Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2021, 01:31 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
nope the day of the Lord happens is not a one time event, at least not in the way you understand it, the day of the Lord happens every time people wake up to what He has done.
But we are not to focus on our individual selves though, we certainly do wake up but that is not the Day of the Lord
When the Day of the Lord is spoken of in Scripture it is about the definite sequence that was instituted in the beginning of 7 days - and the sabbath is the Day we are to remember, and we are to be aware of the difference between our individual selves, who are messengers only, who have done and are bringing things to the corporate awareness/remembrance about the timing of the things related to the kingdom, and they are to be put into context - the terrestrial times, seasons, days, years that we now have historical evidence of and will match the prophetic in the Scriptures which were all to be fulfilled, expanded (this includes both testaments) and they were overlaid, some old/some new combined

LED is looking at it in the proper context which we should all by trying to understand, and put into place..... and that has to do with the wrath of God which is not aimed at the individual messengers, it is aimed at the principalities, powers, rulers in high places

Eph 6:10**Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Eph 6:11**Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Eph 6:12**For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Eph 6:13**Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Eph 6:14**Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
Eph 6:15**And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Eph 6:16**Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Eph 6:17**And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Eph 6:18**Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Eph 6:19**And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
Eph 6:20**For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

There is a mirroring and imaging that happened, and that produced the systemic development over large periods time - that is what the wrath of God is about
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2021, 06:55 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:
Why do you say it does not happen biblically speaking when I just finished showing you it does.
Obviously, the people who are outside the gates are the same people who were cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 21:8, 22:15) and they have not had their sin nature eradicated by the time they get to Revelation 22:15 (they are still dogs, sorcerers, whoremongers, etc.); which indicates that being in the lake of fire didn't do anything to eradicate their sin nature.

So, now, I have shown you biblically why being in the lake of fire doesn't do anything to purify a man so that the sin nature might be dealt with; so you can cross that off of your list of things that you believe in in conjunction with Universalist doctrine.

Old 09-04-2021, 07:50 AM

2,673 posts, read 2,237,467 times
Quote:
nope the day of the Lord happens is not a one time event, at least not in the way you understand it, the day of the Lord happens every time people wake up to what He has done.

I prefer to just read the Bible and take my theology from that. You're more comfortable making it up for yourself. It's a difference of opinion.

Old 09-05-2021, 05:56 AM

45 posts, read 25,962 times
Default a lot of things

if you notice, during Trump till the day of our Nation voted to impeach him, we were under peace as getting blessing from God. then voters who voted leaders to rebel against God by impeaching Trump then we come under God's wrath of Covid-19. head of the house can lose their child and so on as nothing changes since Old testimony. I am still under God's wrath for something to do with help one become a witch or so... which I tried to redirect them to follow Jesus and never again help anyone to access to spiritual world unless Jesus aprovel me to do so. those who don't know bible will not suffer 7 times than those who know God's laws.

Old 09-06-2021, 05:57 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
But we are not to focus on our individual selves though, we certainly do wake up but that is not the Day of the Lord
When the Day of the Lord is spoken of in Scripture it is about the definite sequence that was instituted in the beginning of 7 days - and the sabbath is the Day we are to remember, and we are to be aware of the difference between our individual selves, who are messengers only, who have done and are bringing things to the corporate awareness/remembrance about the timing of the things related to the kingdom, and they are to be put into context - the terrestrial times, seasons, days, years that we now have historical evidence of and will match the prophetic in the Scriptures which were all to be fulfilled, expanded (this includes both testaments) and they were overlaid, some old/some new combined

LED is looking at it in the proper context which we should all by trying to understand, and put into place..... and that has to do with the wrath of God which is not aimed at the individual messengers, it is aimed at the principalities, powers, rulers in high places

Eph 6:10**Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Eph 6:11**Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Eph 6:12**For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Eph 6:13**Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Eph 6:14**Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
Eph 6:15**And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Eph 6:16**Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Eph 6:17**And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Eph 6:18**Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Eph 6:19**And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
Eph 6:20**For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

There is a mirroring and imaging that happened, and that produced the systemic development over large periods time - that is what the wrath of God is about
Sis I was not referring to us as individuals, what Jesus did he did for all and what he did for all has to do with principalities, powers, rulers in high places and so much more and it is these thing people need to wake up to.

Ask yourself what happens on the day of the Lord?

Old 09-06-2021, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Obviously, the people who are outside the gates are the same people who were cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 21:8, 22:15) and they have not had their sin nature eradicated by the time they get to Revelation 22:15 (they are still dogs, sorcerers, whoremongers, etc.); which indicates that being in the lake of fire didn't do anything to eradicate their sin nature.

So, now, I have shown you biblically why being in the lake of fire doesn't do anything to purify a man so that the sin nature might be dealt with; so you can cross that off of your list of things that you believe in in conjunction with Universalist doctrine.
You have shown nothing but your ignorance of logic, reason and the scriptures.

Who is without the gates? Sinners and only sinners

So who can enter THROUGH the gates and partake of the water of life freely? As only the sinners are without the gates in can ONLY BE THEM that do the entering in. However like is said they can only do this once they have LEARNED to keep His commandments.

Your doctrine of devils has led you far astray brother, you reject plain scripture in favor of your doctrine.

Scripture tells us Jesus Christ is the saviour of ALL MEN, specially of those that believe which is very plain yet you reject in favor of your doctrine.

Scriptures tell us that aion and its adjective aionios have a beginning and an end, yet you reject this in favor of your doctrine.

Scripture tells us that every knee shall bow in worship and tongue confess openly with joyful praise that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father, yet you reject this in favor of your doctrine.

Seems to me scripture takes second stage to your doctrine, as you make scripture conform to your doctrine instead of letting scripture form your doctrine.

Old 09-06-2021, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
I prefer to just read the Bible and take my theology from that. You're more comfortable making it up for yourself. It's a difference of opinion.
nah you just do not understand what I said, even meer seemed confused with it. no big deal it happens.

Old 09-06-2021, 09:57 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:

So who can enter THROUGH the gates and partake of the water of life freely? As only the sinners are without the gates in can ONLY BE THEM that do the entering in. However like is said they can only do this once they have LEARNED to keep His commandments.

Your doctrine of devils has led you far astray brother, you reject plain scripture in favor of your doctrine.

Scripture tells us Jesus Christ is the saviour of ALL MEN, specially of those that believe which is very plain yet you reject in favor of your doctrine.

Scriptures tell us that aion and its adjective aionios have a beginning and an end, yet you reject this in favor of your doctrine.

Scripture tells us that every knee shall bow in worship and tongue confess openly with joyful praise that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father, yet you reject this in favor of your doctrine.

Seems to me scripture takes second stage to your doctrine, as you make scripture conform to your doctrine instead of letting scripture form your doctrine.

Old 09-06-2021, 02:36 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
Sis I was not referring to us as individuals, what Jesus did he did for all and what he did for all has to do with principalities, powers, rulers in high places and so much more and it is these thing people need to wake up to.

Ask yourself what happens on the day of the Lord?
But this is exactly where things get confused, people are naturally geared to their individual/self, and do think in terms of or about the higher purposes

We can not confuse the higher Things with the lower things

There is one Day of the Lord of 1000 years, I believe the Scriptures speak of it from many different perspectives, and with that we can lose sight of when that 1000 years starts and ends and what happens after that 1000 year ends

What I believe is that the restraining was set up in the first 500 years ad, and lasted till the Protestant Revolution/reformation In 1500 ad

There is a time, a doubling of time and a division of time mentioned in Daniel (7:25-28) and what I suspect is that has to do with the 2000 years (2 days) that has been appointed (Hosea 6:1-3) we are now at the end of the 500 years of division and dividing

There is 2 sides to that release, there is a setting up of the principalities, powers, rulers in high places - the named denominational church authorities, which continue to rule over the “earth”

We are not to lose sight of the purpose of the creation of religion and politics which has to do with the rule and dominion of the kingdom of God over the earth in set regions that was planned from the beginning

Religion has its own place and is the woman and is the helpmate of the political which is the male

In Romans we see this losing sight (myopic, distorted, limited views) of the purpose, and the confusion at those upper levels, setting up the same type of system that the reformers were trying to break down

Romans 1:18-25

Luther was not rebelling against the Pope as such either as an individual or as figurehead of the Church, he was starting the process of separation of the woman/church systems from the political/male systems, it was the release of the individual priests/pastors/shepherds to be a single man over their individual houses of worship

We need to separate the individual from the public

Mat 6:9**After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Mat 6:10**Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Mat 6:11**Give us this day our daily bread.
Mat 6:12**And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
Mat 6:13**And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Last edited by Meerkat2; 09-06-2021 at 02:48 PM..

Old 09-07-2021, 01:13 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:

The only way that a man ceases from being a sinner is to be born again of the Holy Spirit, is my contention.

Dogs, sorcerers, and whoremongers will be cast into the lake of fire but this will not eradicate the sin from their lives...they continue to be dogs, sorcerers and whoremongers.

Now I know that you do not believe that dogs, sorcerers, whoremongers, etc. will enter through the gates into the city while they are still dogs, sorcerers, whoremongers, etc. because you have said so.

Therefore, in order to enter in through the gates into the city, they must be born again.

The same way that a person is born again on the earth...through faith in Jesus Christ and what He did for us on the Cross.

If it is inevitable but that you will be born again, you may as well receive it before you are cast into the lake of fire. For "there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth" (Matthew 13:41-42, 49-50)

If it is not inevitable, then if you do not receive it before you are cast into the lake of fire, you will be in the lake of fire for all of eternity. There is no guarantee that if you are outside the city, you will ever "learn to keep His commandments".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity