Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2021, 12:30 PM

33,224 posts, read 26,422,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
He went to the grave (not a fanciful paradise), and his life force (breath, spirit) went back from whence it came. But according to your beliefs, it was returned upon the resurrection of his physical body from the dead, again, the grave is not paradise! Neither is it an underworld of pain and suffering.
Jesus told the criminal that they would both be in paradise that day. The grave is not paradise as you yourself just admitted. The Jews also referred to paradise as 'Abraham's Bosom.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2021, 12:42 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,943,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Jesus told the criminal that they would both be in paradise that day. The grave is not paradise as you yourself just admitted. The Jews also referred to paradise as 'Abraham's Bosom.'
I agree with you, Mike. But what about the man who hung on the other side of Jesus, the one who died unrepentant? What do you believe the status of his spirit will be prior to his being resurrected? If the righteous go to paradise (as I agree they do, and which I believe is not the same place as our ultimate destination), what about the wicked?

Old 07-11-2021, 12:57 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times
Quote:
To what the Bible calls hades. Sheol is the Old Testament term.
These are merely a reflection of the grave, not some kind of paradise or hell.

Old 07-11-2021, 12:59 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times
Quote:
He went to the grave (not a fanciful paradise), and his life force (breath, spirit) went back from whence it came. But according to your beliefs, it was returned upon the resurrection of his physical body from the dead, again, the grave is not paradise! Neither is it an underworld of pain and suffering.
Quote:
He said the man will be with him, as in a future tense, not immediately.

Old 07-11-2021, 01:00 PM

732 posts, read 211,240 times
Quote:
To what the Bible calls hades. Sheol is the Old Testament term.
I agree with your last statement.

Lk 23:43 Jesus and thief would be in "paradise " that same day.
Acts 2:27-31 Jesus's soul would not be abandoned in hades and His body would not decay.

Paradise as you probably know is an old persian word meaning enclosure, garden, park..... John 20:17 Jesus said He had not yet ascended to God.

So with that known, Christ clearly went to hades for a short time, the thief would have gone to same exact place, lk 16 Lazarus goes to Abraham's bosom with all other saints which is one part of hades, it was pleasant there. That is the paradise talked about. Nobody can argue with the explicit words that Christ's soul wouldn't stay forever in hades. Bible NEVER said Jesus went straight to heaven, so thief didn't either. Bible explains itself clearly on this matter.

Old 07-11-2021, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I agree with you, Mike. But what about the man who hung on the other side of Jesus, the one who died unrepentant? What do you believe the status of his spirit will be prior to his being resurrected? If the righteous go to paradise (as I agree they do, and which I believe is not the same place as our ultimate destination), what about the wicked?
Hi, Katz. Well, I believe that before the cross paradise was a compartment of Hades. While the righteous went to paradise the unrighteous went to another part of Hades. Additionally, Peter stated in 2 Peter 2:4 that the angels who took part in the Genesis 6:4 event in which they took human women as wives who gave birth to the Nephilim were confined to 'Tartarus.' In Greek thought Tartarus was the lowest part of Hades or was beneath Hades. Peter applied the terminology to the prison in which those angels are imprisoned until their final judgment.

After the cross paradise was transferred to what Paul called the third heaven as per 2 Corinthians 12:2-4. The unrighteous remain in Hades until the great white throne judgment of Revelation 20:11-15.

Old 07-11-2021, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyKurreto View Post

Acts 2:27-31 Jesus's soul would not be abandoned in hades and His body would not decay.

Paradise as you probably know is an old persian word meaning enclosure, garden, park..... John 20:17 Jesus said He had not yet ascended to God.

So with that known, Christ clearly went to hades for a short time, the thief would have gone to same exact place, lk 16 Lazarus goes to Abraham's bosom with all other saints which is one part of hades, it was pleasant there. That is the paradise talked about. Nobody can argue with the explicit words that Christ's soul wouldn't stay forever in hades. Bible NEVER said Jesus went straight to heaven, so thief didn't either. Bible explains itself clearly on this matter.
Yes. That's right.

Old 07-11-2021, 01:08 PM

Quote:
He said the man will be with him, as in a future tense, not immediately.
Are you ever going to learn to base your opinions on evidence instead of just making mere assertions?

Old 07-11-2021, 01:15 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Hi, Katz. Well, I believe that before the cross paradise was a compartment of Hades. While the righteous went to paradise the unrighteous went to another part of Hades. Additionally, Peter stated in 2 Peter 2:4 that the angels who took part in the Genesis 6:4 event in which they took human women as wives who gave birth to the Nephilim were confined to 'Tartarus.' In Greek thought Tartarus was the lowest part of Hades or was beneath Hades. Peter applied the terminology to the prison in which those angels are imprisoned until their final judgment.

After the cross paradise was transferred to what Paul called the third heaven as per 2 Corinthians 12:2-4. The unrighteous remain in Hades until the great white throne judgment of Revelation 20:11-15.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyKurreto View Post

So with that known, Christ clearly went to hades for a short time, the thief would have gone to same exact place, lk 16 Lazarus goes to Abraham's bosom with all other saints which is one part of hades, it was pleasant there. That is the paradise talked about. Nobody can argue with the explicit words that Christ's soul wouldn't stay forever in hades. Bible NEVER said Jesus went straight to heaven, so the thief didn't either. Bible explains itself clearly on this matter.
Quote:
Yes. That's right.
The creativity of human imagination cannot be denied, but this is so very sad - such detailed nonsense to maintain a belief in a wrathful, vengeful War God who needs to be appeased by blood sacrifice and eternal torment for not believing nonsense. Incredible!.

Old 07-11-2021, 01:16 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,685,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I see more of a composition, it’s not just about the body that dies and a spirit - what I see is that there is soul that is connected to the spirit and flesh, but the soul does not go to places it has not been reformed to, the spirit can descend down and lift the soul up, the soul can not do it by itself

And this has to do with that dimensional thing that mike and I have been speaking of which I believe is unlimited, we advance toward that as we are ready

1Th 5:23**And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity