Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2021, 08:24 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Where does it say that God demands that you have to have faith in things beyond your logic?

Personally, I believe that is something man would say - so you don't think for yourself.
Do you understand what Christians have to believe in order to become part of the family of God?

We have to believe that Jesus Christ physically rose from the dead. Tell me what is more illogical than that. I'll wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2021, 08:29 AM

63,833 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I understand you think Christ is a spirit because He went through walls. But He is flesh and blood just as He said. It's a different type of body - but it is a body. Paul said it is a glorified body in 1 Corinthians 15.

What you don't want to receive - is that God demands that you have to have faith in things beyond your logic. And if you can't comprehend it, then it doesn't exist to you - and you make up stuff to fit your logic. And you have been making up stuff for decades.
You assert a physical body that walks through doors and walls and then you say I am making things up????? The promoters of the Christian dogma have been making things up and providing excuses for the irrationality of their dogma for millennia in order to retain the ancient ignorance of our ancestors as a sign of their faith in God!!! They refuse to understand the problem Jesus faced conveying spiritual things to such carnal, superstitious, and fearful men.

The theologians have been negligent in retaining the "carnal milk" and not following the deliberate clues and inconsistencies in their dogma to find the "spiritual solid food" within. They continued to believe in the Bible's incongruous wrathful and vengeful God who needs blood sacrifices to appease Him so He can forgive us for "whatever." Their refusal to believe the nature of God as revealed by Jesus has been their stumbling block to accepting the unambiguous demonstration of God's True Nature by Jesus on the Cross.

Old 08-11-2021, 08:45 AM

13,626 posts, read 7,951,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The purpose of my thread is to eliminate the "human thing" of wrath (which implies anger) with things of God i.e., 'spiritual consequences that have no such anger associated with them. You and Mike and others are the ones mixing human things with God's things. God has no wrath as we humans think of it and He has no need of punishment as we do.
Of course we "mix human things with God's things". God became a human, getting himself "mixed up" with us, if you will.

Being angry at injustice is not a sin or a weakness. When God became a man in the person of Jesus Christ, He experienced human emotion - anger being one of them.

Ephesians 4:26 "Be angry and do not sin".

It is indeed possible to both a) be angry and b) not sin.

Old 08-11-2021, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Do you understand what Christians have to believe in order to become part of the family of God?

We have to believe that Jesus Christ physically rose from the dead. Tell me what is more illogical than that. I'll wait.
There is absolutely nothing illogical about Christ's physical resurrection.

Old 08-11-2021, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
There is absolutely nothing illogical about Christ's physical resurrection.
Have you ever seen it happen before?

Explain this to me logically how a person hung on a cross, pierced, died, buried for three days comes back to life.

Old 08-11-2021, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Have you ever seen it happen before?

Explain this to me logically how a person hung on a cross, pierced, died, buried for three days comes back to life.
Human beings were created for eternity. We weren't created for death, so in that way death is not natural nor is it logical.

The existence of countless resurrection myths before the actual resurrection of Christ should serve as evidence that belief in resurrection is a logical human belief. It's ingrained in us.

Resurrection to immortality is also a theme in Greek mythology - though they (the Greeks) probably would have discounted a physical resurrection.

Old 08-11-2021, 09:18 AM

Quote:
You assert a physical body that walks through doors and walls and then you say I am making things up????? The promoters of the Christian dogma have been making things up and providing excuses for the irrationality of their dogma for millennia in order to retain the ancient ignorance of our ancestors as a sign of their faith in God!!! They refuse to understand the problem Jesus faced conveying spiritual things to such carnal, superstitious, and fearful men.

The theologians have been negligent in retaining the "carnal milk" and not following the deliberate clues and inconsistencies in their dogma to find the "spiritual solid food" within. They continued to believe in the Bible's incongruous wrathful and vengeful God who needs blood sacrifices to appease Him so He can forgive us for "whatever." Their refusal to believe the nature of God as revealed by Jesus has been their stumbling block to accepting the unambiguous demonstration of God's True Nature by Jesus on the Cross.
I assert nothing. Scripture says...

John 20:19-20 - 19 So when it was evening on that day, the first day of the week, and when the doors were shut where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in their midst and said to them, “Peace be with you.” 20 And when He had said this, He showed them both His hands and His side. The disciples then rejoiced when they saw the Lord.

That's what Scripture says - along with the Luke 24 verses I supplied. Two different people wrote about what occurred. He had a resurrected body. He had hands and feet. He ate food and was able to digest it. He showed up in a locked room. That's what's in the Bible. This is what the Holy Spirit led the eyewitnesses to write.

Do you believe it or not?

If you don't - then don't tell me you have the mind of Christ.

Old 08-11-2021, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Human beings were created for eternity. We weren't created for death, so in that way death is not natural nor is it logical.

The existence of countless resurrection myths before the actual resurrection of Christ should serve as evidence that belief in resurrection is a logical human belief. It's ingrained in us.

Resurrection to immortality is also a theme in Greek mythology - though they (the Greeks) probably would have discounted a physical resurrection.
I agree humans were created for eternity - but not our bodies since they became cursed at Genesis 3. Our souls and spirits will get new bodies similar to what I am discussing with Mystic. But our bodies are unclean because of sin, and the penalty of original sin is physical death - our bodies return to the ground. Every funeral I go to - I think of Genesis 3. Nobody escapes. Nobody has seen a physical body come back to life after being dead for 3 days. And in that sense, it's illogical that a physical body would be raised from the dead.

None of this is logical from the standard of an unbeliever.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 08-11-2021 at 09:38 AM..

Old 08-11-2021, 10:03 AM

Quote:
I agree humans were created for eternity - but not our bodies since they became cursed at Genesis 3. Our souls and spirits will get new bodies similar to what I am discussing with Mystic. But our bodies are unclean because of sin, and the penalty of original sin is physical death - our bodies return to the ground. Every funeral I go to - I think of Genesis 3. Nobody escapes. Nobody has seen a physical body come back to life after being dead for 3 days. And in that sense, it's illogical that a physical body would be raised from the dead.

None of this is logical from the standard of an unbeliever.
Genesis 3 was after the fall.

Adam and Eve were indeed created with bodies designed for eternity.

We'll just have to agree to disagree re: the logic (or lack thereof) of physical resurrection.

Old 08-11-2021, 10:18 AM

63,833 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:

Quote:
I assert nothing. Scripture says...

John 20:19-20 - 19 So when it was evening on that day, the first day of the week, and when the doors were shut where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in their midst and said to them, “Peace be with you.” 20 And when He had said this, He showed them both His hands and His side. The disciples then rejoiced when they saw the Lord.

That's what Scripture says - along with the Luke 24 verses I supplied. Two different people wrote about what occurred. He had a resurrected body. He had hands and feet. He ate food and was able to digest it. He showed up in a locked room. That's what's in the Bible. This is what the Holy Spirit led the eyewitnesses to write.

Do you believe it or not?
If you don't - then don't tell me you have the mind of Christ.
I believe it was necessary to present it to them in that way because their very carnal minds were NOT capable of receiving the truth of rebirth (resurrection) any other way!!! Presenting the truth as "carnal milk" is not lying, just making the truth acceptable to those who would otherwise not believe it. That it has endured for so many millennia certainly justifies its use because even you are not ready to accept the spiritual truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity