Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2021, 02:35 PM

3,831 posts, read 1,386,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
To me God preserved His unadulterated Word ( Scripture) in the ancient manuscripts.
KJV has a lot of out-of-date English words in it.
So, one needs to compare the ancient manuscripts to have a more comprehensive preservation of God's Word.
For example: we can take a Greek/ English Interlinear translation to compare verses word for word.
For spiritual light (Psalm 119:105) grows brighter and brighter with the passing of time - Proverbs 4:18
Where did He put the table of contents?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2021, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
It is written of Him in the volume of the Book (Hebrews 10:7).
My contention that God preserved His unadulterated word in the kjv is not based on any of that; it is based on the sovereignty, Omnipotence, and love of God.
He will not allow His unadulterated message to be lost to the common people since it is that message that brings salvation; and He wants the salvation of all.
Where did He put the table of contents of the Book?

Old 07-19-2021, 11:45 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
To me God preserved His unadulterated Word ( Scripture) in the ancient manuscripts.
KJV has a lot of out-of-date English words in it.
So, one needs to compare the ancient manuscripts to have a more comprehensive preservation of God's Word.
For example: we can take a Greek/ English Interlinear translation to compare verses word for word.
For spiritual light (Psalm 119:105) grows brighter and brighter with the passing of time - Proverbs 4:18
So, why do you not consider the ancient Greek words in the ancient manuscripts to be outdated? They are older, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It's the written perceptions of men over time, not the inerrant or infallible word of a God. In other words, you create your own realities or beliefs based on your own perceptions, however that doesn't mean they are factual or real. Now, if you want to believe in a fiery hellhole of damnation - that's up to you. But that doesn't mean that everyone else is going to follow you and your perceptions, which really are not your perceptions to begin with - you merely adopted or borrowed them from others - as if, they were your own.

Personally, I find many things inspiring throughout the Scriptures, but not always factual, nor something that I need to adhere to. Especially, when coming from an arrogant, self-righteous person with insecurities, and his fears of an afterlife, having a believe this, or else mentality.
I have never denied that I get my perceptions from the Holy Bible...for I consider it to be the word of God.

Jesus was such a person as what you are speaking of. For He said,

Jhn 5:24, Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

and,

Jhn 6:47, Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

Now in saying these things He did place it in the positive which means that the negative opposite is also true.

If those who believe in Jesus and the Father have everlasting life, then those who do not believe do not have everlasting (abundant) life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Much of what you claim is holy scripture contains Jewish fables, endless genealogies, old wives' tales, commandments of men, and such which are hardly all reality!

1 Timothy 1:4
Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

1 Timothy 4:7
But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.

2 Timothy 4:4
And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Titus 1:14
Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

2 Peter 1:16
For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
There are no fables in holy scripture. Consider the context of one of the scriptures that you quoted.

2Ti 4:1, I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2Ti 4:2, Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3, For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4, And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

There is a contrast between the fables and sound doctrine which is found in the word that Paul is commanding Timothy to preach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Where did He put the table of contents?
Quote:
Generally, it is placed at the beginning of the work.

Old 07-20-2021, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Quote:
/snip/
Generally, it is placed at the beginning of the work.
Which apostle wrote it?

Old 07-20-2021, 06:14 AM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
It is written of Him in the volume of the Book (Hebrews 10:7).

My contention that God preserved His unadulterated word in the kjv is not based on any of that; it is based on the sovereignty, Omnipotence, and love of God.

He will not allow His unadulterated message to be lost to the common people since it is that message that brings salvation; and He wants the salvation of all.
There is no better than the kjv with NT, of course having a JPS is priority for old Testament and one needs to collect Jps bibles from different years because of the foot notes.

Kjv for NT beats everything and the way you check a good NT is checking Corinthians 14 and the parrables, especially the parrable of the leaven, kjv gets it right, but a multitude of other bibles get it wrong because you cant change a single word in a parable.

First place I look is where it says, '' Mixed in 3 measures of meal.''

Many other bibles omit the 3, and the 3 is the most important word in that sentence. I got all excited about the first Jewish NT when it came out but it was the worst bible I ever saw.

Old 07-20-2021, 07:21 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
Again, I am of the opinion that God preserved His unadulterated message when it was translated into English.

The common people heard Jesus gladly while the educated scribes and Pharisees rejected Him.

If the Bible is only accurate to us in the original languages, then educated Greek and Hebrew scholars have a monopoly on being able to know the unadulterated message of the whole counsel of God / the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I believe that God gives that unadulterated message to the common people by making it accurate to us in the English language (in the kjv).
the same thing can be said of the KJV, those who read and speak English would have a monopoly on being able to know the unadulterated message of the whole counsel of God / the gospel of Jesus Christ.

You are suppose to study to show yourself a workman of God, you don't seem to want to do the work.

Old 07-20-2021, 11:32 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
I have never denied that I get my perceptions from the Holy Bible...for I consider it to be the word of God.
Jesus was such a person as what you are speaking of. For He said,
Jhn 5:24, Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
and,
Jhn 6:47, Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
Now in saying these things He did place it in the positive which means that the negative opposite is also true.
If those who believe in Jesus and the Father have everlasting life, then those who do not believe do not have everlasting (abundant) life
Then why do you rely on the Bible instead of Jesus. It does NOT say believe in the Bible!!! You completely ignore Jesus and rely entirely on the Bible to your own peril.
Quote:
There are no fables in holy scripture. Consider the context of one of the scriptures that you quoted.

2Ti 4:1, I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2Ti 4:2, Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3, For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4, And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

There is a contrast between the fables and sound doctrine which is found in the word that Paul is commanding Timothy to preach.
YOU believe in fables and THINK they are sound doctrine because you test NOTHING against God's Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus. You do NOT believe in Jesus. You believe in the Bible!

Old 07-20-2021, 11:54 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It's the written perceptions of men over time, not the inerrant or infallible word of a God. In other words, you create your own realities or beliefs based on your own perceptions, however that doesn't mean they are factual or real. Now, if you want to believe in a fiery hellhole of damnation - that's up to you. But that doesn't mean that everyone else is going to follow you and your perceptions, which really are not your perceptions to begin with - you merely adopted or borrowed them from others - as if, they were your own.

Personally, I find many things inspiring throughout the Scriptures, but not always factual, nor something that I need to adhere to. Especially, when coming from an arrogant, self-righteous person with insecurities, and his fears of an afterlife, having a believe this, or else mentality.
Quote:
Yet, it's the perception of other men, and their beliefs from various cultures.

Old 07-20-2021, 08:40 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
Then why do you rely on the Bible instead of Jesus. It does NOT say believe in the Bible!!! You completely ignore Jesus and rely entirely on the Bible to your own peril. YOU believe in fables and THINK they are sound doctrine because you test NOTHING against God's Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus. You do NOT believe in Jesus. You believe in the Bible!
What you accuse them of, you are guilty of, and you dont play fair in the least, you are talking to a person who believes the bible is the word of God, they are consistantly correct, and your agape love is consistantly wrong.

You have developed your own religion from the bible but you dont even believe your own foundation.

Old 07-20-2021, 11:53 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:
Which apostle wrote it?
The table of contents was written not by an apostle but by those who compiled the Bible into what it is today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
the same thing can be said of the KJV, those who read and speak English would have a monopoly on being able to know the unadulterated message of the whole counsel of God / the gospel of Jesus Christ.

You are suppose to study to show yourself a workman of God, you don't seem to want to do the work.
I would say to this that there is the Alexandrian text and there is the Received Text, which the kjv is based on.

If we translate the Bible into another language from the Received Text, I probably would not have a problem with such a Bible. The Alexandrian text, however, does the Bible the disservice of taking from holy scripture entire words, phrases, paragraphs, even whole passages out of the pages of holy scripture; and therefore those who follow such Bibles as are translated from them are guilty of taking away from God's word, and are more guilty if they know of it and continue to read such translations. See Revelation 22:18-19.

Quote:
Then why do you rely on the Bible instead of Jesus. It does NOT say believe in the Bible!!! You completely ignore Jesus and rely entirely on the Bible to your own peril. YOU believe in fables and THINK they are sound doctrine because you test NOTHING against God's Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus. You do NOT believe in Jesus. You believe in the Bible!
Again, the authors of holy scripture were tested and found to be true apostles by the early church (Revelation 2:2)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity