Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2021, 02:20 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,383,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You said that he chooses based on what we will choose. That means that it's up to us. If that's the case he depends on us.

The Bible doesn't state that anywhere. I'd be curious what passage you base that on. On the other hand, Scripture is clear that he predestines us before the foundations of the world based on HIS will, not anything we do.
and it is His will that none perish, but all come to life.

the salvation of the world.

no? why not BF? if predestination is from the foundation of the world and God gets what he will and He wills the salvation of the world why is it you do not believe in it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2021, 02:24 PM

Quote:
You think God is responsible for sin? The Bible doesn't suggest that. What kind of imperfect, flawed god do you believe in?
well burning people alive for eternity (basically killing people very very slowly) is a sin.

Thou shalt not kill.

I don't have a flawed God, the God I believe in gets His hearts desire and can and will accomplish all he set out to do.

Old 07-13-2021, 02:25 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,009,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
and it is His will that none perish, but all come to life.
It's also his will that none would sin. But we do. So obviously what he wishes and what he allows are not the same thing.
Quote:
the salvation of the world.

no? why not BF? if predestination is from the foundation of the world and God gets what he will and He wills the salvation of the world why is it you do not believe in it?
Nowhere in Scripture do we see the idea of universal salvation. If there was, the apostles and those who have been martyred were suckers. But they willingly chose to go to their deaths in order to preach the Gospel.

Old 07-13-2021, 02:26 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
well burning people alive for eternity (basically killing people very very slowly) is a sin.

Thou shalt not kill.

I don't have a flawed God, the God I believe in gets His hearts desire and can and will accomplish all he set out to do.
The God that I serve does not infringe on the human right to make a free will decision as to whether or not I will serve Him.

While all of those who choose not to serve Him will all end up in the same place among murderers and thieves.

Old 07-13-2021, 02:27 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,009,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
The God that I serve does not infringe on the human right to make a free will decision as to whether or not I will serve Him.

While all of those who choose not to serve Him will all end up in the same place among murderers and thieves.
What do you base that on? Scripture doesn't suggest it.

Old 07-13-2021, 02:29 PM

Quote:
It's also his will that none would sin. But we do. So obviously what he wishes and what he allows are not the same thing.

You pit mans puny will against Gods will and give man the victory.

Quote:
Nowhere in Scripture do we see the idea of universal salvation. If there was, the apostles and those who have been martyred were suckers. But they willingly chose to go to their deaths in order to preach the Gospel.
and the gospel they preached was

Jesus Christ is the saviour of ALL MEN, specially/chiefly of those that believe. This command and teach

they were not the suckers BF you have been and it is time you opened your eyes.

Old 07-13-2021, 02:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Hey BF we actually agree on something.

Old 07-13-2021, 02:36 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,694 times
Quote:
The very fact that there is a heaven and a hell ought to tell you that what I have said is the reality.

Is not the judgment, where God places men either in heaven or in hell, a final separation of what is good and what is evil?

For there can be no evil in heaven, in order that heaven might truly be heavenly.

It just takes some thinking on your part about why God places people in hell in the first place.

It is because they won't be separated from their sin.

And because, at a specific point, all sin will be cast into the lake of fire no matter what choice certain people have made.

Old 07-13-2021, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Quote:
The very fact that there is a heaven and a hell ought to tell you that what I have said is the reality.

Is not the judgment, where God places men either in heaven or in hell, a final separation of what is good and what is evil?

For there can be no evil in heaven, in order that heaven might truly be heavenly.

It just takes some thinking on your part about why God places people in hell in the first place.

It is because they won't be separated from their sin.

And because, at a specific point, all sin will be cast into the lake of fire no matter what choice certain people have made.
he asked you for scripture and you said he just needs to think on it

Old 07-13-2021, 02:56 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,319,170 times
Quote:
First thing that comes to my mind is Rom. 10:13,

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

It is through the Gospel message that man will call on God, totally his choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity