Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2021, 02:43 PM

23,174 posts, read 10,463,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I have only been promoting the doctrines of holy scripture.

And if that makes you believe in satan; well, satan is a very real person who is the enemy of our souls.

But if you are saying that the doctrines that I am giving you seem to you to be the doctrines of satan, then I'm afraid you are accusing the doctrines of the Holy Spirit of being satanic.

And I would also say that this is the judgment of your carnal mind.

Not to mention it is borderline blasphemy of the Holy Spirit if it doesn't cross the line.

But even if it is, there is hope for you; for, while you have never forgiveness if you have committed that unpardonable sin, it is nevertheless true that the Lord offers you the equivalent of forgiveness in 2 Samuel 14:14 and Acts 3:19.
Mystic hasnt blasphemed the holy spirit, a person has to have the holy spirit to do that, and nobody has had it in 2000 years. There are only people that claim to have a power from a Jewish feast, and not one has any power.

All you people claiming to have power from a religion you arent in, from a freaking feast you dont believe in, as if you are born again lol. Paul taught his Gentiles Judaism, the feasts and the law and prophets, and they couldnt even be born again, now you people not even in the religion of Christ are claiming the benifits of a religion you ain't in

Nothing shy of ridiculous and bizarro.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2021, 03:04 PM

63,832 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Your mind is not REMOTELY like the mind of Christ. Your mind almost makes me believe in Satan, and that would be something! Jesus would never and could never accept the things you do or preach the things you do. How on earth did you ever acquire such a sick view of the character of Jesus? I assure you, it was no Holy Spirit that corrupted your mind that way with the doctrine of demons and damnation.
Quote:
I have only been promoting the doctrines of holy scripture.

And if that makes you believe in satan; well, satan is a very real person who is the enemy of our souls.

But if you are saying that the doctrines that I am giving you seem to you to be the doctrines of satan, then I'm afraid you are accusing the doctrines of the Holy Spirit of being satanic.

And I would also say that this is the judgment of your carnal mind.

Not to mention it is borderline blasphemy of the Holy Spirit if it doesn't cross the line.

But even if it is, there is hope for you; for, while you have never forgiveness if you have committed that unpardonable sin, it is nevertheless true that the Lord offers you the equivalent of forgiveness in 2 Samuel 14:14 and Acts 3:19.
No, you haven't been promoting the doctrine from the holy scriptures. You are following the "precepts and doctrines of men" because you make no effort to determine what is and is not scripture based on God's Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus. You blindly accept everything written by men in the Bible as holy scripture, in my mind, ignoring and blaspheming the Holy Spirit you are supposed to be guided by.

Old 07-15-2021, 12:39 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
there is NO justice in eternally tormenting people because they do not believe in Jesus, that is pure stupidity. You make Jesus the author of eternal torment and you cannot even see it.
The eternal condemnation has to do with breaking God's law and the just penalty for that.

Because in order to deal with the sin nature, a man must be born again.

Therefore if someone enters into eternity without the sin nature having been taken care of, they will add sin to sin while they are suffering in hell (I can see them blaspheming God for the fact that they are in hell).

Jesus died on the Cross, not only to bring forgiveness, but to deal with the sin nature; for those who receive what He did for them in paying the penalty for their sins.

And yes, I do think that it is a kind of insanity that leads people to reject this when the solution that is presented is such an easy proposition.

Eph 2:8, For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9, Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Rom 4:4, Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
Rom 4:5, But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
Rom 4:6, Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
Rom 4:7, Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
Rom 4:8, Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
everything you teach is blaspheme as you keep teaching God missed his mark/sinned.
No, I do not.

Because what God aimed for had to do with giving mankind a degree of his own sovereignty, so that he might be able to choose for himself whether or not to serve and worship the Lord with his life.

God did not want a bunch of robots, saying "I love you" merely because they were programmed to do. Such a thing would not be meaningful in such a case as it is in God's real program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Not much that you say has anything to do with reality.
***wishful thinking***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Mystic hasnt blasphemed the holy spirit, a person has to have the holy spirit to do that, and nobody has had it in 2000 years. There are only people that claim to have a power from a Jewish feast, and not one has any power.

All you people claiming to have power from a religion you arent in, from a freaking feast you dont believe in, as if you are born again lol. Paul taught his Gentiles Judaism, the feasts and the law and prophets, and they couldnt even be born again, now you people not even in the religion of Christ are claiming the benifits of a religion you ain't in

Nothing shy of ridiculous and bizarro.
People have indeed been indwelt by the Holy Spirit in the last 2,000 years.

Act 2:38, Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39, For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

If anyone has believed, then they have been indwelt by and sealed by the Holy Ghost.

Eph 1:13, In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Eph 1:14, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No, you haven't been promoting the doctrine from the holy scriptures. You are following the "precepts and doctrines of men" because you make no effort to determine what is and is not scripture based on God's Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus. You blindly accept everything written by men in the Bible as holy scripture, in my mind, ignoring and blaspheming the Holy Spirit you are supposed to be guided by.
Again, you have to cut out of your Bible that which you do not hold to be scripture; and that means that Revelation 22:18-19 says that your name is taken out of the Book of Life.

You do not hold Jesus to have said what the Bible says that He said in John 14:26, 16:13. For there He substantiated Peter's writings.

And Peter substantiated Paul's writings in 2 Peter 3:15-16.

So, how is it that you do not believe that which is written by Paul?

2Ti 3:16, All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17, That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Old 07-15-2021, 12:43 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
What part of John 14:26 and John 16:13 is against the principle of God's agape love; other than the fact that it indirectly substantiates all of holy scripture (which you say is against that principle)?

Old 07-15-2021, 01:21 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,391,988 times
Quote:
The eternal condemnation has to do with breaking God's law and the just penalty for that.

it is not eternal JBF. Adam and eve broke Gods law and are not being eternally tormented, in fact they would be saved in childbearing. And they were put out of the garden so that they would not eat from the tree of life and live forever in their sins. Yet you teach the exact opposite saying they will continue to sin forever.

Quote:
Because in order to deal with the sin nature, a man must be born again.

Therefore if someone enters into eternity without the sin nature having been taken care of, they will add sin to sin while they are suffering in hell (I can see them blaspheming God for the fact that they are in hell).
Total opposite of the reason God sent Adam and eve from the garden.

Quote:
Jesus died on the Cross, not only to bring forgiveness, but to deal with the sin nature; for those who receive what He did for them in paying the penalty for their sins.
You do now scripture say that He takes away the sin of the world correct? so why do you proclaim he does not.

Quote:
And yes, I do think that it is a kind of insanity that leads people to reject this when the solution that is presented is such an easy proposition.

Eph 2:8, For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9, Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Rom 4:4, Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
Rom 4:5, But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
Rom 4:6, Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
Rom 4:7, Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
Rom 4:8, Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.

Quote:
No, I do not.

Because what God aimed for had to do with giving mankind a degree of his own sovereignty, so that he might be able to choose for himself whether or not to serve and worship the Lord with his life.

God did not want a bunch of robots, saying "I love you" merely because they were programmed to do. Such a thing would not be meaningful in such a case as it is in God's real program.
Nonsense, Gods aim was for the salvation of the world, to take away the sins of the world, thus your belief is definitely saying God missed His mark/sinned as you don't believe he can accomplish what He intended to do. You are laughing at God saying he started to build but is unable to finish what He started.

Time to wake up JBF and realize you are fighting against God.

Old 07-15-2021, 01:30 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
If I could post the irony meter gif you'd get it. You won the award for the week.

Old 07-15-2021, 01:36 PM

33,256 posts, read 26,470,212 times
Why Did God Place the Tree of Good and Evil in the Garden?
What's a garden without trees?

Old 07-15-2021, 05:01 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
The very fact that there is a heaven and a hell ought to tell you that what I have said is the reality.

Is not the judgment, where God places men either in heaven or in hell, a final separation of what is good and what is evil?

For there can be no evil in heaven, in order that heaven might truly be heavenly.

It just takes some thinking on your part about why God places people in hell in the first place.

It is because they won't be separated from their sin.

And because, at a specific point, all sin will be cast into the lake of fire no matter what choice certain people have made.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
If I could post the irony meter gif you'd get it. You won the award for the week.
But the Christian HELL is not reality. Neither is much of what you believe.

Old 07-15-2021, 05:12 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Why Did God Place the Tree of Good and Evil in the Garden?
What's a garden without trees?
Quite right!

Old 07-15-2021, 05:21 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
But the Christian HELL is not reality. Neither is much of what you believe.
Not how they have perceived it with their imaginations- no

Hell, hades, lake of fire are literary devices that are used to explain certain religious/theological things.

In Romans we are told that the wise come fools because of how they use their imaginations/thoughts
Vain=
G3154***(Strong)
ματαιόω
mataioō
mat-ah-yo'-o
From G3152; to render (passively become) foolish, that is, (morally) wicked or (specifically) idolatrous: - become vain.

Imaginations =

G1261***(Strong)
διαλογισμός
dialogismos
dee-al-og-is-mos'
From G1260; discussion, that is, (internal) consideration (by implication purpose), or (external) debate: - dispute, doubtful (-ing), imagination, reasoning, thought.

Rom 1:21**Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22**Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23**And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity