be a physical resurrection tracing back to righteous Abel.
It's the ' trouble-tossed sea of wicked humanity' that will be gone - Isaiah 57:20
As far as the literal seas, please notice that Jesus will have subjects (citizens) from sea to sea - Psalm 72:8
For God will make wars to cease world wide as per Psalm 46:9

Old 02-24-2021, 05:45 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
It was His plan for us to live forever? Wow! Can you even conceive of the population problem it would be for 108 billion people to be trying to all live on this earth?
As I said before, you are way too sensible for this forum, Katz.

Old 02-24-2021, 05:47 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,696,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
As I said before, you are way too sensible for this forum, Katz.
I believe in reincarnation ......... and resurrection

So the actual numbers get reduced considerably in that scenario

I get lost with the higher math, so I’ll leave that to others to calculate though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity