Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2021, 06:37 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am I a Prophet View Post
If that's how you need to see it, then see it that way.
You should fit in well, we have other philosophers around to keep you company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2021, 07:01 AM

614 posts, read 173,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Sorry, I like to add to my posts after I've already posted an initial bit. I didn't mean to sound so emotional and less argumentative over the facts. I did mean to argue according to my point. I added that part after you quoted me, I guess.

At any rate, I make the point that water into wine has a meaning. It has a meaning when considering how we are living out the creation now. That's a similar meaning to the one that Jesus brought up to the woman at the well, also in John. There He told her how God is spirit and, although salvation was currently through the Jews, everyone will one day come to God in spirit and truth. Jesus did not shy away from describing how this would evolve, what sort of relationship between God and man that suggested and how to act accordingly.

Maybe you are just unhappy because I bring optimism to something that man has always had a pessimistic reaction to? I seem to be at war with those who put the hobbles on men. I don't really know why. This should be an obvious extension of that, but it isn't(obvious). I used to be one of the best at what you are doing, reveling in the law. I have to tell you, the Spirit has those answers that the law doesn't, and more.

Old 07-10-2021, 07:08 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Here, Mystic;

Allow me test your spirit.

Do you confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh?

The last time i asked you this, I got crickets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Again, I'm hearing nothing but crickets.

You presume to test the Spirit of God but when your spirit is tested, you apparently cannot do anything but fail the test.
I believe he already answered this, perhaps your memory isn't that good.

Old 07-10-2021, 07:08 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,178,732 times
Quote:
Sorry, I like to add to my posts after I've already posted an initial bit. I didn't mean to sound so emotional and less argumentative over the facts. I did mean to argue according to my point. I added that part after you quoted me, I guess.

At any rate, I make the point that water into wine has a meaning. It has a meaning when considering how we are living out the creation now. That's a similar meaning to the one that Jesus brought up to the woman at the well, also in John. There He told her how God is spirit and, although salvation was currently through the Jews, everyone will one day come to God in spirit and truth. Jesus did not shy away from describing how this would evolve, what sort of relationship between God and man that suggested and how to act accordingly.

Maybe you are just unhappy because I bring optimism to something that man has always had a pessimistic reaction to? I seem to be at war with those who put the hobbles on men. I don't really know why. This should be an obvious extension of that, but it isn't(obvious). I used to be one of the best at what you are doing, reveling in the law. I have to tell you, the Spirit has those answers that the law doesn't, and more.
6"Now there were six stone water jars there for the Jewish rites of purification,"
symbolism is in it: Christ Jesus was turning religion of water into religion of spirit.

Old 07-10-2021, 07:09 AM

Quote:

You haven't read very many of my posts, no reveling in the Law from this old boy!

I agree the answer is in Christ through the Holy Spirit!

So you think "everyone will one day come to God in spirit and truth?"

Old 07-10-2021, 07:58 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
They have the ability to think for themselves, and the Scriptures are full of philosophy.

Old 07-10-2021, 07:59 AM

Quote:
You haven't read very many of my posts, no reveling in the Law from this old boy!

I agree the answer is in Christ through the Holy Spirit!

So you think "everyone will one day come to God in spirit and truth?"
No, I haven't read enough of your posts. Glad to talk to you.

I see the verse that says that every knee shall bow and every tongue confess as saying something else other than to praise because one is forced to. I know that it can also talk about how powerful God is, that He can make even those who refuse Him to confess Him. I think it says something more about God, however, to understand that He can actually change the creation so that it will praise Him willingly. He's not snapping His fingers to do it. As much as Naaman wanted God to just snap His fingers, God doesn't like to operate like that.

I know you like to use scripture. I do too. Something from scripture which pertains to this, I think, is when Moses was told to speak to the rock in order to bring water from it. Well, Moses decided to strike the rock instead. Striking the rock also brought water out of the rock for the people, but didn't project the message that God wanted the people to learn. As a consequence, Moses could not enter the promised land. The message is that God wants to approach us by speaking to us, not striking us. Or, really, not striking the obstacles we face that lie between us and God, depriving us of water. God wants to speak to those obstacles. It is more personal.

These lessons I keep talking about, they are about that. I am being vague because I don't wish to suggest the lessons to people, what they are. The nature of them, as a conversation, seems to mean they could go places once things get started. I'm certain those places deal with love, but those places are also meant to be between the individual and God.

Old 07-10-2021, 08:10 AM

Quote:
No, I haven't read enough of your posts. Glad to talk to you.

I see the verse that says that every knee shall bow and every tongue confess as saying something else other than to praise because one is forced to. I know that it can also talk about how powerful God is, that He can make even those who refuse Him to confess Him. I think it says something more about God, however, to understand that He can actually change the creation so that it will praise Him willingly. He's not snapping His fingers to do it. As much as Naaman wanted God to just snap His fingers, God doesn't like to operate like that.

I know you like to use scripture. I do too. Something from scripture which pertains to this, I think, is when Moses was told to speak to the rock in order to bring water from it. Well, Moses decided to strike the rock instead. Striking the rock also brought water out of the rock for the people, but didn't project the message that God wanted the people to learn. As a consequence, Moses could not enter the promised land. The message is that God wants to approach us by speaking to us, not striking us. Or, really, not striking the obstacles we face that lie between us and God, depriving us of water. God wants to speak to those obstacles. It is more personal.

These lessons I keep talking about, they are about that. I am being vague because I don't wish to suggest the lessons to people, what they are. The nature of them, as a conversation, seems to mean they could go places once things get started. I'm certain those places deal with love, but those places are also meant to be between the individual and God.
I heard that lesson a different way, Prophet.

Paul tells us that the Rock in the wilderness was Christ. Moses was told by God to strike that Rock once, but he struck in twice in anger with the people.

That meant to God that Christ's sacrifice would not be enough for man, He would have do it again to save man. That second strike costed Moses dearly, as he couldn't enter into the promised land.

I will preach sin! Jesus preached it, all the apostles constantly preached it and Charlie will preach it.

Old 07-10-2021, 08:32 AM

Quote:
I heard that lesson a different way, Prophet.

Paul tells us that the Rock in the wilderness was Christ. Moses was told by God to strike that Rock once, but he struck in twice in anger with the people.

That meant to God that Christ's sacrifice would not be enough for man, He would have do it again to save man. That second strike costed Moses dearly, as he couldn't enter into the promised land.

I will preach sin! Jesus preached it, all the apostles constantly preached it and Charlie will preach it.
I think Moses is a type of the Holy Spirit, sort of. He is actually a type of Christ as Jesus and the Holy Spirit are one. The rock is what holds the water. It is what is spoken to, not struck. But striking it was the right thing to do before. So, the story talks about how God changes His approach. Moses' doing it wrong only points out what God was about doing. It stresses that point.

Another thing from scripture that this is like is to cite the story of Noah. During the flood, Noah and his family survived in the Ark. That was the equivalent of man surviving the tumult after the fall by direct connection to the actions of God. He involved Himself with the patriarchs and then instituted Israel. But God was always trying to reach out to all men. The change came when Noah, as a type of God toward man in this situation, landed. He let the raven, the Baptist, and the dove, Holy Spirit in Jesus, loose. The real message toward man is in the dove, between the two birds. It is the one that carries back the freshly plucked olive leaf.

Old 07-10-2021, 08:38 AM

Quote:
I think Moses is a type of the Holy Spirit, sort of. He is actually a type of Christ as Jesus and the Holy Spirit are one. The rock is what holds the water. It is what is spoken to, not struck. But striking it was the right thing to do before. So, the story talks about how God changes His approach. Moses' doing it wrong only points out what God was about doing. It stresses that point.

Another thing from scripture that this is like is to cite the story of Noah. During the flood, Noah and his family survived in the Ark. That was the equivalent of man surviving the tumult after the fall by direct connection to the actions of God. He involved Himself with the patriarchs and then instituted Israel. But God was always trying to reach out to all men. The change came when Noah, as a type of God toward man in this situation, landed. He let the raven, the Baptist, and the dove, Holy Spirit in Jesus, loose. The real message toward man is in the dove, between the two birds. It is the one that carries back the freshly plucked olive leaf.
Well, one strike from Moses meant Christ would be struck once for mankind, once and for all.

Twice was an offence to God and Moses paid for it!

Look, it's a very good thing to have love, I agree love rules, but that love must be directed in its proper place. That seems to be a problem for some!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity