Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2021, 03:09 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
First thing that comes to my mind is Rom. 10:13,

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

It is through the Gospel message that man will call on God, totally his choice.
You realize I completely agree with that. The elect will on the Lord. Nowhere does it say that he can choose between good and evil.

On the other hand, Romans 3 tells us that no one seeks God. So no, we don't do it on our own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2021, 03:15 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,321,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You realize I completely agree with that. The elect will on the Lord. Nowhere does it say that he can choose between good and evil.

On the other hand, Romans 3 tells us that no one seeks God. So no, we don't do it on our own.
I agree that man is totally depraved, and God has chosen the foolishness of the preaching of the Gospel to open his eyes to the truth. It is just as Joshua said,

Joshua 24:15

“And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."

it is a choice!

Old 07-13-2021, 03:32 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
You pit mans puny will against Gods will and give man the victory.

and the gospel they preached was

Jesus Christ is the saviour of ALL MEN, specially/chiefly of those that believe. This command and teach

they were not the suckers BF you have been and it is time you opened your eyes.

Old 07-13-2021, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
I agree that man is totally depraved, and God has chosen the foolishness of the preaching of the Gospel to open his eyes to the truth. It is just as Joshua said,

Joshua 24:15

“And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."

it is a choice!
Why would God have created totally depraved humans, Charlie???? That Calvinist garbage is pure human fecal matter!!!

Last edited by MysticPhD; 07-13-2021 at 04:02 PM..

Old 07-13-2021, 03:39 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,321,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Why would God have created totally depraved humans, Charlie???? That Calvinit garbage is pure human fecal matter!!!
Well, I agree with Calvin that man is totally depraved and will not seek God on his own, as Paul explained.

But that's as far as I can go with Calvin! Hardly a Calvinist view as I see it.

Old 07-13-2021, 03:48 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,843,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post

Mankind seeks God when he is drawn to Christ by the Holy Ghost.

Psa 27:8, When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.

Old 07-13-2021, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Mankind seeks God when he is drawn to Christ by the Holy Ghost.
If only you knew what this actually meant instead of your magical thinking nonsense that enables you to believe with states of mind that are completely the OPPOSITE of the Holy Spirit of God which is agape love. Whenever your state of mind is OPPOSITE of ANY of the below, you are NOT being guided by the Holy Spirit:

The Holy Spirit IS the True Nature of God revealed, described, and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus. He IS agape love, kindness, mercy, compassion, gentleness, unconditional acceptance, empathy, sympathy, tolerance, long-suffering, decency, friendliness, peacefulness, joyfulness, understanding, care, concern, solicitude, solicitousness, sensitivity, tender-heartedness, soft-heartedness, warm-heartedness, warmth, love, brotherly love, tenderness, gentleness, mercifulness, leniency, lenience, consideration, kindness, humanity, humaneness, kind-heartedness, charity, benevolence, and He is non-judgmental.

Since you believe in other spirits, especially Satan, that should worry you, but it doesn't seem to. Your mind simply does not work properly.

Old 07-13-2021, 04:27 PM

Quote:
If only you knew what this actually meant instead of your magical thinking nonsense that enables you to believe with states of mind that are completely the OPPOSITE of the Holy Spirit of God which is agape love. Whenever your state of mind is OPPOSITE of ANY of the below, you are NOT being guided by the Holy Spirit:

The Holy Spirit IS the True Nature of God revealed, described, and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus. He IS agape love, kindness, mercy, compassion, gentleness, unconditional acceptance, empathy, sympathy, tolerance, long-suffering, decency, friendliness, peacefulness, joyfulness, understanding, care, concern, solicitude, solicitousness, sensitivity, tender-heartedness, soft-heartedness, warm-heartedness, warmth, love, brotherly love, tenderness, gentleness, mercifulness, leniency, lenience, consideration, kindness, humanity, humaneness, kind-heartedness, charity, benevolence, and He is non-judgmental.

Since you believe in other spirits, especially Satan, that should worry you, but it doesn't seem to. Your mind simply does not work properly.
You have forgotten one important thing: that God is in fact JUST.

Jesus may indeed be non-judgmental; but the reality is that He is going to be the Judge of all the earth (Acts 17:31).

So, Jesus is going to judge the world in righteousness and justice.

Now, consider Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23; understanding that death means eternal separation from God.

Old 07-13-2021, 04:29 PM

Quote:

I have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16); who was also said to be beside Himself by His peers (Mark 3:21, John 10:20)..

Last edited by justbyfaith; 07-13-2021 at 04:53 PM..

Old 07-13-2021, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16).
Your mind is not REMOTELY like the mind of Christ. Your mind almost makes me believe in Satan, and that would be something! Jesus would never and could never accept the things you do or preach the things you do. How on earth did you ever acquire such a sick view of the character of Jesus? I assure you, it was no Holy Spirit that corrupted your mind that way with the doctrine of demons and damnation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity