Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2021, 03:56 PM

176 posts, read 95,787 times

Advertisements

It's Jesus.

Not churches, not others or outside myself, not ME....if you get what I mean.

It's Jesus, it's me knowing that "He is" and "I am not."

It's the slow death of my ego.

It's me admitting my own faults to myself.

It's the bible that I occasionally read, because of Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2021, 04:36 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCinderella View Post
It's Jesus. It's the bible that I occasionally read, because of Jesus.
I'm a little surprised to read ^ above ^ ' occasionally read ' because Jesus often prefaced his statements with the words, "It is written..." meaning Jesus was very familiar with the Scriptures, and Psalm 1:2 recommends reading Scripture daily.
The people of Acts 17:11 searched or researched the Scriptures daily.....
Peter (1st Pt. 2:2-3) recommends to us to be as a new born and desire the 'milk of God's Word ' in order to grow (spiritually) .
James 1:25 recommends we peer into the perfect law and persist in it -> the Law of Christ - Galatians 6:2 B.
And notice what that will do for us according to Psalm 19:7-11.
This is one way we seek first God's kingdom - Matthew 6:33

I remember when I first started to read the Bible that by day's end I found that I had not read anything that day.
So, to help I made a promise to my night-table lamp that I would Not turn it off until I read something. That worked for me.
Notice what the psalmist said at Psalm 63:6.

And if we think about it, do we just spend occasional time with a favorite loved person or rather spend much time _______

Old 02-27-2021, 07:28 PM

176 posts, read 95,787 times
Our bible also says that His truths are hidden in our heart, or they should be....not in our intellects as we, I believe wrongly think of when discussing things like this.

Our bible says that narrow is the way and that few find it. I therefore am left to believe that many know about...Jesus but do not personally know Him. In fact there is scripture for this, too. In that day many? will tell Him how diligently they worked for Him but He is then going to tell them to get away from Him....in essence if not in the very words, Jesus telling them to go to Hell.

A person could memorize the whole bible and not be a regenerated, truly saved soul. I think that Church attendance makes too many souls think it is well with their souls. Can't be helped that the ambiance of church lends itself to fake salvation.

Many folks will never experience any rapture except the raptured feeling of a religious high. We must guard ourselves least we fall into that comfy-feeling pit with them.

I do not read the scripture daily. It is not a recipe to Heaven, I refuse to "go through the motions" as so many, I fear are lost in doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I'm a little surprised to read ^ above ^ ' occasionally read ' because Jesus often prefaced his statements with the words, "It is written..." meaning Jesus was very familiar with the Scriptures, and Psalm 1:2 recommends reading Scripture daily.
The people of Acts 17:11 searched or researched the Scriptures daily.....
Peter (1st Pt. 2:2-3) recommends to us to be as a new born and desire the 'milk of God's Word ' in order to grow (spiritually) .
James 1:25 recommends we peer into the perfect law and persist in it -> the Law of Christ - Galatians 6:2 B.
And notice what that will do for us according to Psalm 19:7-11.
This is one way we seek first God's kingdom - Matthew 6:33

I remember when I first started to read the Bible that by day's end I found that I had not read anything that day.
So, to help I made a promise to my night-table lamp that I would Not turn it off until I read something. That worked for me.
Notice what the psalmist said at Psalm 63:6.

And if we think about it, do we just spend occasional time with a favorite loved person or rather spend much time _______

Old 02-28-2021, 12:58 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Directly from God, through prayer and meditation. I've read the bible as a starting point (a road map of sorts), but the rest is entirely spiritual, between the source and me.
No middlemen or religious schtuff in the way to taint what should be left pure. Communicating directly with God can be nothing less than the most reliable source.
Yup...the above, direct revelation, Divine Insights given; downloaded into my brain.
(It's like we're twins.)
I must say I was influenced by the love of Jesus and words of Krishna; not the Son,
supposedly, but Lord Vishnu incarnated Himself.

Focus your mind on Me and you are assured of finding Me.
Seek the Kingdom of Heaven first and all else will be given.

I found these to be true. Amazingly, suddenly, many times over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity