Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2021, 11:45 AM

3,831 posts, read 1,386,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
We have no say so over the judgment of who gets life or death. What we are justified to judge is if someone is a Christian. Jesus stated very clearly that by their fruits you will know them. So Christians are able to identify their brothers and sisters.
And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. (Luke 6:33)

And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? (Matthew 5:47)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2021, 01:53 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. (Luke 6:33)

And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? (Matthew 5:47)

Old 07-13-2021, 07:08 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post

“All those who do good to the resurrection of life.”

“You’ve been told O man what is good and what the LORD requires of you, only to do what is right love goodness and walk humbly with your God.”

Old 07-13-2021, 10:54 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,150,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord. We will all reap whatever we sow. It is not our place to judge or administer correction that is reserved for the authorities for secular violations of the law like assault or murder, etc. Love your enemies is unambiguous! It is not easy or necessarily possible for us humans which is the weakness that I allege is responsible for the corruption of Christ's instructions.
It's not about vengeance MysticPhD so that scripture doesn't apply
The whole approach described by Jesus and Paul is 3/4 attempting to reach your brothers heart and keep him as a brother in the faith. Removing a person from spiritual association (eg the "church" the "congregation") is the last resort and it's only when the person has the attitude of, "I know it's wrong, but I feel justified in what I'm doing or it's my business not yours."
Plus the door is always open for the brother or sister to return. Very much like the prodigal son. Out they go doing whatever they please but some eventually feel bad for what they've done and certainly would be more than welcomed back.
However, I will say it's Jesus, who is given the authority by God, who judges and determines which individual receives everlasting life or not.

Old 07-13-2021, 11:04 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Except for the humility part. And I suppose now you're going to tell us how proud you are of your humility.
No, that's my line.

I once received an award for humility and pinned it up on my wall

Old 07-14-2021, 02:25 AM

35 posts, read 10,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Back at ya. But I am not in your prayers or you would believe.

“Keep the commandments of the LORD by doing what is right and just.”
It is one thing to follow what God has taught directly, which nobody can claim, and another to follow somebody's account, possibly some people's accounts, of a person supposedly to have been sent by God and use this as the only doctrine. There are numerous questions that can be asked about 'Jesus' to suspect that in fact he may not have been divine, ever existed in history or better that he was God himself and not just anointed by God.

The core christian belief to determine whether an entity is at least part divine is that he must be born from from a virgin. If we think about the story of Jesus' parents moving from Nazereth to Jerusalem, between which Jesus was born. For anybody else in that period up until sometime near his 'crucification' or more likely after, he was just another person with no proof that he was not a product of copulation. As sources will state and as most people can imagine, nothing of this type was officially recorded in those days, so there was no basis for anybody after his 'crucification' to claim that he was born from a virgin.

Nobody can prove that an entity named Jesus existed at any point, this is not suggestive that he does not ever exist, as nobody can be sure about anything other than what they have witnessed at first hand no matter how convincing the evidence may be.

The theory that God sent his favourite son to suffer in the way that Jesus has been stated to have suffered despite knowing the future, or at least the potential risks, is suggesting that the person who allegedly sent Jesus was not really God. Which Father would push his dearest child into the frontline of a battle instead of volunteering to go himself to fulfil his own duties especially when he knows that people will not accept indirect action for eternity. Another analogy would be which parent would send their child to fulfil just even a basic task in faith towards a friend or a relative but never show there face themselves. If God can anoint his son to descend to earth then there is nothing stopping him from being able to do the same. This proves that if there ever was an entity who eventually was referred to as Christ Jesus having all the miraculous qualities to the extent that he is given an almost equal pedestal as God, taking into account how he was treated by adversaries, he was very likely actually God rather than just son of God. This raises issues about the whole intention of the belief system and the events stated in the Bible. I know many Christians are not the people who put 'God' on the cross, however I am not sure that they feel any sorrow or at least sadness about what happened to him. Please follow what is obvious not what is questionable, especially when deciding the potential fate of everybody including yourself. Declaring 'war' in the name of God is blasphemous, as God would discourage any form of potential suffering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity