Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2021, 09:55 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Interesting that you would say that, because when we (LDS) sing "How Great Thou Art," we actually sing that one word differently. We sing:

"Oh, Lord, my God,
When I in awesome wonder
Consider all the worlds thy hands have made."
That’s how I always remember it as being ... and I think of it as being all “parts” or “worlds” Of the whole

Whether Jew/gentile, slave/free, male/female ..... all under the same “head”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2021, 11:13 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,463,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
That’s how I always remember it as being ... and I think of it as being all “parts” or “worlds” Of the whole

Whether Jew/gentile, slave/free, male/female ..... all under the same “head”
Yeah, it's just as insulting as the many other times you tried to insinuate that there was no difference, heck, a 5 year old could see the difference.

What sort of logic or reason is there when you throw that scripture out ?

No more difference in Jew and Gentile?

There is no difference between you and your religion and Richard and his religion?

You are looking back on a loving marriage of two people becoming one people and you toss that scripture out as if there is no difference between you and a Jew lol. You are insinuating that you are as one with Jews, AS A JEW.

How is there no difference in Male and female when there clearly is,?

When the Male and female marry and become one?

That's a hell of a thing, in order for two people to become one in a marriage, the betrothed has to stop being the enemy to her bridegroom.

Israel and Judah become one when Gentiles are grafted and adopted into Israel, and that just is not modern Christianity.

Old 07-09-2021, 11:47 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Yeah, it's just as insulting as the many other times you tried to insinuate that there was no difference, heck, a 5 year old could see the difference.

What sort of logic or reason is there when you throw that scripture out ?

No more difference in Jew and Gentile?

There is no difference between you and your religion and Richard and his religion?

You are looking back on a loving marriage of two people becoming one people and you toss that scripture out as if there is no difference between you and a Jew lol. You are insinuating that you are as one with Jews, AS A JEW.

How is there no difference in Male and female when there clearly is,?

When the Male and female marry and become one?

That's a hell of a thing, in order for two people to become one in a marriage, the betrothed has to stop being the enemy to her bridegroom.

Israel and Judah become one when Gentiles are grafted and adopted into Israel, and that just is not modern Christianity.
Individually on earth there is a difference, no doubt about it

I’m speaking of the upper

It all depends on your perspective

Old 07-10-2021, 12:25 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Here, Mystic;

Allow me test your spirit.

Do you confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh?

The last time I asked you this, I got crickets.
Again, I'm hearing nothing but crickets.

You presume to test the Spirit of God but when your spirit is tested, you apparently cannot do anything but fail the test.

1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7.

Old 07-10-2021, 06:02 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Again, I'm hearing nothing but crickets.

You presume to test the Spirit of God but when your spirit is tested, you apparently cannot do anything but fail the test.

1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7.
You may have found a new realm of their theology we haven't previously known!

This is some messed up stuff!

Old 07-10-2021, 06:18 AM

614 posts, read 173,215 times
I think that tree of the knowledge of good and evil gave us a self-referencing consciousness. Up to that time we had something different from those who came before us, but not different enough that God could know it was what He knew we needed to attain to. There is a selfishness trap to this, and we fell right into it.

Everything about the fall is part of the creation story, in other words. All of our history is the history of our creation, all of this "sin" history. God is making us still. It is the message of the water turned to wine, where what you've always believed to be the world of reality turns out to have been something quite else all the time. The punishment paradigm gets replaced by the wisdom of growing up. There are a lot of similar rules, but the tie to life is in the one and not the other.

Old 07-10-2021, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am I a Prophet View Post
I think that tree of the knowledge of good and evil gave us a self-referencing consciousness. Up to that time we had something different from those who came before us, but not different enough that God could know it was what He knew we needed to attain to. There is a selfishness trap to this, and we fell right into it.

Everything about the fall is part of the creation story, in other words. All of our history is the history of our creation, all of this "sin" history. God is making us still. It is the message of the water turned to wine, where what you've always believed to be the world of reality turns out to have been something quite else all the time. The punishment paradigm gets replaced by the wisdom of growing up. There are a lot of similar rules, but the tie to life is in the one and not the other.
Sounds like philosophy, Prophet. A kind of commentary without scripture or not based on scripture.

Old 07-10-2021, 06:29 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Adam and Eve knew no evil, they had no idea what sin was. They were perfect and in a perfect atmosphere. If God had not placed the possibility of sin before them in the Tree of Good and Evil, sin would not have entered the world and we would not be in this mess.

When they sinned by disobeying God, everything fell with man. The plant world fell, the animal world fell, even the ground/soil fell. All that was perfect has now fallen into a curse, all because of sin.

God knew this would happen! So why did He allow it to happen? Some say God is unjust and cruel enjoying the suffering of man on this earth. Others say He lost control of His creation. This is stupidity to say the least.

Actually, the scripture doesn't straight out tell us why He placed that Tree in the Garden. After reading the thoughts of many Theologians through the years, I have come to the conclusion that God wanted to show man from the very beginning who he really is in his natural state. Man is self-seeking, a pleaser of himself, clearly seen in his believing the lie of Satan over God.

It's no secret God wants man to worship Him, but He will not have robots running about. He wants us to love, honor and worship Him of our own free will. The first step of achieving this is to show man who he really is left on his own. Man with this free will must choose what he will do with that free will. He has no choice but to make that choice, his way or God's way.

Personally, I look at this life we live, and a short time it really is compared to eternity, as the period of time God has given us to make that choice. Some have more time than others to make that choice, that is totally in the hands of God.

But make that choice we must, no way around it, ignoring it is the choice to ignore God and choose one's own way through this life. So this leaves us with the question, what is God's way?

His way is the way of life and our way is the way of death, spiritually speaking.

So we have an inevitable choice to make in this life. That choice will determine our final destiny after this life is over on this earth. It is without a doubt the most important decision man will ever make.
They were created perfect Charlie. They were told plainly the penalty for disobedience, and they fully understood it. It was very difficult for them to sin, as their natural inclination was to do right. It was as difficult for them to sin as it is easy for us, unless of course you think they were created with a defect.

The tree was put there for a test.

Old 07-10-2021, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
They were created perfect Charlie. They were told plainly the penalty for disobedience, and they fully understood it. It was very difficult for them to sin, as their natural inclination was to do right. It was as difficult for them to sin as it is easy for us, unless of course you think they were created with a defect.

The tree was put there for a test.
I agree with that summary.

Old 07-10-2021, 06:34 AM

614 posts, read 173,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Sounds like philosophy, Prophet. A kind of commentary without scripture or not based on scripture.
If that's how you need to see it, then see it that way. You are the one, however, who seems to be defining what is scriptural here. I just told you something scriptural. Jesus did few miracles in the Gospel of John. Turning water into wine was one of them, the first. It means something. In your haste, I think you've missed it.

Last edited by Am I a Prophet; 07-10-2021 at 06:39 AM.. Reason: the writing process
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity