Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2021, 06:12 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,321,543 times

Advertisements

Adam and Eve knew no evil, they had no idea what sin was. They were perfect and in a perfect atmosphere. If God had not placed the possibility of sin before them in the Tree of Good and Evil, sin would not have entered the world and we would not be in this mess.

When they sinned by disobeying God, everything fell with man. The plant world fell, the animal world fell, even the ground/soil fell. All that was perfect has now fallen into a curse, all because of sin.

God knew this would happen! So why did He allow it to happen? Some say God is unjust and cruel enjoying the suffering of man on this earth. Others say He lost control of His creation. This is stupidity to say the least.

Actually, the scripture doesn't straight out tell us why He placed that Tree in the Garden. After reading the thoughts of many Theologians through the years, I have come to the conclusion that God wanted to show man from the very beginning who he really is in his natural state. Man is self-seeking, a pleaser of himself, clearly seen in his believing the lie of Satan over God.

It's no secret God wants man to worship Him, but He will not have robots running about. He wants us to love, honor and worship Him of our own free will. The first step of achieving this is to show man who he really is left on his own. Man with this free will must choose what he will do with that free will. He has no choice but to make that choice, his way or God's way.

Personally, I look at this life we live, and a short time it really is compared to eternity, as the period of time God has given us to make that choice. Some have more time than others to make that choice, that is totally in the hands of God.

But make that choice we must, no way around it, ignoring it is the choice to ignore God and choose one's own way through this life. So this leaves us with the question, what is God's way?

His way is the way of life and our way is the way of death, spiritually speaking.

So we have an inevitable choice to make in this life. That choice will determine our final destiny after this life is over on this earth. It is without a doubt the most important decision man will ever make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2021, 07:03 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
If one focuses on that which is permitted then that which is not permitted will not be thought of...They were allowed to eat of every tree in the garden except for that one tree...

HaSatan was told that he could do whatever he wanted to Job except for one thing, the taking of Job’s life...

It seems that HaSatan was better at obeying G-d than was mankind...

Old 07-09-2021, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
If one focuses on that which is permitted then that which is not permitted will not be thought of...They were allowed to eat of every tree in the garden except for that one tree...

HaSatan was told that he could do whatever he wanted to Job except for one thing, the taking of Job’s life...

It seems that HaSatan was better at obeying G-d than was mankind...
Satan is a spiritual being created in a different atmosphere than man. He has different rules to abide by than man. Satan told God that he couldn't get to Job because He had a hedge around him.

We see from this that Satan could do absolutely nothing to Job without permission, unlike man, wouldn't you say?

Old 07-09-2021, 07:14 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,177,018 times
"It's no secret God wants man to worship Him,"
God wants people to pay attention to God's message , not worship. There was another message from Moloch.

Old 07-09-2021, 07:20 AM

17,797 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post

It's no secret God wants man to worship Him, but He will not have robots running about.
I edited out your entire post to this sentence. However whether it be a sentence, a paragraph, a book..whatever.

It is impossible to square "free will" and omniscience. This is particularly true when God is in the prophecy business. But since somehow many Christians have to figure out a way for them to coexist...they manage to do so in their own mind.

I tend to see the entire Garden of Eden missive as an ode to the "good 'ole days"...

When men lived in the equatorial zone and ate fruits and nuts along with the animals. Slowly we attained "knowledge" and we changed our lifestyle. We were able to live in new environments with said knowledge...but it came with a price.

I see the story as an allegory to this fact of existence. And we see the same story today. On this very C-D forum. Substitute the '70s, or the '50s or the horse and buggy era (Amish) era. It's the exact same lamenting for the "good old days" and we didn't have so much technology and didn't do as much sinnin'.

Old 07-09-2021, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I edited out your entire post to this sentence. However whether it be a sentence, a paragraph, a book..whatever.

It is impossible to square "free will" and omniscience. This is particularly true when God is in the prophecy business. But since somehow many Christians have to figure out a way for them to coexist...they manage to do so in their own mind.

I tend to see the entire Garden of Eden missive as an ode to the "good 'ole days"...

When men lived in the equatorial zone and ate fruits and nuts along with the animals. Slowly we attained "knowledge" and we changed our lifestyle. We were able to live in new environments with said knowledge...but it came with a price.

I see the story as an allegory to this fact of existence. And we see the same story today. On this very C-D forum. Substitute the '70s, or the '50s or the horse and buggy era (Amish) era. It's the exact same lamenting for the "good old days" and we didn't have so much technology and didn't do as much sinnin'.
You can see it however you like! But one thing has not changed, Adam and Eve chose their way in this world just as we still do.

Last edited by Charlie24; 07-09-2021 at 07:44 AM..

Old 07-09-2021, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
"It's no secret God wants man to worship Him,"
God wants people to pay attention to God's message , not worship. There was another message from Moloch.
Duval, I have no words!

Old 07-09-2021, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Satan is a spiritual being created in a different atmosphere than man. He has different rules to abide by than man. Satan told God that he couldn't get to Job because He had a hedge around him.

We see from this that Satan could do absolutely nothing to Job without permission, unlike man, wouldn't you say?
So, you are stating that angels do not have free will?...

Old 07-09-2021, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
So, you are stating that angels do not have free will?...
Wow, I didn't know I said that! I thought I said Satan can cause no harm to His elect without permission.

Old 07-09-2021, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Wow, I didn't know I said that! I thought I said Satan can cause no harm to His elect without permission.
Well, I thought that HaSatan was rebellious?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity