Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2021, 09:19 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Would it be beneficial to man had he never eaten from the tree? Seems it would be obviously but how can one grow spiritually without knowing good from evil? In other words....was Gods intention all along that we eat from the forbidden tree? I think maybe not to be honest even though he knew we would but another way to look at it...would I want my dog Leon to know good from evil? Don't think having a neurotic pet would be very fun... heck, he's perfect just the way he his and I love him in spite of all his flaws. Does God love us any less, flaws included?
some believe God actually set Adam and eve up to fall via the TOKOGE as they believe we cannot know good without evil or love without hate, they believe we must experience both sides of the coin so to speak.

I don't see it that way myself I don't believe I have to show or let my kids experience hate so that they know I love them so why would God need us to.

So to your question

how can one grow spiritually without knowing good from evil?

Did Adam grow spiritually when he ate from the TOKOGE/the law or did he die spiritually?

According to scripture Adam disobeyed God commandment/law and died.

There is a way that seemth right unto a man but the end thereof are the ways of death.

So one way of knowing good and evil is via the way of man which is via death.

Yet there is another way to know good and evil that leads to life and that is through obedience to Gods commands/law.

If people can come to see the tree of knowledge of good and evil is the law things start to click together.

If we break Gods law we experience death, if we obey Gods law we experience life.

this is a big subject to try and cover zero and I am at work right now but if you are interested I can see if I can find the link to where me and another brother covered this topic in some detail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2021, 09:30 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,178,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
some believe God actually set Adam and eve up to fall via the TOKOGE as they believe we cannot know good without evil or love without hate, they believe we must experience both sides of the coin so to speak.

I don't see it that way myself I don't believe I have to show or let my kids experience hate so that they know I love them so why would God need us to.

So to your question

Did Adam grow spiritually when he ate from the TOKOGE/the law or did he die spiritually?

There is a way that seemth right unto a man but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Yet there is another way to know good and evil that leads to life and that is through obedience to Gods commands/law.

If people can come to see the tree of knowledge of good and evil is the law things start to click together.

If we break Gods law we experience death, if we obey Gods law we experience life.

this is a big subject to try and cover zero and I am at work right now but if you are interested I can see if I can find the link to where me and another brother covered this topic in some detail.
do you think animals understand notion of impending death, that some day they would die?

Old 08-04-2021, 10:50 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
do you think animals understand notion of impending death, that some day they would die?
yup, just ask the mouse what he thinks will happen to him if he come across a cat.

Old 08-05-2021, 07:35 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,366,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post

So to your question

Yes, if you don't mind, I would be interested, thanks. I still do not quite understand the death of the spirit Adam experienced. How can a body be without spirit? Isn't a soul a body and spirit ?

Old 08-05-2021, 07:42 AM

19,056 posts, read 27,627,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Not deny, reinterpret using the context of God as Jesus Christ revealed Him to be instead of the wrathful, vengeful God our ignorant primitive ancestors believed Him to be. You should try it. You would be amazed what a difference it makes in understanding God and Jesus.

Well, why don't you write new, correct scriptures of a new, developed, not carnal man and let half of the world population follow it then?

Old 08-05-2021, 08:58 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
You just ignore the context that controlled the interpretation of any inspirations from God, JBF. To our ancient ancestors, God is the cause of everything that ever happens, including their own decisions and actions. They saw Him as wrathful and vengeful and needing to be appeased by blood sacrifices. That context cannot be ignored when reading how they wrote things. To them, God had all the same emotions as we do, hate, anger, desire for vengeance, justice, etc. Therefore, explaining the existence of spiritual consequences would automatically be interpreted as judgments and punishments imposed by God.

It is that misunderstanding of God born of the early experiences described in the fables of the Bible and the Mosaic schoolmaster stage of obedience training using fear of God that had to be corrected. That is one of the reasons why Jesus was sent, NOT to pay for some ill-described "sins of mankind" or whatever. If there were a Satan, corrupting that central message of God's True Nature and Holy Spirit of agape love would be the most effective false teaching imaginable. It has certainly proved to be so for millennia.
The God of the Bible is in fact a personal God, with emotions and a will.

I am sorry that you do not believe in or worship the God of the Bible.

You will not go to heaven because of that, except you repent.

It is a hard truth and if some people even reject the (God of the) Bible because of it, they will even not go to heaven because of that.

Old 08-05-2021, 09:01 AM

63,844 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Well, why don't you write new, correct scriptures of a new, developed, not carnal man and let half of the world population follow it then?
I have endeavored to do some of that here at the sincere request of a friend but the resistance to a loving God is too strong in favor of a wrathful and vengeful one who needed to be appeased by blood sacrifices to forgive us for "whatever." They have immunized themselves against a truly loving God by actually interpreting the demand for a blood sacrifice as the ultimate act of love BY God!

The reception of my views here has dissuaded me of any possibility of it being useful to the masses. Besides, I am way too old to even attempt such an enterprise. Those who see the difference the context of God makes to the identification and interpretation of scripture will have no difficulty doing the revision for themselves.

Old 08-05-2021, 09:07 AM

63,844 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
The God of the Bible is in fact a personal God, with emotions and a will.

I am sorry that you do not believe in or worship the God of the Bible.

You will not go to heaven because of that, except you repent.

It is a hard truth and if some people even reject the (God of the) Bible because of it, they will even not go to heaven because of that.
I know you sincerely believe this, JBF, though I do not know how you reconcile all the contradictions and inconsistencies your view of God entails. I have encountered a consciousness that EXACTLY matches the one revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus, so my faith in Him is unshakable. I have no fear of God whatsoever, brother.

Old 08-05-2021, 09:09 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
I know you sincerely believe this, JBF, though I do not know how you reconcile all the contradictions and inconsistencies your view of God entails. I have encountered a consciousness that EXACTLY matches the one revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus, so my faith in Him is unshakable. I have no fear of God whatsoever, brother.
Why do you slum it around here? I believe you've said you don't identify as a Christian. So why do come here only to harass and to spout off stuff contrary to what the Bible says? I just can't fathom why you'd care so much.

No, I'm not suggesting anyone isn't welcome. I just am curious

Old 08-05-2021, 09:21 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Then you are not wise (Job 28:28).

1Pe 1:17, And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity