Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2021, 02:09 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I am justified ("declared righteous") through the shed blood of Jesus Christ (Romans 3:25, Romans 5:1, Romans 5:9).
Too bad you have to settle for being "declared" righteous instead of actually becoming righteous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2021, 03:44 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,178,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Too bad you have to settle for being "declared" righteous instead of actually becoming righteous.
righteousness measured by one's consciousness, how one answers good and evil questions, ultimately following of the Golden Rule.

Old 07-19-2021, 03:44 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,095,889 times
How did Noah know he was going to heaven? Abram (Abraham)? Isaac? Jacob (Israel)? David? Solomon? The apostles?

Faith.

Abraham had faith and it was accorded to him as righteousness.

Old 07-19-2021, 06:46 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
We are ALL declared righteous because of the Faith and agape love of Jesus who loves us all. He loved even His torturers and murderers, while His blood was being shed by our ignorant and brutally savage ancestors. "Father forgive them, they do not know what they do." Is that the kind of agape love you received from whatever "sealed" your barbaric beliefs?
Jesus says different.

“Whoever speaks on his own seeks his own glory but he who seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him.”

By the way Jesus wasn’t saying to forgive them for crucifying Him. He was speaking of something you cannot comprehend with your carnal mind.

Old 07-19-2021, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
righteousness measured by one's consciousness, how one answers good and evil questions, ultimately following of the Golden Rule.
Uh, no.

Those who do not genuinely believe and worship in spirit and truth fail to actually understand how to love others as yourself in the way Jesus demonstrated.

Old 07-19-2021, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
How did Noah know he was going to heaven? Abram (Abraham)? Isaac? Jacob (Israel)? David? Solomon? The apostles?

Faith.

Abraham had faith and it was accorded to him as righteousness.
No. He believed and it was accorded as righteousness. Just as Jesus said; “He who believes in me shall do the works I do.”

Abraham did the works!!

Old 07-19-2021, 07:09 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,441,101 times
Rom 8:16:

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Eph 1:13-14:

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

1 Thes 1:4-5:

4 Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.
5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

Gal 3:14:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

1 John 4:2-3:

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Rom 7:6:

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

1 John 5:9-10:

9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

Matt 12:25-32:

25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.
28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.
30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.
31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Old 07-19-2021, 07:09 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
No. He believed and it was accorded as righteousness. Just as Jesus said; “He who believes in me shall do the works I do.”
Abraham did the works!!
Since we absolutely can NOT control or CHOOSE what we truly believe, that is a stupid requirement. We cannot possibly be righteous for something we have no control over. It is our FAITH in Jesus as demonstrated by our attempts to love as He did in our daily lives that show our FAITH in Him and His promises, NOT whatever you proclaim to believe ABOUT Him.

Old 07-19-2021, 07:13 PM

Quote:
I would abhor a God who required a blood sacrifice to forgive me or love me, period!!! That is NOT God that is a Godfather making an offer you better not refuse, OR ELSE!!!! Totally worthless.IMO!
I agree with the blood sacrifice part. As far as not fearing. That’s another story. Jesus sure gave reason to fear in His parables of the useless servants.

Be careful. Pain might be coming your way and you won’t get out until you pay the last penny.

Jesus said; “The kingdom of heaven is as if a man, going on a journey, summoned his slaves and entrusted his property to them; 15 to one he gave five talents, to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability. Then he went away. 16 The one who had received the five talents went off at once and traded with them, and made five more talents. 17 In the same way, the one who had the two talents made two more talents. 18 But the one who had received the one talent went off and dug a hole in the ground and hid his master's money. 19 After a long time the master of those slaves came and settled accounts with them. 20 Then the one who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five more talents, saying, "Master, you handed over to me five talents; see, I have made five more talents.' 21 His master said to him, "Well done, good and trustworthy slave; you have been trustworthy in a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master.' 22 And the one with the two talents also came forward, saying, "Master, you handed over to me two talents; see, I have made two more talents.' 23 His master said to him, "Well done, good and trustworthy slave; you have been trustworthy in a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master.' 24 Then the one who had received the one talent also came forward, saying, "Master, I knew that you were a harsh man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you did not scatter seed; 25 so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here you have what is yours.' 26 But his master replied, "You wicked and lazy slave! You knew, did you, that I reap where I did not sow, and gather where I did not scatter? 27 Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and on my return I would have received what was my own with interest. 28 So take the talent from him, and give it to the one with the ten talents. 29 For to all those who have, more will be given, and they will have an abundance; but from those who have nothing, even what they have will be taken away. 30 As for this worthless slave, throw him into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.' 31 "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on the throne of his glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, 33 and he will put the sheep at his right hand and the goats at the left. 34 Then the king will say to those at his right hand, "Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; 35 for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.' 37 Then the righteous will answer him, "Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink? 38 And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and gave you clothing? 39 And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?' 40 And the king will answer them, "Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.' 41 Then he will say to those at his left hand, "You that are accursed, depart from me into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not give me clothing, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.' 44 Then they also will answer, "Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not take care of you?' 45 Then he will answer them, "Truly I tell you, just as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.' 46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

Old 07-19-2021, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Since we absolutely can NOT control or CHOOSE what we truly believe, that is a stupid requirement. We cannot possibly be righteous for something we have no control over. It is our FAITH in Jesus as demonstrated by our attempts to love as He did in our daily lives that show our FAITH in Him and His promises, NOT whatever you proclaim to believe ABOUT Him.
Jesus told us how to believe but again I put right in front of you and you fail to understand. It is a different language you need to learn by parroting like Jesus did and all the prophets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity