Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2021, 01:30 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,018,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The brainwashing is that of Eternal Punishment:

1 Timothy 2:4
... who desires ALL people to be saved and come to full knowledge of [the] truth.

It's an active, ongoing result of a previous action.

And in the ongoing result of that action; desires (wants, wills) ALL MEN to be saved and come to the knowledge of truth. The action is indicative. Nowhere is it subjunctive, or that of being contingent or probable, nor imperative on the subject’s response. Neither is it Optative, as in being unlikely or wishful thinking that mankind might come to this salvation and knowledge.

But I am sure you will not comprehend the gravity of what is stated, other than your underworld of damnation.

(You can reply in the other thread)
There are silly rascals who imagine our God as being a potential Saviour. He would like to save us, but alas He needs our co-operation.

Under new business: Peterson, at Hammond Point Beach, reports a person is flailing about and calling for help. Peterson wants to know what action, if anything he should take?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2021, 01:30 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,791,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
The misunderstanding of the Atonement is reason for such junk as the UR, and several other organizations I could name.

But it's the actual fault of the Bible believing fundamentalists of the world, we know.
I understand perfectly what the atonement was. Slaughtering animals is still a barbaric practice, one that would be condemned if anybody else did it but God.

Old 02-20-2021, 01:34 PM

63,773 posts, read 40,030,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Sanctification is not some magical thing that is out of our control, Charlie. We have to "get in tune" with Jesus, aka, achieve some level of harmonic resonance, with Jesus' agape love. Only those parts of your Spirit that are resonant with Jesus and God will ever join with them, Charlie. Most of us will need some "refining" (or fine-tuning) to remove the dissonant or discordant dross if we haven't done so before our death.
Quote:
Yea, your sanctification is the same as Hiway's and several others here.
Just the opposite of what Paul has taught us.
They are not walking in the Spirit as Paul taught in scripture, giving Him control to reveal Jesus' good works in us by His leading not ours.
It is NOT the opposite of what Paul taught us, Charlie. It is the opposite of the misinterpretation you have been taught. To "walk in the Spirit" MEANS to walk and act with agape love which IS the Holy Spirit of God! The easy believers and churches made it about believing the right things about God and Jesus no matter what you do but that is nonsense. IF you do NOT have agape love in your heart now or at any time in the past, you are in "soil" trouble with the 30 fold, 60 fold, etc. (remember that verse?).

I have no fear for you, Charlie, because of that post that hurt my heart. I know you have agape love in your heart. Others here I am not so sure about.

Old 02-20-2021, 02:04 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,953,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Yet God himself required barbaric animal sacrifices in the OT. And don't bother with all the explanations of why that was so. I went to bible school and studied the bible for decades. I know the spiel. Just stating what a horrible practice it is and never understood why someone as supposedly highly evolved as God would find the need for that. All those poor dead animals. Slaughtered. Ugh.
The last time I was in grocery store I saw meat for sale $ .
Those animals were slaughtered and who that buys the meat says all those poor dead animals _______
Don't comprehend what you mean about barbaric because after the Flood God allowed the eating of meat ________
Please, any comments about Leviticus 7:16 _______________

Old 02-20-2021, 03:15 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,317,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I understand perfectly what the atonement was. Slaughtering animals is still a barbaric practice, one that would be condemned if anybody else did it but God.
This is God's world, it's his law that man broke that demands blood for sin.

Sin was covered with animal blood before Christ gave His blood that ended the animal sacrifice.

You helped put those animals to death, don't go blaming in on God.

You have no right whatsoever to blame God!

Old 02-20-2021, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
The last time I was in grocery store I saw meat for sale $ .
Those animals were slaughtered and who that buys the meat says all those poor dead animals _______
Don't comprehend what you mean about barbaric because after the Flood God allowed the eating of meat ________
Please, any comments about Leviticus 7:16 _______________
I have a problem with factory farming too. I rarely eat meat, and mostly eat plant based meat products, although I will buy free range chicken now and again. That being said, those animals aren't being sacrificed in order for some god being to be appeased. I don't care what Leviticus says. It's barbaric. It's no different than throwing virgins or children into the mouth of a volcano.

Old 02-20-2021, 03:23 PM

Quote:

Sin was covered with animal blood before Christ gave His blood that ended the animal sacrifice.

I told you I know the spiel so no need to preach to me. A God that demands blood sacrifice is a barbarian in my book. You can believe what you want. Doesn't work for me.

Old 02-20-2021, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Nothing in God's creation demands blood be shed to appease God. NOTHING! I don't blame God for that barbaric belief. I blame our ignorant primitive ancestors for it.

Old 02-20-2021, 03:56 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,317,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Nothing in God's creation demands blood be shed to appease God. NOTHING! I don't blame God for that barbaric belief. I blame our ignorant primitive ancestors for it.
Lev. 17:11

"For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul."

God is speaking here of Christ's blood for all of humanity. Until He came to be the sacrifice, the animal represented the blood of Christ in type. It was demanded by God this blood be spilt for mans sin.

It's the horror of sin and the price our Lord would pay for it in our place.

Old 02-20-2021, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Lev. 17:11
"For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul."
God is speaking here of Christ's blood for all of humanity. Until He came to be the sacrifice, the animal represented the blood of Christ in type. It was demanded by God this blood be spilt for mans sin.
It's the horror of sin and the price our Lord would pay for it in our place.
Complete primitive and barbaric ignorance from men hardly more than animals themselves, Charlie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity