Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2021, 09:09 PM

63,367 posts, read 39,639,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
My Lord Mystic, the scripture is the Word of God! I have already shown you the "Living Word" and the "Written Word," and the difference.
Where do you think false doctrine comes from, Mystic, it comes from reading and interpreting the scripture without the "Teacher."
Where are your rebuttals of my answers to your use of scripture, Charlie. When you read the scriptures without the filter of the Comforter (Holy Spirit of agape love) and the Truth God has "written in our hearts," THAT is when you are reading and interpreting the scripture without the "Teacher."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2021, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
I'm curious to know if anyone who has posted, other than myself, gives any weight to the evidence of the resurrection of Jesus as a basis for their beliefs. After all, Christianity is based on historical events.
I do, but in His rebirth as Spirit NOT in a physical resurrection. That was only necessary for our carnal ancestors who were deathly afraid of Spirits and would never have accepted His rebirth as Spirit (Holy Spirit). But you knew that, Michael. Paul probably knew the real spiritual facts from the Kabbalah but none of the others would have had the spiritual knowledge to comprehend the "spiritual solid food" that was why parables and the "carnal milk" were needed.

Old 02-22-2021, 09:20 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,281,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Where are your rebuttals of my answers to your use of scripture, Charlie. When you read the scriptures without the filter of the Comforter (Holy Spirit of agape love) and the Truth God has "written in our hearts," THAT is when you are reading and interpreting the scripture without the "Teacher."
God writes the Laws of the Old Covenant in the hearts of Israel under the New Covenant in the future Kingdom Age when Israel is saved. It is not what you are referring to.

At this time the scripture tells us the earth will be filled with His knowledge.

Old 02-22-2021, 09:26 PM

Quote:
God writes the Laws of the Old Covenant in the hearts of Israel under the New Covenant in the future Kingdom Age when Israel is saved. It is not what you are referring to.
At this time the scripture tells us the earth will be filled with His knowledge.
Are you saying that Jesus did NOT institute the New Covenant with His body and blood??? Do you think there is some New Covenant still to come???? I completely disagree.

Hebrews 8:7-13 King James Version (KJV)

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Old 02-22-2021, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Are you saying that Jesus did NOT institute the New Covenant with His body and blood??? Do you think there is some New Covenant still to come???? I completely disagree.

Hebrews 8:7-13 King James Version (KJV)

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.
Lord have mercy Mystic, what is wrong with you? Do I have to explain every sentence I post?

Do you not realize that the same New Covenant we are living in now is the same New Covenant that Israel will be saved under?

How is it possible that you can think I am speaking of a New Covenant to come?

Old 02-22-2021, 09:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Lord have mercy Mystic, what is wrong with you? Do I have to explain every sentence I post?
Do you not realize that the same New Covenant we are living in now is the same New Covenant that Israel will be saved under?
How is it possible that you can think I am speaking of a New Covenant to come?
When you qualify things with phrases like "in the future Kingdom Age" you imply that the New Covenant is NOT already in effect and God has not written in our hearts" the Truth the Comforter who abides with us will guide us to. That is simply NOT true. Jesus instituted the New Covenant and it is fully in effect and has been for 2020+ years.

Old 02-22-2021, 09:49 PM

Quote:
When you qualify things with phrases like "in the future Kingdom Age" you imply that the New Covenant is NOT already in effect and God has not written in our hearts" the Truth the Comforter who abides with us will guide us to. That is simply NOT true. Jesus instituted the New Covenant and it is fully in effect and has been for 2020+ years.
Do you want me to explain the significance of the dispensations and how they work in time?

If you understand that, you won't make this mistake with anyone else in the future!

Old 02-22-2021, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Do you want me to explain the significance of the dispensations and how they work in time?
If you understand that, you won't make this mistake with anyone else in the future!
Dispensations are "precepts and doctrines of men" that have no relevance to the God of Jesus or His significance to our lives, Charlie. They are important to you in your religion and indoctrination into its beliefs, but I come from a very different perspective. I reject most of the dogma you hold dear, Charlie. Christ as our Savior is our common ground as is the agape love of God and each other every day and repentance when we fail.

Old 02-22-2021, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Dispensations are "precepts and doctrines of men" that have no relevance to the God of Jesus or His significance to our lives, Charlie. They are important to you in your religion and indoctrination into its beliefs, but I come from a very different perspective. I reject most of the dogma you hold dear, Charlie. Christ as our Savior is our common ground as is the agape love of God and each other every day and repentance when we fail.
Proof that you have no idea what dispensations are, and can't possibly know their purpose!

Old 02-22-2021, 10:01 PM

32,881 posts, read 26,100,556 times
Quote:
I do, but in His rebirth as Spirit NOT in a physical resurrection. That was only necessary for our carnal ancestors who were deathly afraid of Spirits and would never have accepted His rebirth as Spirit (Holy Spirit). But you knew that, Michael. Paul probably knew the real spiritual facts from the Kabbalah but none of the others would have had the spiritual knowledge to comprehend the "spiritual solid food" that was why parables and the "carnal milk" were needed.
What I know is that among the Jews who believed in resurrection, the belief was of a physical bodily resurrection. And Jesus' tomb was empty. The body was not there and the burial cloths had been left behind and folded up. Jesus' body was transformed, not left behind when he was resurrected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity