Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2021, 04:23 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
In other words, departing from scripture to the imaginations of man!

That's the kind of stuff the Apostles warned us of, Meerkat!
We have already endured 2000 years of men’s imaginations (or rather 6000)

But there have always been those who have not strayed too far from the path

We are warned against the principalities, powers and rulers in the high places..... which probably corresponds to certain types of men we are warned against
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2021, 04:36 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
We have already endured 2000 years of men’s imaginations (or rather 6000)

But there have always been those who have not strayed too far from the path
I may be different than anyone you are familiar with. I walk the path of scripture, period!

If someone says it and I can't see it in scripture, it ain't for Charlie! That's just the way it is!

I have learned through the years that Charlie can't do much of anything right without the Instruction Book.

Psalms 119:105

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."

Old 09-02-2021, 04:38 PM

Quote:
I may be different than anyone you are familiar with. I walk the path of scripture, period!

If someone says it and I can't see it in scripture, it ain't for Charlie! That's just the way it is!

I have learned through the years that Charlie can't do much of anything right without the Instruction Book.

Psalms 119:105

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."
I know your type

Old 09-02-2021, 04:49 PM

Quote:
I know your type
By the Book and nothing but the Book!

Old 09-02-2021, 04:52 PM

Quote:
By the Book and nothing but the Book!
I have said previously all types are needed, there is a lot happening with the Scriptures and we need to take all of it into account but in proper context, and allowing for timing, seasons, etc

I personally don’t like conflict or arguing for the sake of argument, and I also like to understand things ... for things to make sense

Old 09-02-2021, 05:05 PM

Quote:
I have said previously all types are needed, there is a lot happening with the Scriptures and we need to take all of it into account but in proper context, and allowing for timing, seasons, etc

I personally don’t like conflict or arguing for the sake of argument, and I also like to understand things ... for things to make sense
I look for things to make sense in the context of scripture, from God's view not mine.

It took me years to understand that what God thinks is what matters. That is how I read scripture, doing my best to understand what and why God wants it a certain way.

I can read in the OT of what they did and what happened, but I pay close attention to what God said about it and why. In the end, God was always right and there was much suffering on their part for not searching out the what's and why's of God.

Old 09-02-2021, 05:09 PM

Quote:
I look for things to make sense in the context of scripture, from God's view not mine.

It took me years to understand that what God thinks is what matters. That is how I read scripture, doing my best to understand what and why God wants it a certain way.

I can read in the OT of what they did and what happened, but I pay close attention to what God said about it and why. In the end, God was always right and there was much suffering on their part for not searching out the what's and why's of God.
As we all should

There is an overlaying that happens

What happened, or rather was recorded as happening then, was part of and pointed to a further fuller, bigger, broader fulfillment to come

But it takes a particular mindset to see/perceive the highest/fullest which is qualitative in essence

Eph 4:29**Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
Eph 4:30**And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
Eph 4:31**Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
Eph 4:32**And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

And not be brought down to the lowest/profane type

Old 09-02-2021, 05:13 PM

63,841 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
In other words, departing from scripture to the imaginations of man!

That's the kind of stuff the Apostles warned us of, Meerkat!
Let's see, in YOUR version of the Cross,

God came Himself in the flesh as a human so He Himself could endure the wrath and vengeance of our ignorant, savage, and brutal ancestors in a horrendous scourging and crucifixion that He lovingly forgave even His torturers and murderers for because they did not know any better, just to appease His obviously nonexistent wrath and vengeance against us so that He could forgive us for "whatever" we did because we did not know any better and that He Himself actually wanted to forgive us for. Doesn't that seem to be the product of the very primitive imaginations of men, Charlie?

Let's compare that to my version of the Cross,

God came Himself in the flesh as a human so He Himself could bring His perfect agape love to His HUMAN consciousness and endure with agape love and forgiveness a brutal scourging and crucifixion to make His True Nature obvious and also make His Holy Spirit available upon His physical death to ALL human consciousnesses as the Comforter to guide us to the Truth He has "written in our hearts" with agape love.

Which of the two versions is from the imaginations of men and which is compatible with the Holy Spirit of God (Its inspiration) as revealed by Jesus Christ on the Cross, seen below?

The Holy Spirit IS the True Nature of God revealed, described, and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus. He IS agape love, kindness, mercy, compassion, gentleness, unconditional acceptance, empathy, sympathy, tolerance, long-suffering, decency, friendliness, peacefulness, joyfulness, understanding, care, concern, solicitude, solicitousness, sensitivity, tender-heartedness, soft-heartedness, warm-heartedness, warmth, love, brotherly love, tenderness, gentleness, mercifulness, leniency, lenience, consideration, kindness, humanity, humaneness, kind-heartedness, charity, benevolence, and He is non-judgmental.

Old 09-02-2021, 05:22 PM

Quote:
As we all should

There is an overlaying that happens

What happened, or rather was recorded as happening then, was part of and pointed to a further fuller, bigger, broader fulfillment to come

But it takes a particular mindset to see/perceive the highest/fullest

Eph 4:29**Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
Eph 4:30**And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
Eph 4:31**Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
Eph 4:32**And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
I'm talking about everyday living! I for one am interested in living a life that pleases Him. I learn how to do that by reading the mistakes of others in scripture and the consequences of not searching out God.

I don't need a broader fulfillment, I'm content in getting the here and now right in His way. The rest will take care of itself if I search out His ways to understand them the best I can according to scripture.

Old 09-02-2021, 05:30 PM

Quote:
I'm talking about everyday living! I for one am interested in living a life that pleases Him. I learn how to do that by reading the mistakes of others in scripture and the consequences of not searching out God.

I don't need a broader fulfillment, I'm content in getting the here and now right in His way. The rest will take care of itself if I search out His ways to understand them the best I can according to scripture.
Everyday living? Really? That is not what Gods wrath is about, and consequently not what this thread is about

God's Wrath on Unrighteousness
Rom 1:18**For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Rom 1:19**Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
Rom 1:20**For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Rom 1:21**Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22**Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23**And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Rom 1:24**Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25**Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Mat 1:20**But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
Mat 1:21**And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Mat 1:22**Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
Mat 1:23**Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity