Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2021, 06:32 PM

11,102 posts, read 7,174,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
OP, I judge YOU! Yes, YOU!

You should be following THE GOD MABEL. If you do not follow her, you will be damned for all eternity.

Really! REALLY!
Well worth repeating
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2021, 06:59 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,178,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
If Jesus sent His followers as He was sent per John 17 then we must judge as He judged.

As it is written;

“I judge as I hear and my judgment is just because I am not seeking my own will but the will of Him who sent me.” (Jesus)

There are some who would say do not judge if you don’t want to be judged. The fact of the matter is if you don’t judge you are not following Jesus at all.

We are all being judged whether you like or not. Best do the will of the one who sent Him.

“I said you are gods, all of you sons of the Most High.”

“Rise up O god and judge the earth!”

That is how the son frees you. Become the son. Rise up and judge!

Can you do it?
That is what Christ Within does, judges you , you know if you did good or not, through your consciousness.
Until you are able to judge yourself.

Old 07-09-2021, 09:25 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
If Jesus sent His followers as He was sent per John 17 then we must judge as He judged.

As it is written;

“I judge as I hear and my judgment is just because I am not seeking my own will but the will of Him who sent me.” (Jesus)

There are some who would say do not judge if you don’t want to be judged. The fact of the matter is if you don’t judge you are not following Jesus at all.

We are all being judged whether you like or not. Best do the will of the one who sent Him.

Can you do it?
I suppose if you can see into everyone's heart to the same extent as Jesus can, you have every right to judge as He judged. Personally, I don't believe any of us can.

Old 07-10-2021, 11:25 AM

3,220 posts, read 926,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I suppose if you can see into everyone's heart to the same extent as Jesus can, you have every right to judge as He judged. Personally, I don't believe any of us can.
Everyone who has finished their schooling into the kingdom of God can see into the hearts of man and can bring forth the old and the new just as their teacher who lives in them and they in Him.

Old 07-10-2021, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
That is what Christ Within does, judges you , you know if you did good or not, through your consciousness.
Until you are able to judge yourself.
Well that’s not how Jesus did so. He judged as He heard by doing the will of the Father!

Old 07-10-2021, 11:37 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,178,732 times
Quote:
Well that’s not how Jesus did so. He judged as He heard by doing the will of the Father!
'judge' means choose between good and evil, selection. Christ within is given so you could select properly.

Old 07-10-2021, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
'judge' means choose between good and evil, selection. Christ within is given so you could select properly.
I know what judging is because Jesus said it is to do the will of God.

I posted the verse but man ignores it because they cannot come to the light in their wicked ways.

If man can accept the good and reject the evil then they come to the light and the truth of the only God.

“Render true judgement and show kindness and compassion to one another.”

Old 07-10-2021, 05:52 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,150,568 times
Quote:

As it is written;

Can you do it?
Are you thinking about what happens when a fellow believer (one who calls themselves your brother or sister in the faith) are unrepentant in their wayward actions and conduct?

Paul wrote something of interest with regard to judging others....

" In my letter I wrote you to stop keeping company with sexually immoral people, not meaning entirely with the sexually immoral people of this world or the greedy people or extortioners or idolaters. Otherwise, you would actually have to get out of the world. But now I am writing you to stop keeping company with anyone called a brother who is sexually immoral or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner not even eating with such a man. For what do I have to do with judging those outside? Do you not judge those inside while God judges those outside

So the principle is to address those who say "hey bro (fellow believer in Christ) I'm just like you." Yet if the person is a habitual liar, commits adultery, steals, takes human life and is unrepentant and isn't willing to follow Christ's footsteps closely then those are the one's that are "judged." Even then what becomes of them is ultimately God's call. What Paul said aligns with what Jesus said in Matthew 18:15-17

Old 07-10-2021, 06:05 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
Are you thinking about what happens when a fellow believer (one who calls themselves your brother or sister in the faith) are unrepentant in their wayward actions and conduct?

Paul wrote something of interest with regard to judging others....

" In my letter I wrote you to stop keeping company with sexually immoral people, not meaning entirely with the sexually immoral people of this world or the greedy people or extortioners or idolaters. Otherwise, you would actually have to get out of the world. But now I am writing you to stop keeping company with anyone called a brother who is sexually immoral or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner not even eating with such a man. For what do I have to do with judging those outside? Do you not judge those inside while God judges those outside

So the principle is to address those who say "hey bro (fellow believer in Christ) I'm just like you." Yet if the person is a habitual liar, commits adultery, steals, takes human life and is unrepentant and isn't willing to follow Christ's footsteps closely then those are the one's that are "judged." Even then what becomes of them is ultimately God's call. What Paul said aligns with what Jesus said in Matthew 18:15-17
How can any of you accept any of this as uncorrupted by human weakness when Jesus Himself associated with heathens and publicans? The "exclusivity gene" acts quickly to make us feel special!!! So much of what has been adopted as Christian dogma contradicts or is inconsistent with what Jesus Himself ACTUALLY did. I can't understand why it has been so readily accepted. We are indeed a perverse people!!

Old 07-10-2021, 06:09 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Default Jesus says we must judge as He judged!

Well, that would pretty much place judgment out of our reach!!! To judge as Jesus did we would have to be like Jesus and have the same capabilities. I certainly would never assume that I was in any way comparable to Jesus! Good luck with that judging business. It seems like a dicey enterprise to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity