Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2021, 11:32 PM

128 posts, read 39,608 times

Advertisements

It's the exact same reason why any religion, that worships any god, exists. Here's the reason....... "nobody can conclusively, scientifically or non scientifically, 100% "prove" that God, or god, or Gods, or gods don't exist".

Because it's currently 100% impossible to prove gods don't exist, due to the current low intellect of the human species (that may change over the next 100,000 or so years, if we survive that long), then that means any culture can invent any god and attribute any characteristic whatsoever to that god.

They will use "faith and belief" as a controlling tool, and more often than not will say that people will be punished or denied certain things or rewards by that particular god if they do not comply and believe ....... in other words it's a human persuasion tool that's used by humans to dominate and control others.

But the ONE important point to realize is that nobody can "prove" that any of these gods don't exist, and the religions worldwide KNOW THAT. And this one fact gives all god worshiping religions extreme power over many people.

Old 07-09-2021, 11:55 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
The reason why Christianity exists is so that the sins of men can be forgiven through the blood of Jesus Christ.

Old 07-10-2021, 12:07 AM

11,512 posts, read 6,027,599 times
I will bite...

The reason religion exists is that science does an exeptionally poor job of explaining Philosophy. Science goes a long way toward explaining details about the what and how of things, but nothing about the WHY of things.

Why was I born a comfortable American in the 1950s rather than a Jewish slave dead at 12 years old from working in Roman salt mines in 200 AD?

That is why religion exists. We are struggling to explain the circumstances, differences, and injustices of the world. Athiests believe it is random chance. Christians believe in a carefully produced design by God, Christ, and the Holy Spirit.

It is ridiculous to conclude that something is believed merely because it cannot be proven false. It is actually insulting to a degree. But I will play. The theory of evolution cannot be proved true or false either. Is that why it is believed by so many? How about the Big Bang or the size of the universe? We see a miniscule fraction of stars with the naked eye from the earth's surface.

Prove to me the universe is vast with trillions of galaxies. I've never seen them. How do I know the "experts" aren't lying? I am being facetious, but it is the same essential argument, or lack thereof actually, that you decribed in your original post.

Old 07-10-2021, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo1234 View Post
They will use "faith and belief" as a controlling tool,
To justbyfaith.......I have already addressed your comment in my opening post (see the quote). Thanks so much for confirming the accuracy of my quote. It's not your fault, you are being manipulated by one of the religions, just like millions of people have been manipulated by religions throughout the entire history of our species. I don't blame you, you are a victim and totally innocent and likely a very nice person. And in a free society you are entitled to any religious beliefs whatsoever.

Old 07-10-2021, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
that something is believed

Igor, thanks for admitting that what you hold towards your particular god is a "belief". I totally agree that you have a "belief". You are being controlled and dominated and in a free society you have the absolute right to submit if that is your choice. You are not to blame. You are human and that's what many of our species do regarding their religions and their various gods. They submit and believe.

Old 07-10-2021, 12:20 AM

Quote:
To justbyfaith.......I have already addressed your comment in my opening post (see the quote). Thanks so much for confirming the accuracy of my quote. It's not your fault, you are being manipulated by one of the religions, just like millions of people have been manipulated by religions throughout the entire history of our species. I don't blame you, you are a victim and totally innocent and likely a very nice person. And in a free society you are entitled to any religious beliefs whatsoever.
But something tells me you would like to do something in order to change that.

I addressed your OP in my comment.

Christianity is not just some other religion.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6).

Old 07-10-2021, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
(John 14:6).
Nope, you are totally, absolutely, 100%, definitely entitled to have any religious beliefs whatsoever. Anything that impinges on the human right to believe, or not believe, in any of the many gods that people have believed in throughout the entire history of our species, would be a very evil thing indeed.
So, if you wish to believe in a certain god, then that is your right.

Old 07-10-2021, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Nope, you are totally, absolutely, 100%, definitely entitled to have any religious beliefs whatsoever. Anything that impinges on the human right to believe, or not believe, in any of the many gods that people have believed in throughout the entire history of our species, would be a very evil thing indeed.
So, if you wish to believe in a certain god, then that is your right.
Yet, you believe that religion is used by people as a means of control.

Since that is the case, is there not an inkling of an idea in your brain that it would be better if religion didn't exist?

You wouldn't try to do something about it in the long run?

Old 07-10-2021, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Yet, you believe that religion is used by people as a means of control.

Since that is the case, is there not an inkling of an idea in your brain that it would be better if religion didn't exist?

You wouldn't try to do something about it in the long run?

Nope. All the religions have a right to exist. People have the human right to base their beliefs on "their" choices, not my choices. The human species is a very primitive, low intellect species, so whether or not religions exist, or whether or not atheism exists, or whether or not agnosticism exists, then the world would be neither better off nor worse off. In other words, the many capabilities and non capabilities of our human species would still be there in many different ways.

Old 07-10-2021, 12:58 AM

11,033 posts, read 5,995,283 times
Quote:

I addressed your OP in my comment.

Christianity is not just some other religion.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6).
I beg to differ.
It is 'other' to Hinduism or Islam or Zoarosterism or Paganism or Judaism .... Ok this could go on for pages, but you get my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity