Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2021, 12:10 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Jesus had to go the the cross on which he was crucified in order to become a curse for us. Under the Mosaic law, a man hanged from a tree was accursed. Jesus' death had to be by crucifixion in order to fulfill the law and redeem us from the curse of the law. And Jesus was obedient to the Father's plan for him to die on that cross.
Galatians 3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree”—

Phil 2:8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
What law did Jesus violate or why was he found to be repugnant - if he was accursed?
Or, was it that the law failed to protect the innocent, therefore was no longer effective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2021, 12:15 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What law did Jesus violate or why was he found to be repugnant - if he was accursed?
Or, was it that the law failed to protect the innocent, therefore was no longer effective.
Don't confuse them with your questions, Jer. It does not rely on reason or logic. It is magic.

Old 07-24-2021, 12:36 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Good grief. Don't you people understand anything? Jesus was innocent in every way. He broke no law. He became our substitute becoming a curse for us, in our place. He was without sin and therefore qualified to take our sins upon himself in his own body where those sins were judged.

Old 07-24-2021, 12:39 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Good grief. Don't you people understand anything? Jesus was innocent in every way. He broke no law. He became our substitute becoming a curse for us, in our place. He was without sin and therefore qualified to take our sins upon himself in his own body where those sins were judged.
See? Magic!

Old 07-24-2021, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I gather that it upsets you, however I do not believe in the Penal Substitution theory.

Old 07-24-2021, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
See? Magic!
It does make you curious as to why they need an innocent man (animal) to suffer in their place. It's like hanging a horse thief, who never stolen a horse in his life, merely to cover their ignorance or judgment which was in error.

"Cursed is every horse thief who is hanged on a tree?"

Old 07-24-2021, 01:22 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,178,341 times
Quote:
well, He took the Law out of hand of 'butchers' and told that everyone builds own consciousness free of sins of the Law.

Old 07-24-2021, 01:32 PM

Quote:
FIRST, YOU MUST ACCEPT THAT YOU ARE A SINNER.

SECOND, YOU MUST ACCEPT THAT AS A SINNER YOU OWE A PENALTY.

THIRD, YOU MUST ACCEPT THAT JESUS CHRIST HAS ALREADY PAID YOUR SIN DEBT.

FOURTH, YOU MUST ACCEPT BY FAITH WHAT JESUS CHRIST DID FOR YOU.
If you do not ACCEPT these, you are damned for all eternity?

BTW - that was the conclusion of the tract handed to me.

Old 07-24-2021, 02:51 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,932,054 times
Some people turn to God in an emergency, some out of fear, and a few out of curiosity.
When I came to the Lord I was a child but had observed so many people that had put off God much of their lives and finally, when things got tough they opened up to God.
The problem was they regretted having put off God for so long now realizing what they were missing. I wanted to circumvent this accident of rebellion.
Jesus Christ invites you into a personal relationship with God, one that He can make a difference both now and in the future. It's not religion, religion does not save a person. Forms and rituals are a form of godliness but deny the power thereof. the illusion of great knowledge among men is just that, an illusion.
God desires to be your teacher, and guide through out your life. but if you hold Him at bay He will not resist you.
A lot of people say they believe in God, but that's about as far as it gets, He is still a stranger to them. Jesus provided the Holy Spirit to teach in His place, and in a person genuinely desperate to have this relationship it is possible.
God has been dealing with men from the beginning that play games, simply deceiving them selves with religious rhetoric.
God gives me direction and intervention in my life for the challenges that I meet and deal with every day.
I do not manipulate God I cooperate with Him, and because I cooperate He has lead me to jobs and healing and good relationships through out my life. I have known the Lord for over 60 years.
This brief fraction of time I've lived I have great confidence He loves and cares for me and when I have finished this time on earth I will be welcomed in His Heaven to even greater experiences and events than I have ever seen.

Old 07-25-2021, 12:20 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:
I gather that it upsets you, however I do not believe in the Penal Substitution theory.
That is why you are desperately lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity