Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2021, 12:39 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,843,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Telling us ABOUT the Word of God is not the same as Jesus Himself BEING the Word of God. You do not believe or follow Jesus, you believe and follow the Bible which is NOT what Jesus wants. He wants us to follow HIM. You seem to be the Gnostic here. You want us to KNOW (Gnosis) and believe everything in the Bible. Jesus said follow ME, not some nonexistent Bible that tells us ABOUT Him.
It is written of Him in the volume of the Book (Hebrews 10:7).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You have no original manuscripts, only copies of copies. As for the English language it continues to evolve and the meaning of words continually change. Whereas, the original languages are set in their meaning. If you hadn't noticed, many of the definitions of certain words are merely based on the thoughts of people (i.e., Christians), like those of hell, eternal punishment and that of the devil or Satan. It is what you believe that defines them, often times vacating the original languages themselves.

An example is that of hell which was merely the grave, however it has evolved into the underworld or the false ideologies of Christianism which is syncretistic. But I wouldn't expect that you really care much, and would rather spit those erroneous beliefs out of your mouth. Believing you have all the answers, and everyone else is wrong. When in reality it is you who have erred from the truth, and your ignorance is not impressing anyone. A few have tried to get you to understand but all you do is dig your heels in deeper.
My contention that God preserved His unadulterated word in the kjv is not based on any of that; it is based on the sovereignty, Omnipotence, and love of God.

He will not allow His unadulterated message to be lost to the common people since it is that message that brings salvation; and He wants the salvation of all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2021, 06:09 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
My contention that God preserved His unadulterated word in the kjv is not based on any of that; it is based on the sovereignty, Omnipotence, and love of God.
***wishful thinking***

Old 07-18-2021, 02:56 PM

Quote:
***wishful thinking***
Perhaps.

However, my wishes tend to come true;

And, also, the basis for my "wishful thinking" is solidly based in reality.

Old 07-18-2021, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Perhaps.

However, my wishes tend to come true;

And, also, the basis for my "wishful thinking" is solidly based in reality.
There isn't much that you say, which is based or predicated on, or in reality.

Old 07-18-2021, 10:55 PM

Quote:
There isn't much that you say, which is based or predicated on, or in reality.
That's what you think.

And,

***wishful thinking***

Old 07-19-2021, 04:14 AM

Quote:
That's what you think.
There isn't much that you say, which is based on reality; it's a damaged ego.

Old 07-19-2021, 12:03 PM

Quote:
There isn't much that you say, which is based on reality.
No; for what I am saying is based in holy scripture.

So, in making your assertion, I assume that you are saying that you do not believe that scripture is reality.

Old 07-19-2021, 01:05 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
He will not allow His unadulterated message to be lost to the common people since it is that message that brings salvation; and He wants the salvation of all.
To me God preserved His unadulterated Word ( Scripture) in the ancient manuscripts.
KJV has a lot of out-of-date English words in it.
So, one needs to compare the ancient manuscripts to have a more comprehensive preservation of God's Word.
For example: we can take a Greek/ English Interlinear translation to compare verses word for word.
For spiritual light (Psalm 119:105) grows brighter and brighter with the passing of time - Proverbs 4:18

Old 07-19-2021, 01:43 PM

Quote:

So, in making your assertion, I assume that you are saying that you do not believe that scripture is reality.
It's the written perceptions of men over time, not the inerrant or infallible word of a God. In other words, you create your own realities or beliefs based on your own perceptions, however that doesn't mean they are factual or real. Now, if you want to believe in a fiery hellhole of damnation - that's up to you. But that doesn't mean that everyone else is going to follow you and your perceptions, which really are not your perceptions to begin with - you merely adopted or borrowed them from others - as if, they were your own.

Personally, I find many things inspiring throughout the Scriptures, but not always factual, nor something that I need to adhere to. Especially, when coming from an arrogant, self-righteous person with insecurities, and his fears of an afterlife, having a believe this, or else mentality.

Old 07-19-2021, 02:10 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Much of what you claim is holy scripture contains Jewish fables, endless genealogies, old wives' tales, commandments of men, and such which are hardly all reality!

1 Timothy 1:4
Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

1 Timothy 4:7
But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.

2 Timothy 4:4
And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Titus 1:14
Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

2 Peter 1:16
For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity