Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2021, 10:06 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Your mind is not REMOTELY like the mind of Christ. Your mind almost makes me believe in Satan, and that would be something! Jesus would never and could never accept the things you do or preach the things you do. How on earth did you ever acquire such a sick view of the character of Jesus? I assure you, it was no Holy Spirit that corrupted your mind that way with the doctrine of demons and damnation.
I have only been promoting the doctrines of holy scripture.

And if that makes you believe in satan; well, satan is a very real person who is the enemy of our souls.

But if you are saying that the doctrines that I am giving you seem to you to be the doctrines of satan, then I'm afraid you are accusing the doctrines of the Holy Spirit of being satanic.

And I would also say that this is the judgment of your carnal mind.

Not to mention it is borderline blasphemy of the Holy Spirit if it doesn't cross the line.

But even if it is, there is hope for you; for, while you have never forgiveness if you have committed that unpardonable sin, it is nevertheless true that the Lord offers you the equivalent of forgiveness in 2 Samuel 14:14 and Acts 3:19.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2021, 03:05 AM

614 posts, read 173,278 times
I think God put the tree in the garden for us. At some point, we were going to be encouraged to partake, assuming we hadn't already crept round the back way and gotten ourselves a taste.

Genesis is not just about a creation that has already taken place. Our partaking of the fruit, and working through it, was baked into the cake, so to speak. The last thousand years roughly corresponds to the sixth day, when man was created. It also corresponds to the age of science and enlightenment, among other disciplines that man had finally arrived in rather than pretending he knew anything about them.

Another thing, besides our salvation, that never gets mentioned is how the thing that Jesus did was to accomplish a work where the Holy Spirit could now be more directly involved with the world. Because Jesus was a flesh and blood man, and because He was the son of the Father, the Holy Spirit and Jesus were now one. When the outpouring happened, the Spirit was released into the world. All sorts of things besides what was going on with the Apostles took place. The Spirit spoke to more people than that, in ways that brought answers for things that were important to people on all sorts of levels besides those of the Apostles. All this time, God has been at work in the world.

Old 07-14-2021, 05:28 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
You have forgotten one important thing: that God is in fact JUST.

Jesus may indeed be non-judgmental; but the reality is that He is going to be the Judge of all the earth (Acts 17:31).

So, Jesus is going to judge the world in righteousness and justice.

Now, consider Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23; understanding that death means eternal separation from God.
there is NO justice in eternally tormenting people because they do not believe in Jesus, that is pure stupidity. You make Jesus the author of eternal torment and you cannot even see it.

Old 07-14-2021, 05:30 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
I have only been promoting the doctrines of holy scripture.

And if that makes you believe in satan; well, satan is a very real person who is the enemy of our souls.

But if you are saying that the doctrines that I am giving you seem to you to be the doctrines of satan, then I'm afraid you are accusing the doctrines of the Holy Spirit of being satanic.

And I would also say that this is the judgment of your carnal mind.

Not to mention it is borderline blasphemy of the Holy Spirit if it doesn't cross the line.

But even if it is, there is hope for you; for, while you have never forgiveness if you have committed that unpardonable sin, it is nevertheless true that the Lord offers you the equivalent of forgiveness in 2 Samuel 14:14 and Acts 3:19.
everything you teach is blaspheme as you keep teaching God missed his mark/sinned.

Old 07-14-2021, 08:28 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
Mankind seeks God when he is drawn to Christ by the Holy Ghost.

Psa 27:8, When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.
Who wrote that? Do you know? It wasn't a general statement about all of mankind.

God does command all men to seek him. Yet, we are born with sin natures. So Scripture tells us that before we were born, he knew us, and he predestined us.

Old 07-14-2021, 08:44 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Your mind is not REMOTELY like the mind of Christ. Your mind almost makes me believe in Satan, and that would be something! Jesus would never and could never accept the things you do or preach the things you do. How on earth did you ever acquire such a sick view of the character of Jesus? I assure you, it was no Holy Spirit that corrupted your mind that way with the doctrine of demons and damnation.
Don't know about anyone else, but I can just FEEL the agape love oozing from Mystic. Wow.

Old 07-14-2021, 09:12 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,168,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Don't know about anyone else, but I can just FEEL the agape love oozing from Mystic. Wow.
The tree symbolized the law and was a test. Satan the famous twister of scripture had Adam thinking maybe God was wrong and he could be like him if he only knew right from wrong. Bad idea. The law saves no one it only points out where you've failed. Satan still uses this line today and it is very effective, sometimes entire denominations are pushing something similiar. Try to improve where you can perhaps put Jesus in your debt you are so righteous......... LOL

Old 07-14-2021, 10:47 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
So, you’re saying that G-d is narcissistic?...Josef Mengele did the same thing to people to bring glory of the Third Reich...

Old 07-14-2021, 10:50 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am I a Prophet View Post
I think God put the tree in the garden for us. At some point, we were going to be encouraged to partake, assuming we hadn't already crept round the back way and gotten ourselves a taste.

Genesis is not just about a creation that has already taken place. Our partaking of the fruit, and working through it, was baked into the cake, so to speak. The last thousand years roughly corresponds to the sixth day, when man was created. It also corresponds to the age of science and enlightenment, among other disciplines that man had finally arrived in rather than pretending he knew anything about them.

Another thing, besides our salvation, that never gets mentioned is how the thing that Jesus did was to accomplish a work where the Holy Spirit could now be more directly involved with the world. Because Jesus was a flesh and blood man, and because He was the son of the Father, the Holy Spirit and Jesus were now one. When the outpouring happened, the Spirit was released into the world. All sorts of things besides what was going on with the Apostles took place. The Spirit spoke to more people than that, in ways that brought answers for things that were important to people on all sorts of levels besides those of the Apostles. All this time, God has been at work in the world.

Old 07-14-2021, 12:50 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
The very fact that there is a heaven and a hell ought to tell you that what I have said is the reality.

Is not the judgment, where God places men either in heaven or in hell, a final separation of what is good and what is evil?

For there can be no evil in heaven, in order that heaven might truly be heavenly.

It just takes some thinking on your part about why God places people in hell in the first place.

It is because they won't be separated from their sin.

And because, at a specific point, all sin will be cast into the lake of fire no matter what choice certain people have made.
Not much that you say has anything to do with reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity