Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2021, 11:20 PM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I have given the reasoning behind this. However, I will give that reasoning again; because I am aware of the principle of 2 Corinthians 9:6, Luke 8:11, and Ecclesiastes 11:6.

After a soul is placed in hell as a sinner, because the sin / child of wrath nature has not been dealt with since they have not been born again, they will continue to add sin to sin and thus will add to their just judgment as concerning all of the sins that they have committed.

A person's sin nature can only be dealt with by being born again. Therefore, if someone is never born again, they will continue to have the sin nature and will continue to sin after being cast into hell; thus adding to the number of things that they have done wrong and therefore to the just judgment for what they have done wrong, punishment will be added accordingly.

They are unable to stop sinning (Jeremiah 13:23) and therefore their judgment is everlasting.
What I see is that you havent a clue what being born again is, that's what I see.

You take every concept of Judaism and you throw them out there in a general way so nobody understands what the hell you are speaking of, because you havent a clue of the idioms and traditions that the concepts were derived from.

Born again huh?

Tell me, why is it that the pGentile has to be born again and the Jew doesnt?

Tell me why you think you are born again without even knowing the reason why you have to be born again?

Paul taught his Gentiles in person, and he taught them the times and seasons of Judaism, God's appointed holy days that he promises to visit.

Paul was always angry because his own disciples who were not yet born again," THEY SUCKED"..... and HE DOUBTED THAT THEY WOULD EVER BE BORN AGAIN.

PAUL KNEW THEY WOULD NEVER BE BORN AGAIN

Paul doubted that his Gentiles would ever be born again, and Paul taught them the times and seasons.

What hope or chance do Christians have?

Christian's arent even willing to hear what the times and seasons are.

Paul couldnt save his own churches and they were converts of Judaism, what chance does the Christian have?

HERE WE ARE JUSTBYFAITH

YOU, you are here assuming that you are a born again Christian when the entire idea of being born again escapes you.

Why do you as a Gentile, have to be be born again?

You Christian's love saying things in a general sense, and never know what you are even talking about.

Born a Gentile.

Why do you suppose you have to be born again?

All those first Gentiles became Jews because they were born again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2021, 02:50 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
I have given the reasoning behind this. However, I will give that reasoning again; because I am aware of the principle of 2 Corinthians 9:6, Luke 8:11, and Ecclesiastes 11:6.

After a soul is placed in hell as a sinner, because the sin / child of wrath nature has not been dealt with since they have not been born again, they will continue to add sin to sin and thus will add to their just judgment as concerning all of the sins that they have committed.

A person's sin nature can only be dealt with by being born again. Therefore, if someone is never born again, they will continue to have the sin nature and will continue to sin after being cast into hell; thus adding to the number of things that they have done wrong and therefore to the just judgment for what they have done wrong, punishment will be added accordingly.

They are unable to stop sinning (Jeremiah 13:23) and therefore their judgment is everlasting.
What a bunch of nonsense. You couldn't dump water out of a bucket - if the directions were written on the bottom.

Old 07-11-2021, 04:50 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,381,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You have some good thoughts here, pneuma...
Thanks Richard

Old 07-11-2021, 04:54 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,381,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Doesn't matter what I say, you will try and find something anything, lol.

When they sinned and their eyes were opened, they knew they were naked. That is when they lost their purity, no more perfection for them!
That's correct it does not matter what you say, show me any scripture that states Adam was created perfect. Good luck.

I could show you scripture that Adam was not created perfect but i know you well enough by now that you hold your beliefs above scripture so would refuse to accept those scriptures

Old 07-11-2021, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Doesn't matter what I say, you will try and find something anything, lol.

When they sinned and their eyes were opened, they knew they were naked. That is when they lost their purity, no more perfection for them!
And they were both naked (arummim), the man and his wife, and were not ashamed" (Gen. 2:25). Immediately after that we are told, "Now the serpent was more cunning (arum) than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made" (Gen. 3:1). In one verse the term arummim is used to mean "naked" and in the next verse the same basic root denotes "cunning" or "subtle." So, who or where was this snake, if not within the nature of man himself, as they were naked, subtle and cunning (or so they thought as they hid themselves)?

Old 07-11-2021, 10:31 AM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Quote:
Adam and Eve knew no evil, they had no idea what sin was. They were perfect and in a perfect atmosphere. If God had not placed the possibility of sin before them in the Tree of Good and Evil, sin would not have entered the world and we would not be in this mess.

When they sinned by disobeying God, everything fell with man. The plant world fell, the animal world fell, even the ground/soil fell. All that was perfect has now fallen into a curse, all because of sin.

God knew this would happen! So why did He allow it to happen? Some say God is unjust and cruel enjoying the suffering of man on this earth. Others say He lost control of His creation. This is stupidity to say the least.

Actually, the scripture doesn't straight out tell us why He placed that Tree in the Garden. After reading the thoughts of many Theologians through the years, I have come to the conclusion that God wanted to show man from the very beginning who he really is in his natural state. Man is self-seeking, a pleaser of himself, clearly seen in his believing the lie of Satan over God.

It's no secret God wants man to worship Him, but He will not have robots running about. He wants us to love, honor and worship Him of our own free will. The first step of achieving this is to show man who he really is left on his own. Man with this free will must choose what he will do with that free will. He has no choice but to make that choice, his way or God's way.

Personally, I look at this life we live, and a short time it really is compared to eternity, as the period of time God has given us to make that choice. Some have more time than others to make that choice, that is totally in the hands of God.

But make that choice we must, no way around it, ignoring it is the choice to ignore God and choose one's own way through this life. So this leaves us with the question, what is God's way?

His way is the way of life and our way is the way of death, spiritually speaking.

So we have an inevitable choice to make in this life. That choice will determine our final destiny after this life is over on this earth. It is without a doubt the most important decision man will ever make.

My thoughts:

There is no choice of our final destiny being offered here. "Every knee shall bow..." and the countless other clues in the bible tell me that we all end up in the same place, eventually.... back home with our creator. The Universalism thread is chock full of information, so I won't go into THAT aspect of this topic, but my viewpoint of ALL of mankind, ALL will be reconciled to their Creator is important to understand my perspective here.

God didn't put the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the garden for us to, as you put it:
Quote:
God wanted to show man from the very beginning who he really is in his natural state. Man is self-seeking, a pleaser of himself,
Why would we, in our natural state be "bad"? Did God not create us? Why would God create us "bad"? That does not make sense, does it? It does not make sense. The tree of the knowledge of good and evil was put into that garden because we were ignorant. We were not aware of something. We were innocent. Blissfully ignorant some might say. But contrary to popular opinion, ignorance is NOT bliss. And THAT is the KEY. The key that unlocks the mystery of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and why that tree was placed into that garden by our Creator. IGNORANCE is NOT bliss.

We need to KNOW and fully understand something. We were ignorant of who our Creator truly is, we were ignorant of LOVE. What love truly is. (Remember God IS Love. Love is the most powerful thing there is.) We were ignorant of the POWER of love, and we were ignorant of the destructive nature of NON-LOVE.

This world is the great contrast of love vs non-love. (In other words, what God IS and what God is NOT.) How better to understand our Creator, to understand the POWER and BEAUTY and BLISS than to experience the CONTRAST. Love vs non-love. We couldn't have understood it any better than to EXPERIENCE it. Experience the contrast for ourselves.

This "choice" you speak of is not the choice of our eternal destiny, the choice is about our choices in every moment while we are here on earth, to choose love (God) or to turn AWAY From God (love). Every single human being is making those choices in every moment across the globe. We are ALL learning together. The great fight of good vs evil is playing out everywhere across the globe. Do we face towards God or do we turn our backs to him? We are LEARNING. We are here to learn.

Every life lived is a book of life. Every life matters.

How would you know how wonderful the warm sun felt on your face, if you have never experienced the cold?
You are sitting in an air conditioned room and someone hands you a cool glass of water.
You have been walking in the hot desert for hours and someone hands you a cool glass of water.

The air conditioned you is the you before you decided to one day venture over to that tree and eat of the fruit, which opened your eyes. You were in peace, but you were not in bliss.
The desert you is the you after you ate of the fruit, had your eyes opened and finally came to the knowledge of the TRUTH of WHO your Creator is, (LOVE) and how unbelievably BEAUTIFUL and POWERFUL and just no words to describe.... (BLISS).

God created us.
God loves us.
God does NOT want us to be ignorant.
God wants us to truly and fully understand and EXPERIENCE the BLISS of eternity with Him.
It cannot happen until we experience it. What is "it"? The contrast. We have to experience the VOID that is left behind when we turn away from our beautiful Creator..... We have to work together, we have to see and understand what life is like without him, and with him, the contrast. WE HAVE TO UNDERSTAND. For our own GOOD! Otherwise, we are just sitting in that air conditioned room not getting it. Not understanding the GLORY of GOD.

God does NOT cause us to suffer. We cause each other to suffer by our OWN actions. We all have free will here and it is a GIFT, because of the END RESULT for EACH of us. To say that this life is a "choice we have to make that will determine our final destiny, either eternal bliss or eternal damnation" (that some people say) is an absolute PERVERSION of reality.

Choose LOVE or NON-LOVE. Every action trickles down and affects us all. We are, essentially ONE. The world looks the way it does because we all have free will.

In the end, EVERY knee will bow under the weight of HIS love.
Don't you understand? Don't you understand what this truly means for humanity?
We are all on the path heading back home. We are ALL on this path of the knowledge of good and evil. (love vs non-love). We are separated now, but in the end, every knee will bow. Every life lived, a book of life. We choose love and non-love every day of our lives. There is good in this world, there is evil in this world. But this world is not all there is. This world is a schoolyard. When the bell rings, you will go home, with your eyes opened, and your heart full of the JOY of the knowledge of WHO your Creator is. Ignorance is NOT bliss.

Peace,
sparrow

Old 07-11-2021, 11:37 AM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
My thoughts:

There is no choice of our final destiny being offered here. "Every knee shall bow..." and the countless other clues in the bible tell me that we all end up in the same place, eventually.... back home with our creator. The Universalism thread is chock full of information, so I won't go into THAT aspect of this topic, but my viewpoint of ALL of mankind, ALL will be reconciled to their Creator is important to understand my perspective here.

God didn't put the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the garden for us to, as you put it:

Why would we, in our natural state be "bad"? Did God not create us? Why would God create us "bad"? That does not make sense, does it? It does not make sense. The tree of the knowledge of good and evil was put into that garden because we were ignorant. We were not aware of something. We were innocent. Blissfully ignorant some might say. But contrary to popular opinion, ignorance is NOT bliss. And THAT is the KEY. The key that unlocks the mystery of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and why that tree was placed into that garden by our Creator. IGNORANCE is NOT bliss.

We need to KNOW and fully understand something. We were ignorant of who our Creator truly is, we were ignorant of LOVE. What love truly is. (Remember God IS Love. Love is the most powerful thing there is.) We were ignorant of the POWER of love, and we were ignorant of the destructive nature of NON-LOVE.

This world is the great contrast of love vs non-love. (In other words, what God IS and what God is NOT.) How better to understand our Creator, to understand the POWER and BEAUTY and BLISS than to experience the CONTRAST. Love vs non-love. We couldn't have understood it any better than to EXPERIENCE it. Experience the contrast for ourselves.

This "choice" you speak of is not the choice of our eternal destiny, the choice is about our choices in every moment while we are here on earth, to choose love (God) or to turn AWAY From God (love). Every single human being is making those choices in every moment across the globe. We are ALL learning together. The great fight of good vs evil is playing out everywhere across the globe. Do we face towards God or do we turn our backs to him? We are LEARNING. We are here to learn.

How would you know how wonderful the warm sun felt on your face, if you have never experienced the cold?
You are sitting in an air conditioned room and someone hands you a cool glass of water.
You have been walking in the hot desert for hours and someone hands you a cool glass of water.

The air conditioned you is the you before you decided to one day venture over to that tree and eat of the fruit, which opened your eyes. You were in peace, but you were not in bliss.
The desert you is the you after you ate of the fruit, had your eyes opened and finally came to the knowledge of the TRUTH of WHO your Creator is, (LOVE) and how unbelievably BEAUTIFUL and POWERFUL and just no words to describe.... (BLISS).

God created us.
God loves us.
God wants us to truly and fully understand and EXPERIENCE the BLISS of eternity with Him.
It cannot happen until we experience it. What is "it"? The contrast. We have to experience the VOID that is left behind when we turn away from our beautiful Creator..... We have to work together, we have to see and understand what life is like without him, and with him, the contrast. WE HAVE TO UNDERSTAND. For our own GOOD! Otherwise, we are just sitting in that air conditioned room not getting it. Not understanding the GLORY of GOD.

God does NOT cause us to suffer. We cause each other to suffer by our OWN actions. We all have free will here and it is a GIFT, because of the END RESULT for EACH of us. To say that this life is a "choice we have to make that will determine our final destiny, either eternal bliss or eternal damnation" (that some people say) is an absolute PERVERSION of reality.

Choose LOVE or NON-LOVE. Every action trickles down and affects us all. We are, essentially ONE. The world looks the way it does because we all have free will.

We are all on the path heading back home. We are ALL on this path of the knowledge of good and evil. (love vs non-love). We are separated now, but in the end, every knee will bow. Every life lived, a book of life. We choose love and non-love every day of our lives. There is good in this world, there is evil in this world. But this world is not all there is. This world is a schoolyard. When the bell rings, you will go home, with your eyes opened, and your heart full of the JOY of the knowledge of WHO your Creator is. Ignorance is NOT bliss.

Peace,
sparrow
Great witness, sparrow. So good to see you posting!

Old 07-11-2021, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Do you see this as a literal tree? Or, a page in a book that has filled you with pride?
Quote:
Of course the tree in the garden was a literal tree.
I suppose you believe it was an apple tree? And there was a serpent hanging from the branches?

Old 07-11-2021, 12:09 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,317,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
My thoughts:

God created us.
God loves us.

Peace,
sparrow
Yes, we all have our views! We simply disagree!

Old 07-11-2021, 09:27 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
And they were both naked (arummim), the man and his wife, and were not ashamed" (Gen. 2:25). Immediately after that we are told, "Now the serpent was more cunning (arum) than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made" (Gen. 3:1). In one verse the term arummim is used to mean "naked" and in the next verse the same basic root denotes "cunning" or "subtle." So, who or where was this snake, if not within the nature of man himself, as they were naked, subtle and cunning (or so they thought as they hid themselves)?
Wow! That's an interesting little bit of information!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity