Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2021, 07:07 AM

1,757 posts, read 757,630 times

Advertisements

"You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones as every dog that barks." -Winston Churchill

If we stop and fight with everyone that might have possibly given us offense, we will never reach our goals in life as we will be sidetracked and fall short of our potential. Fight the right battles in life.

I like to jog and have been fortunate enough to pick it back up again recently. I am scared of some of the bigger dogs if they show any aggression, but I don't growl back at them. I reply kindly in a soft voice and it works out and I finish my jog.

"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." -Jesus in Matthew 11:29

Be humble of heart and move on, loving all and being kind to serve all, even those who have given you offense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2021, 07:35 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
"You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones as every dog that barks." -Winston Churchill

If we stop and fight with everyone that might have possibly given us offense, we will never reach our goals in life as we will be sidetracked and fall short of our potential. Fight the right battles in life.

I like to jog and have been fortunate enough to pick it back up again recently. I am scared of some of the bigger dogs if they show any aggression, but I don't growl back at them. I reply kindly in a soft voice and it works out and I finish my jog.

"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." -Jesus in Matthew 11:29

Be humble of heart and move on, loving all and being kind to serve all, even those who have given you offense.
You do have a sweet spirit about you sis and you are correct, but unfortunately these forums all seem to go the other way as we all try to help God in a battle that only belongs to him. many time our old man nature gets the upper hand even when our intents are good. I am glad to see one so young as you has a better handle on their old man then many of us who are older. Keep that sweet spirit sis, it is a good witness of the spirit of the Father and the Son and don't let the cares of this world drag you down as it seems to do with many of us that are older.

You reminded this old dog that I have to be more gentle in my approach, thank you.

God bless

Old 07-15-2021, 09:06 AM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:

Wise words. Thank you for reminding us of what is important.

Old 07-15-2021, 11:23 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Greg Laurie said this; that,

"If you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, the dog that barks the loudest is the one that got hit."

Old 07-15-2021, 12:39 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
I have never heard that before. I love it!

By the way, how is the pregnancy progressing? Or did I lose track of the time and you're already a new mom?

Old 07-15-2021, 12:51 PM

3,831 posts, read 1,386,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post

By the way, how is the pregnancy progressing? Or did I lose track of the time and you're already a new mom?

I think he's 2.5 mo's old by now:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/chri...hread-426.html
5th post down...

Old 07-15-2021, 01:18 PM

88,618 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post

You lost track of time for sure! I think QB has a three-month-old son by now.

Old 07-15-2021, 02:12 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
You do have a sweet spirit about you sis and you are correct, but unfortunately these forums all seem to go the other way as we all try to help God in a battle that only belongs to him. many time our old man nature gets the upper hand even when our intents are good. I am glad to see one so young as you has a better handle on their old man then many of us who are older. Keep that sweet spirit sis, it is a good witness of the spirit of the Father and the Son and don't let the cares of this world drag you down as it seems to do with many of us that are older.

You reminded this old dog that I have to be more gentle in my approach, thank you.

God bless
QB certainly has given me hope in the future generations, for sure, pneuma. I fervently hope the seemingly inevitable vicissitudes of life never dampen her sweet spirit!! Age can deepen wisdom, but it can also carry other baggage with it. We love you, QB!

Old 07-15-2021, 03:30 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
I think he's 2.5 mo's old by now:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/chri...hread-426.html
5th post down...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You lost track of time for sure! I think QB has a three-month-old son by now.
Serves me right for not following the "friendship thread." That's so awesome! Huge congrats to QuakerBaker!

Old 07-15-2021, 04:17 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,337,059 times
Congratulations QB and wise words as always.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity