Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2021, 12:14 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
I would agree with that and say that if man doesn't want the righteousness of God he can choose not to accept it and live in unrighteousness with all the consequences of such!

If he wants no part of God, then God wants no part of him! Man gets his way in the end!
Then, you do not know God, nor his ways and heart towards mankind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2021, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
From the beginning in the Garden of Eden, it's been made apparent that God created mankind for relationship with himself. Of course, God could have simply created robots (like so many Stepford wives), but, in order to have a true love-based relationship, mankind had to be able to freely choose OR ignore/ reject God's ways, truth, love, mercy, grace and relationship.

Since sin and evil cannot abide in God's Holy presence and light, Earth was created for mankind. The 'forbidden tree/fruit' was placed in the Garden of Eden by God, to give mankind a choice between good and evil, Satan was permitted to rise-up in an effort to make himself higher than God. God could have cast Satan down to anyplace in the universe, but chose to cast him down for a specific role and purpose on Earth.
That role/purpose is to use temptation, deceit and lies to persuade men to disobey God and truth, in favor of Satan's lies and deceit.

Satan (created by God as a type of angel), can only operate within God's restrictions and cannot 'force' people to do anything (or, of course, overcome/overpower God). God, likewise, does not 'force' people to obey Him or follow His will, although His ultimate desire and will is that mankind will make that choice.

Today, the tree/fruit in the garden of Eden are a metaphor for the fleshly things of this world which draw
human worship/allegiance and obedience away from God.
It's man who exalts himself, much as you continually do with your particular beliefs.

Old 07-09-2021, 02:00 PM

63,843 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
"It's no secret God wants man to worship Him,"
God wants people to pay attention to God's message, not worship. There was another message from Moloch.
Quote:
Duval, I have no words!
You have no words because you do not know our Father in heaven. You worship some satanic being like Moloch who desires worship and needs blood sacrifices to enable Him to forgive or else He will torment you forever in Hell.

Old 07-09-2021, 02:05 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You have no words because you do not know our Father in heaven. You worship some satanic being like Moloch who desires worship and needs blood sacrifices to enable Him to forgive or else He will torment you forever in Hell.
Yeah, I know, I feel sorry for poor ol' Charlie, don't you?

Last edited by Charlie24; 07-09-2021 at 02:23 PM..

Old 07-09-2021, 02:21 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
There was no tree in a garden for satan; and he fell because of pride.

I believe that the Lord placed the tree in the garden in order to make man's decision to rebel against the Lord a more clear-cut proposition. Man's rebellion would be exemplified in a specific act; in taking of the fruit of the tree; whereas satan's rebellion was more esoteric in nature; it was something that happened on the inside of him before anything else.

Old 07-09-2021, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
There was no tree in a garden for satan; and he fell because of pride.

I believe that the Lord placed the tree in the garden in order to make man's decision to rebel against the Lord a more clear-cut proposition. Man's rebellion would be exemplified in a specific act; in taking of the fruit of the tree; whereas satan's rebellion was more esoteric in nature; it was something that happened on the inside of him before anything else.
Do you see this as a literal tree? Or, a page in a book that has filled you with pride?

Old 07-09-2021, 02:41 PM

Of course the tree in the garden was a literal tree.

Old 07-09-2021, 03:11 PM

63,843 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I know, I feel sorry for poor ol' Charlie, don't you?
Yes, I do because you are very sincere thinking you are following what God wants from us. If you would only just TEST what you believe against what Jesus unambiguously demonstrated about God's Holy Spirit, you would stop promoting a Moloch-type God! You would become an awesome asset to Jesus if you did. As it is, I am afraid you will be responsible for keeping more people away from God.

Old 07-09-2021, 03:20 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
That is quite a misunderstanding you have there, Richard!

Satan can only cause one harm by causing you to cause harm to yourself!

How does he do that?

Peter said Satan walks to and fro on the earth seeking whom he may devour.

The lure and enticement of sin is how he does it.

The cohorts with Satan know your weaknesses better than you, they watch every move you make, the just that is.

They put that weakness before you when you least expect it, they bombard your mind with the former pleasures of sin you once knew, the sins you desire and have never done. They know about all of it.

That's where Paul tells to fight the good fight of faith! It is our faith in Christ that delivers us from these attacks. Our battle is not against flesh and blood on this earth, but from powers of darkness in high places seeking to separate us from our faith.
Are you hooked up to the kool aid intravenously?...

Old 07-09-2021, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Yes, I do because you are very sincere thinking you are following what God wants from us. If you would only just TEST what you believe against what Jesus unambiguously demonstrated about God's Holy Spirit, you would stop promoting a Moloch-type God! You would become an awesome asset to Jesus if you did. As it is, I am afraid you will be responsible for keeping more people away from God.
Where do you get the information that tells you what Jesus unambiguously demonstrated about God's Holy Spirit?

How do you know that that information is viable?

If you throw out other things in holy scripture, how is the scripture that you base your faith on, viable in your opinion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity