Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2021, 08:21 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,317,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
I know what I'm dealing with. I've been on the forum far longer than you have and have had my dealings with these people.
Probably not one like Mystic who goes against the grain and believes there is no hell.

All the UR folks I've dealt with in the past believe in hell as a type of purification.

Mystic's case is rare and very dangerous, no need for faith as there is no punishment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2021, 08:26 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,417,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Probably not one like Mystic who goes against the grain and believes there is no hell.

All the UR folks I've dealt with in the past believe in hell as a type of purification.

Mystic's case is rare and very dangerous, no need for faith as there is no punishment.
I've dealt with him on many occasions. As I said, I've been on the forum a long time. Longer than he has as a matter of fact. Look at the join dates at the top right corner of the posts.

Old 07-05-2021, 08:26 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,174,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Our salvation is ALL Jesus. We have no role in it and can take no credit for it for ANY reason. We CAN just have faith that it is true and act accordingly.
there is another event from John 9:
2"And his disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”
I think this as well as in mark speaks about Karmic events.

Old 07-05-2021, 08:27 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:

Stop Lying, Charlie. I have repeatedly said that we reap EXACTLY what we sow, just no more and no less, and certainly nothing eternal.

Old 07-05-2021, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Stop Lying, Charlie. I have repeatedly said that we reap EXACTLY what we sow, just no more and no less, and certainly nothing eternal.
No hell, no punishment, right Mystic! Why should we have faith in Christ?

How will we reap what we sow if reject Christ? What is the punishment you claim doesn't exist?

Old 07-05-2021, 08:35 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Quote:
Faith is very clearly stated as a condition for salvation. John 3:16, John 6:40, Acts 16:31 being some examples.

Explain to me why anyone should listen to you instead of to the New Testament writers. Explain to me why you think that you are more of an authority than those New Testament writers.
Quote:
You're dealing with the UR, Mike. Everyone one will be saved, no need for faith.

The commandments and requirements of the scripture mean nothing to them.
Quote:
I know what I'm dealing with. I've been on the forum far longer than you have and have had my dealings with these people.
You can’t just tar everyone with the same brush Charlie, or put everyone in the same box

Mike knows what he wants to stand for and against, and what he wants to address

(And UR has its own thread and is not to be dragged out into all threads for a reason)

Old 07-05-2021, 08:42 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
No hell, no punishment, right Mystic! Why should we have faith in Christ?
How will we reap what we sow if reject Christ? What is the punishment you claim doesn't exist?
There are CONSEQUENCES for our failures to properly develop our Spirit, Charlie. You know, like everything else in life. There are consequences for failures and they can be quite negative without there being any punishment. In fact, you even claim that we are responsible for the consequences of our choices. I agree. That doesn't make them punishments.

Old 07-05-2021, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
You can’t just tar everyone with the same brush Charlie, or put everyone in the same box

Mike knows what he wants to stand for and against, and what he wants to address

(And UR has its own thread and is not to be dragged out into all threads for a reason)
You're right Meer, I shouldn't have brought it up here! the conversation was headed that way, should have dropped it.

I haven't put everyone in the Ur box. Post #11.

Old 07-05-2021, 09:00 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Quote:
You're right Meer, I shouldn't have brought it up here! the conversation was headed that way, should have dropped it.

I haven't put everyone in the Ur box. Post #11.
People don’t belong in boxes

Labels are handy for identifying things, types, etc but can be overused or misused

Old 07-05-2021, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
People don’t belong in boxes

Labels are handy for identifying things, types, etc but can be overused or misused
Thank you for that info, Meer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity