Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 04:27 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,178,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezar View Post
I only read and listened to this link. I have to disagree on his description of the New heaven and earth in the bible. In Revelation, it is not speaking about creation but the "heaven and earth" for the Hebrews in Deuteronomy.
Berean Study Bible Deuteronomy 30:19
I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you today that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing. Therefore choose life, so that you and your descendants may live,

When we die, I believe our spirit is raptured to God.

2Cor.5: says what really happens:
The Temporal and Eternal 1For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2For indeed in this house we groan, longing to be clothed with our dwelling from heaven, 3inasmuch as we, having put it on, will not be found naked. 4For indeed while we are in this tent, we groan, being burdened, because we do not want to be unclothed but to be clothed, so that what is mortal will be swallowed up by life. 5Now He who prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave to us the Spirit as a pledge.
6Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord— 7for we walk by faith, not by sight— 8we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord. 9Therefore we also have as our ambition, whether at home or absent, to be pleasing to Him. 10For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

Note the clothed and unclothed. We are clothed (our spirit as a guarantee) after we die with a heavenly body made for heaven.

After that- I can only imagine. Heaven is without gravity so there's no doubt I think that it's up there.
imo, in that text Paul talks about his ability to have OBE at will too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2021, 04:30 PM

40 posts, read 17,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I don’t think that refers to a physical “up” but a dimensional one

In literal space there is no north/south/east/west that is only applicable to a sphere where you have directional points and gravity giving us down on terrestrial earth and up in the air
WTH is the difference between a literal up and a dimensional One? makes no sense. I was a science major friend.
Anyhoo, Get beyond this earth's atmosphere, you must know, has no gravity.

And wouldn't you like to fly around heaven all day? P.S.- with all problems gone. ? I believe it.

Old 07-06-2021, 04:34 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
WTH is the difference between a literal up and a dimensional One? makes no sense. I was a science major friend.

And wouldn't you like to fly around heaven all day? P.S.- with all problems gone. ? I believe it.
It has to do with the essential differences between physical and spiritual, flesh/spirit

Old 07-06-2021, 04:47 PM

40 posts, read 17,777 times
Quote:
It has to do with the difference between the essential differences between physical and spiritual, flesh/spirit
Yes, it does.

And for believers in Christ especially, the Bible says our flesh is grounded in death, but the spirit rises to be clothed in heaven with a new body.

G.Duval is totally blind, Paul was only speaking about an O.B.experience when he, in spirit, rose up to the 3rd heaven.

Hey, again. Paul said "arouse up." Somebody needs a little more faith and knowledge I think.

Old 07-06-2021, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Yes, it does.

And for believers in Christ especially, the Bible says our flesh is grounded in death, but the spirit rises to be clothed in heaven with a new body.

G.Duval is totally blind, Paul was only speaking about an O.B.experience when he, in spirit, rose up to the 3rd heaven.

Hey, again. Paul said "arouse up." Somebody needs a little more faith and knowledge I think.
what about here, 23When many days had passed, the Jews plotted to kill him, 24"but their plot became known (egnōsthē) to Saul." There are few references in NT as well as the third heaven?

Old 07-06-2021, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Yes, it does.

Yeah, I don’t believe that Duval is any more blind than you are, just sees/perceives from a different perspective

Old 07-06-2021, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I don’t believe that Duval is any more blind than you are, just sees/perceives from a different perspective
he is only partially blind, like myself, i see he is going right way.

Old 07-06-2021, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
he is only partially blind, like myself, i see he is going right way.
Yep..... We are all partially blind/biased, it is part and parcel of being human

Old 07-06-2021, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Yep..... We are all partially blind/biased, it is part and parcel of being human
12"For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known."

Old 07-06-2021, 05:33 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:

You won't find heaven by looking through a telescope peering out into the universe. I doubt that heaven is somewhere beyond the universe. It makes more sense that heaven is on another plane of existence that could very well be occupying the same space as we do. The spiritual realm is all around us but invisible to us.

If you were a science major you should know that gravity exists everywhere in space. Gravity doesn't disappear once you get beyond earth's atmosphere.
Is There Gravity in Space?
Gravity causes every object to pull every other object toward it. Some people think that there is no gravity in space. In fact, a small amount of gravity can be found everywhere in space. Gravity is what holds the moon in orbit around Earth. Gravity causes Earth to orbit the sun. It keeps the sun in place in the Milky Way galaxy. Gravity, however, does become weaker with distance. It is possible for a spacecraft to go far enough from Earth that a person inside would feel very little gravity. But this is not why things float on a spacecraft in orbit. The International Space Station orbits Earth at an altitude between 200 and 250 miles. At that altitude, Earth's gravity is about 90 percent of what it is on the planet's surface. In other words, if a person who weighed 100 pounds on Earth's surface could climb a ladder all the way to the space station, that person would weigh 90 pounds at the top of the ladder.

https://www.nasa.gov/audience/forstu...ravity-58.html
A person is weightless on the International space station because an orbit is essentially a fall around the earth. As the ISS falls toward the earth the earth curves away as the ISS's orbital speed is sufficient to keep it in a free fall around the earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity