Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2021, 06:01 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Did you just stick your finger in the Bible?
I believe the technique is to drop the Bible and see what page flops open Jer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2021, 07:01 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligurian View Post
For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give [it]: thou delightest not in burnt offering.

Clean on the outside

John 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in Me. 5 I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abideth in Me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Clean on the inside

Psalms 51:7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give [it]: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
17 The sacrifices of God [are] a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

John 19:28 After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst. 29 Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put [it] upon hyssop, and put [it] to His mouth. 30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, He said, It is finished: and He bowed His head, and gave up the ghost.

John 7:38 He that believeth on Me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. 39 (But this spake He of the Spirit, which they that believe on Him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet [given]; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
John is not about the outside or generational, reproductive cycles which are unclean because they are earthly

The word is internal, of the mind and so divine by its nature

Joh 1:1**In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2**The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3**All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Joh 1:4**In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Joh 1:5**And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

G2638***(Strong)
καταλαμβάνω
katalambanō
kat-al-am-ban'-o
From G2596 and G1983; to take eagerly, that is, seize, possess, etc. (literally or figuratively): - apprehend, attain, come upon, comprehend, find, obtain, perceive, (over-) take.

Matthew’s gospel starts with the generational

Mat 1:1**The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.

G1078***(Strong)
γένεσις
genesis
ghen'-es-is
From the same as G1074; nativity; figuratively nature: - generation, nature (-ral).

There is a basic difference between heavenly and earthly things and we are not to confuse them together, we are heavenly/earthly “beings” joined together in one body with each “nature” having its own sphere/estate, so to speak

Just like each book of the bible has its own “place” and we need to take notice of the names to be able to correctly understand what it is talking about

Just like individuals are of dual nature so are the systems that develop in our various societies

Old 04-11-2021, 07:17 PM

563 posts, read 155,021 times
Quote:
Did you just stick your finger in the Bible?
Quote:
Faith is not believing; it knowing.

Real faith is not based on a specific belief, and in fact, needs no object at all. Real faith is not a belief-in, but merely that of simply knowing. When one does not have access to a faith without an object, one is faithless as their focus is on the object itself.
Jerwade's like a weather vane on the moon.

Quote:
In the winds of change, we find new direction. And change is the only constant.
No wind on the moon, Jerwade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I believe the technique is to drop the Bible and see what page flops open Jer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You come into the forum all guns blazing, diss Paul, my views, my status as a mystic, and you want an apology???
And mystic's that drinking bird toy.

Last edited by Ligurian; 04-11-2021 at 07:41 PM..

Old 04-11-2021, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Impossible for you with your counterfeit Christianity and your inability to understand that there is more to God than love. Not for me.
I agree.

Old 04-11-2021, 07:32 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Jerwade's like a weather vane on the moon.
In the winds of change, we find new direction. And change is the only constant.

Old 04-11-2021, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
<snip>
Just like individuals are of dual nature so are the systems that develop in our various societies
Why can't people talk Politics in Christianity forum...

Don't they like you in the Philosophy forum?

Old 04-11-2021, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Why can't people talk Politics in Christianity forum...

Don't they like you in the Philosophy forum?
I’m not talking of politics or philosophy though

I am speaking of the scope of Christianity which is very diverse by design

Spoken of here

The Preeminence of Christ
Col 1:15**who is the image of the invisible God, firstborn of all creation,
Col 1:16**because all things were created in Him, those in the heavens, and those on the earth, those visible, and those invisible, whether thrones, whether lordships, whether principalities, whether authorities; all things have been created through Him and for Him,
Col 1:17**and He is before all, and all things have consisted in Him.
Col 1:18**And He is the head of the body—the Assembly—who is a beginning, a firstborn out of the dead, that He might become first in all [things] Himself,
Col 1:19**because all the fullness was pleased to dwell in Him,
Col 1:20**and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself—having made peace through the blood of His Cross—through Him, whether the things on the earth, whether the things in the heavens.
Col 1:21**And you—once being alienated, and enemies in the mind, in the evil works, yet now He reconciled,
Col 1:22**in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and unblemished, and unblameable before Himself,
Col 1:23**if you also remain in the faith, being founded and settled, and not moved away from the hope of the good news, which you heard, which was preached in all the creation that [is] under Heaven, of which I, Paul, became a servant.
Paul's Ministry to the Church
Col 1:24**I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up the things lacking of the tribulations of the Christ in my flesh for His body, which is the Assembly,
Col 1:25**of which I became a servant according to the dispensation of God, that was given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God,
Col 1:26**the secret that has been hid from the ages and from the generations, but now was revealed to His holy ones,
Col 1:27**to whom God willed to make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this secret among the nations—which is Christ in you, the hope of the glory,
Col 1:28**whom we proclaim, warning every man, and teaching every man, in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus,
Col 1:29**for which I also labor, striving according to His working that is working in me in power.

But you just want to snip bits out like Paul though.......

Old 04-11-2021, 07:45 PM

Quote:
<snip>
Quote:
Yep, I do understand where you are coming from

I have a personal belief in God, but do not follow any particular denomination or official religious practice

I’m definitely interested in reading/analysing how that organised/religious “tower” developed and manifests in society/humanity but that’s apart from my very simple, personal beliefs/faith in God, Jesus and what Christ represents
But head over heals for Saul of Tarsus.

Old 04-11-2021, 07:54 PM

Quote:
But head over heals for Saul of Tarsus.
No, I’m not

Saul/Paul Is how the beginning and the end are connected and there is a need to differentiate between what is being built up, how it’s being built up, and what falls away, apostatises, and is anathema in a religious sense, what remains after the ‘purging’

Old 04-11-2021, 08:06 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:

He likes to make things confusing, might have to call him Mr. Al Heimer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity