Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 10:01 PM

793 posts, read 2,212,939 times

Advertisements

Were people at the time of Noah much taller, let say 9 ft tall? There are skeleton remains of giants found. Are there the ones the Bible teaches? The earth before the flood, was so different then it was now. First there was water above the earth and under the earth. Secondly, though i am not sure where i got that info, the earth had a higher concentration of Oxygen, making people, even animals bigger, then what people are today. And yes making a Cubit a lot bigger, so a bigger ark. Also made animals and people live a lot older. IF the atmosphere was different before the flood the carbon dating wouldn't work for any thing that died before the flood.

Anyway. Do you think Noah was a giant?

Old 05-10-2008, 04:26 AM

1,706 posts, read 3,307,468 times
Before considering the remains from the Nephilim of Noah's time, you may want to research your questions on an urban legends website. There's a lot of hoax out there, unless one choses to believe in sharks attacking Navy SEALS, mermaids, pictures of the Space Shuttle explosion, or a tidal wave hitting a coastal community.

Old 02-15-2014, 11:49 PM

758 posts, read 847,181 times
I seriously doubt this is any type of hoax.

Old 02-16-2014, 05:06 AM

9,688 posts, read 10,008,103 times
Noah was four cubits high , so in interpretation if Noah arm length was Big His cubit would make him a Big man , or if Noah had a small arm his cubit would make him a small man , the size of a cubit it the forearm to the tips of the fingers and cubits are any thing from 18 inches to 24 inches long each

Old 02-16-2014, 07:56 AM

591 posts, read 925,405 times
4ft 11

Old 02-16-2014, 09:21 AM

758 posts, read 847,181 times
Noah was of normal (average height); His blood line (& family members) were not infected with the dna of the Nephilim.

And Noah and his generations were all perfect; Genesis 6:9

WE know for a fact one of the sons committed a grave sin later. It doesn't mean they were sinless - Their bloodline was pure.

In Genesis chapter 5 we are given the names of the ten generations of Noah.

"Hidden" in plain sight is the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

It is the Glory of God to conceal a matter ... Proverbs 25:2
Search the scriptures as for hidden treasure(s). Proverbs 2:4

Hebrew - English
Adam - Man [is]
Seth - Appointed
Enosh - Mortal
Kenan - Sorrow;
Mahalalel - The Blessed God
Jared - Shall come down
Enoch - Teaching
Methuselah - His death shall bring
Lamech - The Despairing
Noah - Rest, or comfort.

Most people are unaware that Enoch knew in advance the exact day of the flood.
The flood would not happen until Methuselah died!

Methuselah was the oldest man recorded in the bible; Yet he died before... His father!

Old 02-16-2014, 11:21 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,446,794 times
snopes.com: Giant Human Skeleton Found in Saudi Arabia

"Skeleton of Giant" Is Internet Photo Hoax

Exposing the crooks behind the myth!: Giant Skeleton Hoax

Old 02-16-2014, 12:35 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djf863000 View Post
Were people at the time of Noah much taller, let say 9 ft tall? There are skeleton remains of giants found. Are there the ones the Bible teaches? The earth before the flood, was so different then it was now. First there was water above the earth and under the earth. Secondly, though i am not sure where i got that info, the earth had a higher concentration of Oxygen, making people, even animals bigger, then what people are today. And yes making a Cubit a lot bigger, so a bigger ark. Also made animals and people live a lot older. IF the atmosphere was different before the flood the carbon dating wouldn't work for any thing that died before the flood.

Anyway. Do you think Noah was a giant?
Tall enough, but not a giant a such is an abnormality.

Old 02-16-2014, 01:42 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
I seriously doubt this is any type of hoax.

You apparently seriously doubt that which is true and enthusiastically embrace that which is demonstrably false.

Old 02-16-2014, 01:46 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
I can't believe people are still believing this BS. Some people are so gullible. The Misslerites have come out in full force.

PaleoBabble | Your antidote to cyber-twaddle and misguided research about the ancient world.

Scroll down to Jan.5 2014

And this Genesis Chapter 5 Genealogy is also bunk.

The Naked Bible » Allegorical Interpretation of the Names in Genesis 5

The guy who does this blog is a Christian so I don't want any crying about the source. He also deals with the whole Anunnaki/Giants BS of Zacharia Sitchin and his butchery of Sumerian Literature.

Sitchin | PaleoBabble

Now go and learn how to learn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.