Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2021, 05:33 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,092 times

Advertisements

It takes all kinds.

Those who deny what the scriptures teach may think that they have a relationship with the Lord that is contrary to scripture; but they will find in the end that they will be cast into the lake of fire for their abominations that they have practiced.

The only way they are not going to be punished is if they place their trust in Christ to be their redeemer...not only from the penalty of their sins...but from their power and practice.

In order to be redeemed you must agree with God about your sin (1 John 1:9) and that means not denying that your sin is sin.

And of course, as you have said, trobesmom, those who want to believe that their homosexuality is alright have to deny the teachings of holy scripture...

So, the question that I would have is, Can they honestly identify themselves as Christians?

A Christian is anyone who says to Jesus, "Lord, Lord"....

But I would say that the scripture is clear that not everyone who is identified as a Christian is going to necessarily enter in to the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 7:21).

So, another question is, can you identify yourself as someone who is going to enter in to the kingdom, if you are a denier of the teachings of holy scripture?

I would say that it is those people who are entering by the broad road that leads to destruction (Matthew 7:13-14).
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2021, 05:39 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,795,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
That would be a seared conscience! They have resisted through the lust of the flesh to the point that the conscience no longer condemns them.

In this case, God has given them over to a reprobate mind.

Rom. 1:28
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Their consciences are not seared. They are not going to hell, they are not condemned. That. Is. Your. Opinion. Opinions are not fact. I know each and every scripture you have quoted or will ever think about quoting because I am quite versed in the bible myself. It makes no difference to me how many times you try to use your scripture logic. These lovely LGBTQ folks are living their best lives, serving their God and being loved by those who don't give a damn what they do in their bedrooms or who they have sex with. The end.

Old 05-03-2021, 05:49 PM

Denying the truth of holy scripture is going to put you in hell, trobesmom.

You must believe in Jesus to go to heaven; and He is "the Word".

So, if you reject the testimony of His word, you are rejecting Him and not believing in Him.

Telling people that they are going to heaven and that their sins, which are putting them in hell, are not putting them in hell, is a sin in the eyes of God; for you are giving people a false hope and if they put their trust in that false hope they will continue to commit sins that are going to place them in hell.

Thus they will go to hell because of the false hope that was given to them by you.

Old 05-03-2021, 05:50 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post

So, if you reject the testimony of His word, you are rejecting Him and not believing in Him.

Telling people that they are going to heaven and that their sins, which are putting them in hell, are not putting them in hell, is a sin in the eyes of God; for you are giving people a false hope and if they put their trust in that false hope they will continue to commit sins that are going to place them in hell.
LOL.

You're funny. I bet you're cute too.

Old 05-03-2021, 05:51 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,318,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Their consciences are not seared. They are not going to hell, they are not condemned. That. Is. Your. Opinion. Opinions are not fact. I know each and every scripture you have quoted or will ever think about quoting because I am quite versed in the bible myself. It makes no difference to me how many times you try to use your scripture logic. These lovely LGBTQ folks are living their best lives, serving their God and being loved by those who don't give a damn what they do in their bedrooms or who they have sex with. The end.
That's fine. You can deny scripture and believe they will be in heaven with those whose goal is to rid their lives of all sin.

That won't make you right over God! But I'm afraid you will be judged with them.

Matt. 12:30

He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

Old 05-03-2021, 06:06 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
That's fine. You can deny scripture and believe they will be in heaven with those whose goal is to rid their lives of all sin.

That won't make you right over God! But I'm afraid you will be judged with them.

Matt. 12:30

He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.
You poor fundies are SO terrified of your cartoon god-thing!

Old 05-03-2021, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You poor fundies are SO terrified of your cartoon god-thing!
It's going to be a rude awakening for you when you pass on into the next life and find that He is real and that He is judging you according to your sins.

Old 05-03-2021, 06:10 PM

I, also, am not afraid.

For the Lord Jesus has redeemed me through His shed blood.

Old 05-03-2021, 06:12 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,318,618 times
Quote:
I, also, am not afraid.

For the Lord Jesus has redeemed me through His shed blood.
And that is the point, the redeemed have no fear, they have made things right coming back into fellowship with God.

Just the opposite with the unbelievers.

Old 05-03-2021, 06:16 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,795,443 times
Quote:

Thus they will go to hell because of the false hope that was given to them by you.
That is your opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity