Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2021, 08:43 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
God have mercy, you have one perverted mind, pneuma! It does NOT say the dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie, will enter into the city!

It distinctly says THEY WILL NOT, they are outside the city, not as in standing at the gate looking in. We plainly see they have been cast into the Lake of Fire back in Rev. 20.

What is wrong with you that you pervert the scripture this way?
charlie ONLY the dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie are without the gates.

So it is obvious that it is speaking of them when it says that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

So in contrary to your THEY WILL NOT, it distinctly say THEY WILL.

So again you actually see this and keep rejecting it, perverting the scripture by your doctrine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2021, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
charlie ONLY the dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie are without the gates.

So it is obvious that it is speaking of them when it says that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

So in contrary to your THEY WILL NOT, it distinctly say THEY WILL.

So again you actually see this and keep rejecting it, perverting the scripture by your doctrine.
got to run but like Arnold I'll be back

Old 09-02-2021, 09:07 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
got to run but like Arnold I'll be back
So the dogs, whoremongers, etc, etc, are taking over the city!

The scripture says they are in the Lake of Fire, no repenting mentioned, no getting out mentioned, but pneuma says they have the right to the city.

You've got some problems, pneuma! You have taken leave of your common senses, reality is not in tact!

Old 09-02-2021, 11:07 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Since it is very likely against the rules of the boards to tell you my real opinion concerning this, I will let that one slide.

I will say this...the only way to become a "born again Christian" is to believe in Jesus and what He did for you in offering up His life as a propitiation for your sins, taking the penalty for your sins on the Cross and absorbing the justice and wrath of a holy God unto Himself.

But Paul wrote that in the latter days men would not endure sound doctrine but would heap to themselves teachers to tell them what their itching ears want to hear.

The real message of Christianity may not be not popular, as your message very likely will be (see 1 John 4:4-6)...but it is true.
If it were not against the rules, then I also would give you an ear full of my thoughts concerning people such as yourself. But I will restrain myself and merely say this, that using the Scriptures to exalt yourself is utter foolishness and irrational. Especially, when much of what you believe is false. You have absolutely no discernment, and are unable to distinguish good from that which is wicked or evil.

Old 09-02-2021, 12:22 PM

Quote:

The scripture says they are in the Lake of Fire, no repenting mentioned, no getting out mentioned, but pneuma says they have the right to the city.

You've got some problems, pneuma! You have taken leave of your common senses, reality is not in tact!
No charlie I do not say it, scripture does, you see it but reject it.

What I have presented line up with what we are commanded to teach in 1tim4

It reconciles Jesus taking away the sin of the world and death being no more.

You cannot reconcile the scriptures because you believe sin and death are eternal.

therefore according to you scripture cannot be reconciled with scripture, and yet you say it is I who has taken leave of common sense.

Old 09-02-2021, 12:30 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am a Christian who believes Jesus is God in the flesh and my Savior and I follow Jesus Christ. No matter what bogey man you try to associate me with, that will never change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I will say this...the only way to become a "born again Christian" is to believe in Jesus and what He did for you in offering up His life as a propitiation for your sins, taking the penalty for your sins on the Cross and absorbing the justice and wrath of a holy God unto Himself.
But Paul wrote that in the latter days men would not endure sound doctrine but would heap to themselves teachers to tell them what their itching ears want to hear.
If any interpretation of what happened to Jesus on the Cross and how He reacted to it is demon-inspired that surely is! Jesus as God in the flesh had no wrath or vengeance in Him despite horrendous scourging and crucifixion. He had perfect agape love and forgiveness, even for His torturers and murderers.

Yet, you would have us believe that God is so wrathful and vengeful that He needed this barbarically brutal and savage horror just so He could forgive us for "whatever!" What exactly is the purpose of all the convoluted rigamarole of torturing and murdering Himself to enable Himself to forgive us for what He Himself wants to forgive us for????? Do you call that sound doctrine????
Quote:
The real message of Christianity may not be not popular, as your message very likely will be (see 1 John 4:4-6)...but it is true.
The real message of Christianity is supposed to be the Gospel of Jesus Christ as God in the flesh, which means the Good News of Jesus Christ's agape love and forgiveness on the Cross. Your Bad News Gospel of brutal savagery to appease God's wrath and vengeance is NOT remotely Good News and is NOT the real Christianity. It is irrational and portrays God as evil. If anything is demon-inspired that would be it.

Old 09-02-2021, 03:21 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:

Not taking over the city, being subjects of the city and it’s always upon repentance

What/where is that city?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_City_of_God

I believe the critical “time” is the 1500’s - and the 1000 years spans Approximately 500ad to 1500ad

Old 09-02-2021, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Not taking over the city, being subjects of the city and it’s always upon repentance
The scripture says nowhere that they repent, that they even have a chance to repent!

The scripture nowhere places them in the city in any way, they are in the Lake of Fire!

Show me where you came up with this total and complete assumption!

Old 09-02-2021, 03:51 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
The scripture says nowhere that they repent, that they even have a chance to repent!

The scripture nowhere places them in the city in any way, they are in the Lake of Fire!

Show me where you came up with this total and complete assumption!
There is a lot of things that can not be taught and shown explicitly regarding the higher, broader, deeper things

Children learn some things by rote but after a certain stage you need to apply the things learnt at school

I am putting things forward for any to think on, I’m not wanting to teach anyone as such, because you all “know” the Scriptures from your various denominational backgrounds - we are now at the stage of application, applying the things we have learnt

Old 09-02-2021, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
There is a lot of things that can not be taught and shown explicitly regarding the higher, broader, deeper things

Children learn some things by rote but after a certain stage you need to apply the things learnt at school

I am putting things forward for any to think on, I’m not wanting to teach anyone as such, because you all “know” the Scriptures from your various denominational backgrounds - we are now at the stage of application, applying the things we have learnt
In other words, departing from scripture to the imaginations of man!

That's the kind of stuff the Apostles warned us of, Meerkat!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity