Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2021, 05:19 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Which is a wholly unsubstantiated claim and frankly a wholly unsubstantiatable claim. The ONLY scripture that is Holy is that which is compatible and consistent with God's Holy Spirit, period! Our ONLY standard of God's Holy Spirit is Jesus Christ on the Cross!! Everything you believe from reading the OT and Moses and the scripture interpreted using Moses is WRONG!!! They were interpreted using the wrong Nature of God and they violate God's Holy Spirit as revealed unambiguously by Jesus Christ on the Cross!!!
All scripture is holy and compatible with God's Holy Spirit (2 Timothy 3:15-17, 2 Peter 1:19-21).

The Old Testament prophets had the Spirit of Christ within them when they spoke what they spoke and wrote in the Old Testament books that were penned by them (1 Peter 1:11).

Therefore, what we read in the Old Testament is perfectly in conjunction with the Spirit of Christ and God's agape love.

Nevertheless, the Old Testament speaks of the justice, judgment, and wrath of a holy God.

Quote:
Know that you accept that claim in defiance and REFUSAL to make sure they ARE holy scripture using the revelations of Jesus Christ on the Cross, so when you are asked why you accepted the claim, better have a good excuse ready!! The same goes for your ridiculous beliefs about the KJV of the Bible because neither of those claims displays any "faith in Jesus Christ." They show just the opposite faith in the claims of men in defiance and rejection of the revelations of Jesus Christ about God's True Nature and Holy Spirit!!!
Those who penned the holy scriptures were tested by the early church and found to be true apostles (Revelation 2:2).

I consider that if the tree is good, the fruit (that which is penned by them) is also good (Matthew 7:15-20).

Last edited by justbyfaith; 09-12-2021 at 06:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2021, 08:56 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
All scripture is holy and compatible with God's Holy Spirit (2 Timothy 3:15-17, 2 Peter 1:19-21).

The Old Testament prophets had the Spirit of Christ within them when they spoke what they spoke and wrote in the Old Testament books that were penned by them (1 Peter 1:11).

Therefore, what we read in the Old Testament is perfectly in conjunction with the Spirit of Christ and God's agape love.
Nevertheless, the Old Testament speaks of the justice, judgment, and wrath of a holy God.

Those who penned the holy scriptures were tested by the early church and found to be true apostles (Revelation 2:2).
I consider that if the tree is good, the fruit (that which is penned by them) is also good (Matthew 7:15-20).
Your stubborn ignorance will definitely require that you prepare an excuse that does not involve believing what men told you to believe, JBF. God will not be pleased by your stubborn ignorance and refusal to use God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness to determine which scriptures correctly reflect the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

Old 09-12-2021, 09:29 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
He quotes the Scriptures and applies them to himself with little to no spiritual discernment.

Old 09-12-2021, 11:15 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,032,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
He quotes the Scriptures and applies them to himself with little to no spiritual discernment.
Thanks to the circus between his ears, he can seize upon the smallest disquieting observation and from it extrapolate a terror of cataclysmic proportions.

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 09-12-2021 at 11:51 PM..

Old 09-13-2021, 01:05 AM

I do believe that Pilate and Herod did not become friends until Jesus became a factor...then they were united against Him.

It is often true, also, that camaraderie can be found between those who would not otherwise be friends, when they unite against a believer who is hated by both parties.

It goes to show that what Jesus said in John 15 is true...

Jhn 15:18, If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
Jhn 15:19, If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
Jhn 15:20, Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
Jhn 15:21, But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.
Jhn 15:22, If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.
Jhn 15:23, He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
Jhn 15:24, If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
Jhn 15:25, But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

Old 09-13-2021, 01:25 AM

Quote:
I do believe that Pilate and Herod did not become friends until Jesus became a factor...then they were united against Him.

It is often true, also, that camaraderie can be found between those who would not otherwise be friends, when they unite against a believer who is hated by both parties.

It goes to show that what Jesus said in John 15 is true...

Jhn 15:18, If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
Jhn 15:19, If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
Jhn 15:20, Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
Jhn 15:21, But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.
Jhn 15:22, If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.
Jhn 15:23, He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
Jhn 15:24, If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
Jhn 15:25, But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
They had nothing to do with your self-righteousness.

Old 09-13-2021, 01:35 AM

Quote:
They had nothing to do with your self-righteousness.
My righteousness is not my own but it has been imputed to me through faith in Jesus Christ.

Old 09-13-2021, 01:39 AM

Quote:
My righteousness is not my own but it has been imputed to me through faith in Jesus Christ.
To coin a phrase, "wishful thinking" on your part.

Old 09-13-2021, 01:41 AM

Quote:
To coin a phrase, "wishful thinking" on your part.
Nope. For I have appropriated this by faith.

Old 09-13-2021, 08:58 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Your stubborn ignorance will definitely require that you prepare an excuse that does not involve believing what men told you to believe, JBF. God will not be pleased by your stubborn ignorance and refusal to use God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness to determine which scriptures correctly reflect the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
Quote:
Nope. For I have appropriated this by faith.
Your belief that your faith in God allows you to believe nonsense is wrong especially not when you have the clear and unambiguous demonstration of God's True Nature and Holy spirit as agape love and forgiveness by Jesus on the Cross. The refusal to use that knowledge and apply it to whatever is claimed to be from God or Jesus or the Holy Spirit is NOT faith, it is stubborn ignorance and fear of change from what MEN have taught you to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity